[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

"
MagnusParvus a écrit :
"
Surfinn a écrit :
+1 for a budget version and guide on leveling! :)

Is it possible to level fireball all the way through? Or are we using other skills and switching later?

Since it was my league starter I used a generic bow attack based strategy to level and then switched over to fireball later. Mana sustain is too hard while levelling. I still followed the same path through the passive tree though, just skipping spell specific passives until after I had switched skills.

Thanks. Do you have a recommendation on when to switch over to fireball? I'm assuming something like toxic rain would be good until later.

Also, are you waiting on the crit nodes until you switch to fireball?
Dernière édition par Surfinn, le 4 juil. 2019 04:21:10
Any particular reason for the Purity of Ice? The extra max res seems nice but I was wondering what made you pick it over any of the other possible options.

Also, the wiki says that the fireballs don't explode when they chain. Doesn't that devalue the threshold jewels since you're going with a chain build, or is it that valuable that it's worth dedicating two slots to?
Don't know if you already have a endgame tree ready. But i took a look at your current tree and found some stuff i would do.

https://pastebin.com/5k5ys47w

Changed the routing above "Assasination" by changing the 2 int nodes into "Coldhearted Calculation" and the crit node leading up to it.

Added "Divine Judgement", "Spiritual Aid" and the jewel socket on the Templar side. (also added "Lord of the Dead" because of "Spiritual Aid")

Feels weird not to take them when you are that close.

"Divine Judgement" might be debatable since you already have a lot of pen from the fire pen support.
I dropped "Sanctity" and "Arcane Focus" for these Points.

But "Spiritual Aid" is pretty much always worth and also allows for more Jewel mods to be considered.

You could also use a "Dying Sun" instead of the onslaught flask.
That way you could either have even more projectiles or change GMP to LMP for even more damage (at the loss of one projectile).

To still have onslaught i would just use a onlaught on kill abyssal jewel.

Cool build idea, think i have to give it a spin.

Edit: you might want to put your legion jewel mods to another piece of gear or a jewel or something. Because when you have it on a flask, like you do, the added mods scale with flask effectiveness in PoB.
e.g. you get more life when you tick a flask effect node.
Dernière édition par Dextos, le 4 juil. 2019 13:46:10
"
Any particular reason for the Purity of Ice? The extra max res seems nice but I was wondering what made you pick it over any of the other possible options.

Also, the wiki says that the fireballs don't explode when they chain. Doesn't that devalue the threshold jewels since you're going with a chain build, or is it that valuable that it's worth dedicating two slots to?

He is using the Purity of ice because of his watchers eye jewel.
It has the mod "%physical damage taken as cold dmg while affected by purity of ice"

But the interaction between fireball explosions and chain im curious about aswell. If the explosion doesn't occur just pop in 2 good dmg/life jewels and be happy about the damage increase.

Edit: just checked the wiki.

"Pierce, Chain, Fork: A fireball that hits an enemy without terminating will only cause the AoE damage effect on the last enemy struck. Any enemies hit by a projectile that pierces, forks or chains will take full damage but the projectile will not explode and deal AoE damage."

So the explosion only occurs when its the last hit after all chains are "consumed" might still be pretty good for AoE clear. Don't know until i played it myself.
Dernière édition par Dextos, le 4 juil. 2019 10:45:00
"
Dextos a écrit :

He is using the Purity of ice because of his watchers eye jewel.
It has the mod "%physical damage taken as cold dmg while affected by purity of ice"

But the interaction between fireball explosions and chain im curious about aswell. If the explosion doesn't occur just pop in 2 good dmg/life jewels and be happy about the damage increase.

Edit: just checked the wiki.

"Pierce, Chain, Fork: A fireball that hits an enemy without terminating will only cause the AoE damage effect on the last enemy struck. Any enemies hit by a projectile that pierces, forks or chains will take full damage but the projectile will not explode and deal AoE damage."

So the explosion only occurs when its the last hit after all chains are "consumed" might still be pretty good for AoE clear. Don't know until i played it myself.

Ah, I should have checked the Watcher's Eye. Probably worth a note since this is a build guide that that's gear-dependent rather than a general goal.

Doing some quick looking, fireball at level 28 has a radius of 15. Two gems bumps this to 23 if they get to the full distance, and because of the chains they probably will. This sounds less impressive than it is, mostly because radius scales quadratically - that's ~2.35 times as much area. It's probably still worth testing to see if they're needed or not with the chains but it might be worth using just to make it easier to nail enemies near walls if nothing else.
This build looks really fun. Just wondering how squishy have you felt with the insane legion damage.
Can anyone craft the bow? i will pay, don't have the recipes but have the ex, build seems funny want to test it
"
hpssicaro a écrit :
Can anyone craft the bow? i will pay, don't have the recipes but have the ex, build seems funny want to test it

I can recommend this guy, he crafted my ED Bow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469110/page/1

Edit: You got to have the base with +1 gems and the 20%more spell damage fossil mod ready if you want him to craft the multimod and the other stuff on it tho.
No Crafter will craft an item for you from scratch.
Dernière édition par Dextos, le 4 juil. 2019 13:02:15
"
MagnusParvus a écrit :
"
wunshot a écrit :
How much would a similar bow cost in legion? I have about 20ex worth of gear on my cyclone and I'm bored with it.

Should cost around 8ex if you follow the crafting process I've added to my first post, but rng with fossils can affect that. Figure in that if you don't have the +2 support gems craft unlocked you will need to pay for that service, as well as any other crafts you are missing. If you are buying an already finished bow it might be listed for a little more. I don't think they should cost more than 10ex.

I don't have the crafts unlocked. Is there any way to get someone to craft for you without potentially getting scammed?
"
wunshot a écrit :
"
MagnusParvus a écrit :
"
wunshot a écrit :
How much would a similar bow cost in legion? I have about 20ex worth of gear on my cyclone and I'm bored with it.

Should cost around 8ex if you follow the crafting process I've added to my first post, but rng with fossils can affect that. Figure in that if you don't have the +2 support gems craft unlocked you will need to pay for that service, as well as any other crafts you are missing. If you are buying an already finished bow it might be listed for a little more. I don't think they should cost more than 10ex.

I don't have the crafts unlocked. Is there any way to get someone to craft for you without potentially getting scammed?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2563713/page/1

This guy has done several crafts for me!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires