[3.9] Aziire's Double Strike Oni-Goroshi Gladiator - Demon Slayer Tanjiro!

TLDR:
Path of Building Link

Videos:
Build Guide Video Link (Will Be Added)

Build List:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688401

Photoshop Build:

Build Intro:
Finally back. From tomorrow on I'll be replying everyday, and will reply to the past 2 pages of comments (I'll read them all however). If I don't get to yours I'm sorry, just re post it and I'll get it within the next day. For now I have a new YouTube guide here. Hope you all had a good league and looking forward to making build guides for all of 3.10 :)

The idea of this character was to see if theory crafting based off a character would work. Turns out, it does. Tanjiro is the character this build is mimicking, which is a character that defeats demons with Fire Breathing Techniques.

Using Oni-Goroshi, the Demon Slayer Unique Sword, we are able to gain the buff Her Embrace. This gives us Extra Fire Damage, Immunity to Freeze, Chill and Ignite, and increased Attack and Movement Speed. Gratuitous Violence is the other core part of this build blow increasing our damage against Bleeding Enemies and Exploding them on death. Combine this with Herald of Ash and our character is an unstoppable force of destruction.

Thanks to the nature of the build/tree we can actually use any Melee Skill, and they all have insane damage. I personally really enjoy Double Strike, but with two Gem Swaps you can get triple the DPS on a Blade Flurry setup. I'll have all the other Melee link options in the expandable Gem Section area and in the Path of Building.

If you want to see the build in action, or prefer video build guides over written then the best place to do so is on my YouTube links above/below (my one moment to sell out). I also check this forum daily so if you have any questions, build related or not, just leave a reply and I'll respond fairly quickly. If you are big brain 500 iq and find someway to improve the build let me know, I'm not perfect.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/aziire

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7vLIcfmXcyxst2uhc9woSg

Pros:
- Versatile, you can use any Melee Skill
- Boosted AoE Clear thanks to Exploding Blood and Herald of Ash Overkill
- Attack speed and Crit Multi is wilding thanks to 3.7 Duelist Area
- Fun way to play a melee skill that often gets overlooked
- A very comfortable League Starter, Oni-Goroshi isn't mandatory

Cons:
- Not a Jugg, you can't tank the world (I just meme and dream)
- Can't do Physical or Elemental Reflect
- Double Strike itself can't compete with top tier Melee skills
- A lot of travelling on the tree, can be awkward while levelling
- No curse setup :c

Offense:
- 1.5 Million+ Realistic Shaper DPS (No Flasks, Buffs, etc active)
- A lot of Layered Offensive stats built into Gladiator Ascendancy
- 6L comes naturally with Oni-Goroshi
- Roll High Tier Atlas bosses with Vaal Double Strike and Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Defense:
- Offense is our Defense
- Actually though, if you kill them before they can hit you you won't die :D
- A good balance of both Evade Chance and Physical Damage Reduction
- Immune to Freeze, Chill, and Ignite thanks to Her Embrace
- Enemies nearby are blinded thanks to Flesh & Stone

This build is a nice balance of both offense and defense. I personally always play Standard Temp Leagues, and recklessly, so going for big deeps/memes is always what I find fun. Mechanics do play quite a bit into my builds, most people would want far more life in their builds. Don't expect to be able to Leech/Tank through Shaper Beam, kty.

I've designed the build around Level 90, as that's what I aim for as a Build Guide Standard. I have a Level 100 Tree, which mostly just consists of extra Jewel slot and Life. If you are following the tree in Path of Building, then you can simply go to the bottom left to switch to the levelling trees I have created. Level 100 is purely Luxury, and I would be impressed if someone dedicated the time to hit that Level on this build.

Bandits:
Eramir is our Bandit of choice. The Duelist Tree is nutty, and I constantly found myself with not enough points. While Alira and Kraityn both wouldn't be bad picks, going for the two extra passives feels like the right move.

Level 21 Tree: Click Here | Progressing through Act 2 | Help Eramir

Level 34 Tree: Click Here | Up to Dominus

Level 45 Tree: Click Here | Up to Act 5 Kitava | Should have your first 2 Ascendancy Points

Level 63 Tree: Click Here | Up to Blood Aqueducts | Should have 4 Ascendancy Points

Level 75 Tree: Click Here | Up to Maps | Should have 6 Ascendancy Points

Level 90 Tree: Click Here | End Game | Core Build Done, Should have 8 Ascendancy Points.

Level 100 Tree: Click Here | Luxury Tree | Finish off the tree with some extra Life and Jewel Slots to help finish it off

Ascendancy:

TLDR: Blood in the Eyes > Gratuitous Violence > Arena Challenger > Outmatch and Outlast

Spoiler
There was really no other Ascendancy choice for us who are doing our best to recreate Tanjiro. With Exploding Blood and Bleeding on hits practically being the Ascendancy form of Nezuko we had no other options. Priority order for Ascendancy is:

Blood in the Eyes gives our Attacks a 25% chance to cause Bleeding, Attacks Maim on Hit against Bleeding Enemies, 10% chance to Blind with Hits against Bleeding Enemies and Enemies Maimed by you take 10% increased Physical Damage.

We take these routes first as we want our Exploding Enemies as fast as possible. This point actually provides us a really nice overall group of stats. Having 10% chance to Blind with Hits against Bleeding Enemies (we cause Bleeding on most Attacks) is a really nice way to provide good defense for no extra cost. We also get a good bulk of our chance to Bleed in this point.

Gratuitous Violence allows our Attacks to have 25% chance to cause Bleeding, 30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies, Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode dealing 10% of their Maximum Life as Physical Damage and 25% more Damage with Bleeding.

This is the big juicer point that a lot of the build is designed around. Having Enemies Explode on kill is beautiful and provides an insanely good way to clear through packs. We basically roll through the map, one shot packs and keep beefing around as shit just explodes. Like with the previous point we also get a third of our Chance to Bleed here.

Arena Challenger grants us 2% more Attack and Movement Speed per Challenger Charge, 25% chance to gain a Challenger Charge when you hit a Rare or Unique Enemy while in Blood Stance, Gain a Challenger Charge when you Kill an Enemy while in Sand Stance and +10 to Maximum Challenger Charges

20% More Attack and Movement Speed provides us an absolutely insane amount of Offense and Utility. These points provide us almost 20% of our Total DPS and and an extra 40% Movement speed in total. When fighting big bosses like any of the final Conquerors or Shaper make sure to switch to Blood Stance in order to maintain Challenger Charges.

Outmatch and Outlast gives 25% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill with Main Hand, 25% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Kill with Off Hand, 10% more Physical Damage while at maximum Frenzy Charges and 10% reduced Physical Damage taken while at maximum Endurance Charges.

Originally I thought taking this would give us both Frenzy and Endurance Charges thanks to Oni-Goroshi using both hand slots. However I was confused and sadly it counts as solely just the Main Hand. Even so it outweighs the other options in Ascendancy and provides good bonuses for being at Maximum Charges. We take this last as it isn't nearly as impactfull as the other points.

Pantheon:
For your Major God you want to either choose Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris. These are both super solid options and just depends on whether you want to be mapping or bossing more. If you think you won't fuck with bosses then take Lunaris, otherwise take Solaris. I personally use Lunaris as it helps when suicide diving packs like a lunatic, which I do frequently.

For your Minor God your best bet is Soul of Shakari. Reduced chaos damage is a nice quality of life, especially once upgraded as you are then Immune to Poison.

We have quite a few Gem setup options, especially considering how versatile this build is and how it can be applicable for any Melee Skill. Just as a comparison in Path of Building Double Strike has 3.5M+ Dps, however Lacerate, Cleave, Reave all sit around the 5M Dps mark. Blade Flurry obviously sits much higher at a fat 8.7M Dps. I just personally enjoy Double Strike, and felt like it doesn't get much love. Use whatever you enjoy playing as a Melee character.

Aside from the main Gems we also have quite a few options for our Utility, Movement and Auras. I will list my personal gem setup in order of priority, and then list why I chose them and other good options in the spoiler box below each skill. Whenever possible use the new Awakened Gems from Metamorph to replace whatever is listed here. E.g. Awakened Multistrike + Awakened Ancestral Call will be better than Normal Multistrike and Normal Ancestral Call. The Level 1 of these Gems are better than a Level 20 Standard version.

Vaal Double Strike > Multistrike > Ancestral Call > Melee Splash > Fortify > Melee Physical Damage

Spoiler
This is our Main Gem Link setup for Vaal Double Strike. The one disadvantage to going Vaal Double Strike is that in order to make it work better we must take two Supports that increase its ability to clear. These supports are Ancestral Call and Melee Splash. The other Gem Link setups won't have to take these and that is why they have higher DPS. We can circumvent this by picking up "Strike Skills hit an Additional Enemy" modifiers on gear, however they can be super expensive (Oils and new Conqueror Bases). The rest of the gems explain themselves. Grab two which help modify what the base Gem does, then use the other supports to boost its damage.
The other Gem Links will be listed below, alongside the DPS they have in the Path of Building. These will all be used with Increased Area of Effect which could be swapped for Concentrated Effect for far more damage when vsing big Bosses.

Blade Flurry 5.6M DPS
Blade Flurry > Infused Channelling > Pulverise > Melee Physical Damage > Fortify > Increased Area of Effect

Cleave 3.3M DPS
Cleave > Multistrike > Pulverise > Melee Physical Damage > Fortify > Increased Area of Effect

Lacerate 3.5M DPS
Lacerate > Multistrike > Pulverise > Melee Physical Damage > Fortify > Increased Area of Effect

Reave 3M DPS
Reave > Multistrike > Pulverise > Melee Physical Damage > Fortify > Increased Area of Effect

Flesh and Stone > Herald of Purity > Herald of Ash > Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Spoiler
Flesh and Stone is a staple as it simply provides way too much utility not to take. While in Sand Stance nearby enemies are blinded, lowering their chance to hit you by 50%. It is also super important as we have Arena Challenger in our Ascendancy so we need the stances to generate Challenger Charges. Always use Sand Stance while mapping and switch to Blood Stance for stronger bosses. Make sure to drop Vaal Ancestral Warchief for the strong bosses as it boosts our DPS a lot. This guy will cream bosses himself.

Herald of Purity and Herald of Ash helps create the flame wielding bad ass we are. These Auras don't require as much Mana reservation, and we can use them both comfortably. Hatred is always a really good option when playing Melee however I couldn't find a way to comfortably use it in the build, so I opted for the to Heralds instead.

Precision Lvl 16 > Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic

Spoiler
Your standard movement setup. Feel free to use Leap Slam instead of Whirling Blades if you find it better. I personally am not a fan Leap Slam and prefer to fly around the map in a dash. We use Blood Magic as our Mana can't support running through a map with no mobs around, and being realistic there are often times you need to backtrack.

It is important to note that you should only level Precision to a point where you can comfortably support it. We reserve our life to use this so be careful with it (it's only 6% of our Life at the ideal level). In the Path of Building our Accuracy hits 100% Chance to Hit at Level 16.

Cast When Damage Taken Lvl 10 > Immortal Call Lvl 12 > Summon Ice Golem Lvl 12 > Assassin's Mark Lvl 13

Spoiler
Classic Lazy Gems. Without getting super expensive I couldn't find a way to Curse reliably outside of manually doing it. Instead we chuck Assassin's Mark in our Cast When Damage Taken setup. This is obviously not a super optimal way to apply a Curse, but without this I wasn't going to have one at all. I also put Summon Ice Golem in here however if you have room you can easily chuck this in your Chest alongside the buffs below. If you do then add in an Increased Duration to make the Immortal Call last a little bit longer.

Vaal Impurity of Fire > Vaal Haste > Blood Rage > Increased Duration

Spoiler
Last but not least our Buff section. You become a true keyboard warrior when you have all these on your toolbar. Just loosely spam these every 5 to 10 seconds and you should be sweet. Vaal Impurity of Fire is a real juicer as it allows us to ignore the Enemies Fire Resistance with our hits. This is huuuuugee for taking bosses on, so save this one alongside you Vaal Ancestral Warchief. We should be fine but try to be careful when using Blood Rage as the degen will creep up on you if you aren't Leeching.

Down to our last bits of the guide, and that is the Gear. Full disclosure that I haven't been very SSF friendly with the gear I have chosen however the only real piece of Gear that the build is designed around is the Oni-Goroshi. This is farmable so the build can definitely be done SSF. Even with just Dual Rare Swords the build can function perfectly fine, and for the majority of people this will be how they play at first, especially if played as a League Starter.

We will be getting a lot of really nice DPS boosters on our gear, and use quite a few different interactions in order to provide us with things such as permanent Onslaught, Endurance Charge Generation, huge Physical Damage and Her Embrace.

For all the gear options I will embed a Path of Exile Trade link so that you don't have to go search yourself and you can instead just open the link for what you need. These are set to search in Standard Temp Leagues so if you are playing in a different League then change it in the top right. Using these when searching for Rares can be confusing at first as I use a lot of filters to find cheap but good gear. Read the section carefully and hopefully I have explained it well enough for people to find what they are after.

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Our main weapon, and the reason for the build, is the Oni-Goroshi Charan's Sword. This sword is a one of a kind due to it's mods, how you can get it, and how it was made. You can farm this sword by never leaving the Twilight Strand when you first make your character. You instead play the instance over multiple times until you find Uber Hillock, who you can slay in order to obtain the sword. This is an extremely time consuming process, and should only be done if you are aware of how long it will take. In League Start it is probably cheaper to race to maps and farm the currency to buy one off someone else. For mods this sword is really neat as it has a hidden modifier that makes it a 6 Link, while being a One Handed Sword. This means we benefit from all One Handed points on the tree. On top of all this the main reason we take this sword is because of the Her Embrace buff that you get when you Ignite an Enemy. This provides us with huge fire damage which allows us to blow through the enemies. This weapon constantly gets stronger the higher Level you are, making it the perfect Sword to make a build around. If this is your League Starter then you should instead go for Dual Wielding Rare Swords as they will be far cheaper and far easier to obtain yourself early on. Use your own swords you find along the way until you can afford at least 250pdps. Just buy the cheapest on the search, as you ideally want to save for Oni-Goroshi as soon as possible.

Just like above we only have one ideal option for our chest piece and that is Daresso's Defiance. This is our Endurance Charge Generation which provides is a lot of things such as extra Damagae, Physical Damage Reduction and Life Regeneration. Life Regeneration is super important in this build as the Fire Damage we take from Her Embrace is quite significant, especially the higher Level you get. We mostly rely on Leech however it is important to have it Life Regen as well. Endurance Charges aside we also get %Increased Onslaught Effect which is huge. Sprinkle on Maximum Life, really solid Evasion Rating and Armour and we have the perfect Chest Piece to use.

Abyssus is our Helmet of choice. While it can be fairly dangerous wearing this bad boy as it comes with a 40%-50% Increased Physical Damage Taken it is simply too good to not take. The added Physical Damage to Attacks is massive, and not only that you also get a huge 100%+ to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier. Nothing even comes close in terms of damage. When buying one of these try and get the lowest roll you can afford for Increased Physical Damage Taken. For context we never wanna buy higher than 45% as it is just too risky (or do it if broke, yolo).

Gloves are glorious, and the only problem here is choosing what we want as there are so many good options. Veruso's Battering Rams are a really good generic pair of Gloves that are usually dirt cheap. They provide good Armour, some Attack and Movement Speed and we gain increased Damage per Endurance Charge. Shadows and Dust are a little more exciting as they give us Rampage, Global Critical Strike Chance and Multiplier, as well as Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana. These are really good, and also dirt cheap. You are able to save a Passive Point as we would no longer need to take the Mana Leech in the bottom right of the tree, and you are able to squeeze out a tiny bit more damage than Veruso's. The third option, and more expensive option, is to get Haemophilia. These put our Bleed Chance at 100% and increase our Attack Damage against Bleeding Enemies by 25%-40%. The juciest stat on these gloves however are that Bleeding Enemies you Kill Explode, Dealing 5% of Their Maximum Life as Physical Damage. This stacks with our Gratuitous Violence giving us explosions that do 10% of Enemies Maximum Life instead. All three of these gloves are really good options, and all are very similar in DPS. The only difference is in diversity of what each does, and what you can afford. If I was League Starting this build I would probably go with Shadows and Dust.

For Boots we want to go with Gang's Momentum due to the huge Fire Resistance it provides. Having a lot of Fire Resistance is super important in this build as Her Embrace does an insane amount of Degen damage otherwise. These boots also provide us with really solid damage, more Chance to Ignite and a fairly decent %Increased Movement Speed.

Yoke of Suffering is the ideal Amulet for this build. It provides us with the ability to Shock Enemies with all Elemental damage, as well as good resistances. These can be pretty pricey depending on the meta and a nice Rare Amulet can be just as good. Sort by DPS (Click Sum) and make sure you cap your resistances. Buy within budget as if you are big spending then you maeswell have saved up for the Yoke. Anoint Assassination, Constitution or Tenacity depending on whether you want Damage, Health or Both (and what you can afford).

For mega speed memes I decided to go with Perseverance as our belt choice. This provides us with Onslaught whenever we have Fortify, which is permanently as we have it while we are attacking. On top of that this combos really well with our Daresso's Defiance as it grants us increased Onslaught Effect. If you rock an Onslaught flask you could instead opt for Ryslatha's Coil which gives us beefier damage. This option can be pretty expensive, however it is constantly slept on thanks to its More and Less Damage not being calculated in Path of Building.

Rare Rings are fairly mandatory here as we have neglected Resistances pretty heavily up until now. Order of Priority is:
Reistances > Maximum Life > Damage.
Try and squeeze a little damage in, but always refer to above when buying. You can't do damage if you are dead.

Pots pots pots. Stock staple stuff here. Atziri's Promise is an essential. For such a cheap flask it is an enormous dps boost. For most builds it is a standard item as it is just so nice. Other than that we can pick up Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar. These flasks are by no means essential unlike Atziri's but provide good bonuses to both offense and defense. The last two flasks I would recommend are to grab yourself a Diamond Flask for Lucky Critical Strikes as well as a Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching (Instant, and removes Bleeding).

For Jewels we go with whatever has a higher Sum in out Weighted Sum search. Just Rare Jewels will do the job, don't need nothing too fancy. Buy what you can afford and get some fatty dps where you can.

The Gear I'm Currently Using:

Thank you for reading/following the build guide. Feel free to leave any questions/comments in the replies as I make sure to spend an hour every day responding to people. Also if you have made it this far, feel free to support me by Subscribing to my YouTube. Viewership helps me a lot, especially as someone who pours a lot of time into these guides. Have Fun :)
Dernière édition par AziiRe, le 24 févr. 2020 12:19:23
Dernier bump le 1 sept. 2020 02:32:29
Reserved
Just a heads up, your skill-trees at all lvls seem to link to an empty link of PoE's skilltree
Didnt they change overwhelming odds to be limited to 1 ?
Looking forward to trying this out!

Skill tree shows up as empty for me though
Tree has been updated to working links, they only just released the 3.7 passive tree on their websites so I had them as placeholders to begin with. All trees should be good now.

Yeah Overwhelming Odds was limited to 1, I'll edit that. This isn't a big deal as we can get crazy dps off a Rare Jewel anyway, and this also allows more room for things like Conquerers Efficiency for reduced mana reserved.
Cool build guide, really well done. I'll defs be using this
been really struggling to get damage going takes ages to kill magic and rare packs
Yeah it can be a little rough. The biggest improvement to DPS I've had so far is to get The Princess Sabe. You can use this from Level 10 and use it all the way through to maps (I currently am using them in maps). They are very common, and very cheap.

For the skill do your best to get it in a 4L using Cleave > Multistrike > Pulverise > Faster Attacks >. Damage is struggling a little to begin with, especially because of how far the Tree travels.

In 3.7 GGG Increased the health of both Magic and Rare packs. It can be a little awkward while levelling, I had the same issues. Using Perforate or Sunder is also a really good option for using while levelling.
Yeah i am finding it quite tough aswell atm. Also my herald of ice explosions are few and far between and i am already lv 60 =X

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires