[3.13] ESSENCE DRAIN / BANE / SOULREND Occultist / Trickster Build. STARTER & UBER Elder Carry!

"
vollekanne a écrit :
thats why i dont like any kind streamers

creat guides b4 patchnotes
copy paste
clickbait
patreon - twitch clickfarming
league starter and UBER ELDER DONE (one day after league start)

and at all: i have more then 15 build like this

You may not like it, but this has a decent tree, good link setup (with leveling links for several skills) and recommendations for cheaper items to use in early maps, and several variations of weapon setups etc..

This alone makes it a better guide than many out here, and while you don't, I like decent guides and people who put effort in should be allowed to advertise for themselves and give reasons as to why they can't necessarily answer every question that comes up.

Edit: Why can't he write Uber Elder done on a build he has cleared Uber Elder on? This build works good with both ED and Soulrend, and while nobody (afaik) has cleared Uber Elder with Soulrend yet, the defenses from this build and the damage (which has more damage then the buffed ED although it requires more casts / 10 sec should have no problem clearing it...) You will also see clearly in the U-elder video that he is using ED there...
Dernière édition par Avous, le 10 mars 2019 11:42:09
"
Angry_Roleplayer a écrit :
"
NathanAP a écrit :
I'm on act 4 running this build, I want to do an Soulrend and Contagion build, but Contagion for itself its not doing too much clear damage comparing to Bane and Soulrend seems slow as hell to use... I really like the idea of the build but I have no idea what should I use in the end-game. Is there any legendary items to check for this combo? Does the new Leech ES works on Soulrend?

Contagion does not work with soulrend. Leech works with soulrend but i recommend using it in cwc setup

I was doing some research last night (I'm not that good at it, but well...) and I could clear well enough with Soulrend + Contagion damage, the real problem I see is that Soulrend cast time is too long, it takes almost a second to cast a single shot... Maybe Contagion + Soulrend CwC Blight might be a good combo, but I need to finish the acts before trying it. Bane is by far the best one to clear so far, but with good damage Soulrend might be safer?
"
NathanAP a écrit :
"
Angry_Roleplayer a écrit :
"
NathanAP a écrit :
I'm on act 4 running this build, I want to do an Soulrend and Contagion build, but Contagion for itself its not doing too much clear damage comparing to Bane and Soulrend seems slow as hell to use... I really like the idea of the build but I have no idea what should I use in the end-game. Is there any legendary items to check for this combo? Does the new Leech ES works on Soulrend?

Contagion does not work with soulrend. Leech works with soulrend but i recommend using it in cwc setup

I was doing some research last night (I'm not that good at it, but well...) and I could clear well enough with Soulrend + Contagion damage, the real problem I see is that Soulrend cast time is too long, it takes almost a second to cast a single shot... Maybe Contagion + Soulrend CwC Blight might be a good combo, but I need to finish the acts before trying it. Bane is by far the best one to clear so far, but with good damage Soulrend might be safer?

I have a feeling that made soulrend a specificl skill ot be used with CWC. The cast time is atrocious and the duration is abyssmal too
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
I don't know why everyone says Bane vs Soulrend instead of using both. You can get on a 6link bow bane+despair+temp chaisn+efficacy+void manipulation+swift affliction which will have a great duration (only need the +1 curse from whispers of doom) and selfcast soulrend+gmp+controlled destruction+efficacy+swift affliction+whatever. With malevolence aura soulrend can 1shot blue packs in yellow maps (without bane applied) without any special investment and 0% quality on gems so the cast speed is not so much of an issue if you need to cast once and you clear 2 whole screens since the missiles travel very far.
"
MuFeR a écrit :
I don't know why everyone says Bane vs Soulrend instead of using both. You can get on a 6link bow bane+despair+temp chaisn+efficacy+void manipulation+swift affliction which will have a great duration (only need the +1 curse from whispers of doom) and selfcast soulrend+gmp+controlled destruction+efficacy+swift affliction+whatever. With malevolence aura soulrend can 1shot blue packs in yellow maps (without bane applied) without any special investment and 0% quality on gems so the cast speed is not so much of an issue if you need to cast once and you clear 2 whole screens since the missiles travel very far.

Exactly. I don't feel that the relatively low cast speed on Soulrend is an issue at all, since you can have more than .4 seconds between each cast and have the DoT applied at all time. I'm assuming the DoT does not stack from multiple casts.
"
Avous a écrit :
Edit: Why can't he write Uber Elder done on a build he has cleared Uber Elder on? This build works good with both ED and Soulrend, and while nobody (afaik) has cleared Uber Elder with Soulrend yet, the defenses from this build and the damage (which has more damage then the buffed ED although it requires more casts / 10 sec should have no problem clearing it...) You will also see clearly in the U-elder video that he is using ED there...
Are you aware he posted that in his guide title before the league had even started?
"
MuFeR a écrit :

I'm actually not comparing both, but with Contagion. Contagion and ED combo was great, I want to try use Contagion with Soulrand, but Bane is too damn good comparing to Contagion. That said, I'm trying to figure if it is worth to use Soulrend with Bane already set, since its intant cast and in a good area.

I'm in act 8 now using Bane to clear, but with Contagion + Blight CwC Soulrend set to bosses and seems really safe and strong. I'm still figuring out about Contagion though, since it can one shot almost every pack of monsters, but I reach Alva and its too slow to clear it... I'm not a reference for anything, I'm not really good at this game to make my own build, so I accept opinions.
"
WyvernG a écrit :
"
Avous a écrit :
Are you aware he posted that in his guide title before the league had even started?

Yes. Are you aware that this is an ED/Contagion and Soulrend / Bane guide?

He cleared uber elder with the ED/Contagion variant that was nothing but buffed since last patch.

"
NathanAP a écrit :
"
MuFeR a écrit :

I'm actually not comparing both, but with Contagion. Contagion and ED combo was great, I want to try use Contagion with Soulrand, but Bane is too damn good comparing to Contagion. That said, I'm trying to figure if it is worth to use Soulrend with Bane already set, since its intant cast and in a good area.

I'm in act 8 now using Bane to clear, but with Contagion + Blight CwC Soulrend set to bosses and seems really safe and strong. I'm still figuring out about Contagion though, since it can one shot almost every pack of monsters, but I reach Alva and its too slow to clear it... I'm not a reference for anything, I'm not really good at this game to make my own build, so I accept opinions.

The thing that made Contagion good with ED was the spread effect. Contagion unfortunately has way too low damage to be used against anything but white mobs :/. Soulrend is also not spread with Contagion, and clears very well with GMP since it does not loose any damage from the gem, only the potential damage it could have gotten from another support.

Soulrend + Bane works very well with eachother, and I would argue that Soulrend clears better than Bane since it can hit bot enemies close to you and far away with a single cast, while Bane "only" hits in a circle (which is rather large though). I don't see any reason to not use both though, as Soulrend + Bane (with Despair atleast, and often Temp Chains or Enfeeble) does much more damage combined then either does seperately for bosses.

Ofcourse, if you prefer Bane over Soulrend there is nothing stopping you from making a decently quick mapper with it :).
This is a very weak starter build. It has all the damage you'd ever want, but it's EXTREMELY fragile without Shavronne's since chaos cuts you to ribbons. Shavronne's is, in most leagues, a fairly expensive item costing over an EX... which means you are not sniffing any real maps until you've farmed up an EX or more, which means grinding T1 maps for hours and hours. This is probably a good second character, but unless you are extemely lucky with your gear I don't understand how you're meant to survive. Currently have 8k ES and it means jack squat when a chaos using enemy melts me in 1 touch. Possible I'm missing something, but the guide doesn't do a very good job of explaining what I should be doing to mitigate these issues.
"
Zombox5000 a écrit :
This is a very weak starter build. It has all the damage you'd ever want, but it's EXTREMELY fragile without Shavronne's since chaos cuts you to ribbons. Shavronne's is, in most leagues, a fairly expensive item costing over an EX... which means you are not sniffing any real maps until you've farmed up an EX or more, which means grinding T1 maps for hours and hours. This is probably a good second character, but unless you are extemely lucky with your gear I don't understand how you're meant to survive. Currently have 8k ES and it means jack squat when a chaos using enemy melts me in 1 touch. Possible I'm missing something, but the guide doesn't do a very good job of explaining what
I should be doing to mitigate these issues.

Well if you have 8kES and issues with chaos dmg you could go CI until you grab shavs, it's stated in the guide and it's simple common sense

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires