[3.9] Fire BV Chieftain | All content | Delve 600+ | Fast , Tanky, 5M+ Shaper DPS | Possible starter

"
Kobalk a écrit :
We don't use Avatar of fire.

Atziri's promise provides chaos res & a good dps boost, less than wise oak though. Both options are viable for this build.

Unleash is good when you have mana/cast speed issues and if you can't maintain bv stacks, otherwise there is better options.

Sorry about that! I'm doing my first bv build and I've probably read too many guides about it the last day or so. I think I just assumed chieftan bv=aof.

You're probably right with unleash not being as good if you have better cast speed. I haven't invested in my cast speed and having unleash really improved my clear speed.
Build is coming along great. What are your thoughts about Endurance Charges for this build? Is it worth trying to generate them with enduring cry or even ascendency changes?
Kudos for this build! I had a chat with Kobalk, because I saw his BV Chieftain on poe.ninja. It was some time before he wrote this guide, if I recall it correctly.

Got my first deathless uber elder kill with it.

I also utilized a Timeless Jewel for it and adjusted my tree for it.

"50% of Non-Chaos Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Gain 20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
(Comes from Glorious Vanity when sacrificed in the name of "Doryani")"

So I've 6.8k HP + 2k ES with Mom/EB. Never running into mana issues and having >10k eHP with MoM/EB.

My Glorious Vanity gives me also:
Spoiler

21% Fire Damage
10% Spell Damage

4% inc. AoE

14% Fire Resi
10% Chaos Resi

10% max HP
8% max ES
30% inc. Armor
4% additional Physical Damage Reduction
2% Movement Speed
Dernière édition par coryu, le 29 juil. 2019 15:46:36
I gotta say amazing job with the build my friend. It is kind of shocking that you've come up with something this strong when having played the game so little.

This build is quite good in all aspects and i'm enjoying it quite a bit. Very tanky, high damage and very fast as well. It took some getting used to the playstyle but the payoff is quite big when you do. I have a few minor updates to do such as penetration boot enchant and such but so far this build is probably in my top 2 of best this league. I really enjoy builds that don't cost 500ex but can do everything quickly and are tanky. Typically you choose one or the other but we get both for a fraction of the cost of most meta builds.

VERY very good job. I will most likely league start this unless it gets more attention in coming leagues. It's very easy and cheap to get off the ground and get effective with it.
Thanks a lot for this guide! ;)

For a real PoE knewb like me - do you have any recommendations on how to start off a new league, when access to currency or some items is not readily available yet?

I just hit Act 3 using your passive tree, and Ground Slam - Added Fire Damage - Onslaught for main skills, supported by War Banner, Herald of Ash and Leap Slam.

Not sure how far that setup will be able to carry me in a fresh league when I don't have access to a 4L or Vaal BV just yet.

Cheers.
-C
"
shalyana a écrit :
Thanks a lot for this guide! ;)

For a real PoE knewb like me - do you have any recommendations on how to start off a new league, when access to currency or some items is not readily available yet?

I just hit Act 3 using your passive tree, and Ground Slam - Added Fire Damage - Onslaught for main skills, supported by War Banner, Herald of Ash and Leap Slam.

Not sure how far that setup will be able to carry me in a fresh league when I don't have access to a 4L or Vaal BV just yet.

Cheers.
-C

TBH BV is a very strong spell, a lot of people league start with it because of how easy it is to build around. On tree you want to rush both duration nodes and in your 4l i'd stack raw damage until you get most of the rest going. So something like BV > added fire damage > added lightning damage/added cold damage > (another damage or utility link) like concentrated, intensify, elemental focus, controlled destruction.

One link I don't think I could personally go without in builds like this anymore though is unleash. It builds charges and essentially lets you cast 4 stacks of BV in a click at the cost of 1. It solves a lot of issues and makes it way smoother to play/clear with.
Dernière édition par coaa, le 7 août 2019 08:58:32
"
coaa a écrit :

TBH BV is a very strong spell, a lot of people league start with it because of how easy it is to build around. On tree you want to rush both duration nodes and in your 4l i'd stack raw damage until you get most of the rest going. So something like BV > added fire damage > added lightning damage/added cold damage > (another damage or utility link) like concentrated, intensify, elemental focus, controlled destruction.

One link I don't think I could personally go without in builds like this anymore though is unleash. It builds charges and essentially lets you cast 4 stacks of BV in a click at the cost of 1. It solves a lot of issues and makes it way smoother to play/clear with.

Oh, I DO understand the part that BV is a popular skill to start off with - what I don't understand is how a Marauder gets the skill ASAP to use for leveling?

If I understand the WIKI correctly it is a lvl12 skill, but directly available to Marauders only after finishing a Q in Act 3. That means I'd need to either:

- create a mule char to get it at the end of Act 1
- buy it from someone
- get lucky on a drop
- use a different skill until then

Or did I miss anything? Do the vendors get carried over to the next league when you completed the main story at least once?

Dernière édition par shalyana, le 7 août 2019 15:14:12
Ahh I see your question. What people do is offer trade via chat during a new league. Once I get to the level I can use it i'll usually post in general / local chat something like Marauder looking for BV gem, will trade any gem you need or currency to buy + tip and give them like a 1 alteration tip or something.

It most certainly is more annoying to start off as some of the gems for casters will be annoying to get until act 6. You can do the above method though, I've not once had a problem getting what I needed from other players as they are typically needing stuff too.
"
coaa a écrit :
Ahh I see your question. What people do is offer trade via chat during a new league. Once I get to the level I can use it i'll usually post in general / local chat something like Marauder looking for BV gem, will trade any gem you need or currency to buy + tip and give them like a 1 alteration tip or something.

It most certainly is more annoying to start off as some of the gems for casters will be annoying to get until act 6. You can do the above method though, I've not once had a problem getting what I needed from other players as they are typically needing stuff too.

Great feedback, thanks! ;)
Hmm... just tried to switch to parts of this build around 32ish for leveling. Feels very slow when I try to kill anything on my 6L Tabula Rasa compared to the 2L axe i had from before with Ground Slam + Added Fire.

Not sure what I am doing wrong tbh. Items aren't tailored towards anything right now, I simply equiped whatever rare I found that was a higher ilvl than before, lots of mix'n match between STR/INT/DEX.

I think I'll keep going using Ground Slam, and make the switch later when I focus more on getting a build completed instead of leveling.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires