[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Hey, this build rocks :)

I modified it slightly for SSF - aka wearing Heretic's Veil and took nodes for extra curse (Frostbite + Enfeeble).
Also using +110 stats Astramentis to avoid that stupid dexterity on gear (kinda messy when SSF).
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I modified it slightly for SSF - aka wearing Heretic's Veil and took nodes for extra curse (Frostbite + Enfeeble).
Also using +110 stats Astramentis to avoid that stupid dexterity on gear (kinda messy when SSF).

Thanks for the comment!

Heretic's veil is a fine item for this build. Should work very nice!

Astramentis is always a decent fix for a while! Once you get close, its really just Phase Run and Inc Duration that start holding you back a little, and in all honesty, I wouldnt mind having them slightly lower level to have a better ammy or other piece of gear on... Just food for thought!

(Remember, its just 1 regret and the skill gem sold to a vendor to bring it back to level 1!)

On the other hand... Frigid Fossils are SUPER easy to find in the ice area underground, so in SSF it should still be relatively easy to craft our gear ;)

Dernière édition par Idarroc, le 31 déc. 2018 09:50:59
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I'm toying with the idea of something similar. I have the heretics veil but IMO temp chain and enfeeble is the way to go. This build already does tons of damage so you may as well slow enemies and keep them in the radius.

I havnt swapped my passive tree to 2 curse yet. I just gotta decide if it's worth the ES loss to do it, which I think will be like 500-600 ES lost to gain a second curse.

EDIT: just did it to see. i had like 11.3k-11.4k ES and dropped to 10.8k. i dropped a few ES nodes and grabbed whipser of doom.

my heretics veil is set up with temp chain>enfeeble>discipline>enlighten(lvl2). It leaves me with 84 mana. I think it's doable with 84 but a level 3 enlighten would make me feel much more comfortable i think
Dernière édition par DotsandDashes, le 31 déc. 2018 10:13:17
"
DotsandDashes a écrit :
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I'm toying with the idea of something similar. I have the heretics veil but IMO temp chain and enfeeble is the way to go. This build already does tons of damage so you may as well slow enemies and keep them in the radius.

I havnt swapped my passive tree to 2 curse yet. I just gotta decide if it's worth the ES loss to do it, which I think will be like 500-600 ES lost to gain a second curse.

EDIT: just did it to see. i had like 11.3k-11.4k ES and dropped to 10.8k. i dropped a few ES nodes and grabbed whipser of doom.

my heretics veil is set up with temp chain>enfeeble>discipline>enlighten(lvl2). It leaves me with 84 mana. I think it's doable with 84 but a level 3 enlighten would make me feel much more comfortable i think

I sit at 111 mana and it is ok, but i got enlighten 3.
Maybe will swap Frosbite/Temporal Chains later to test gameplay difference.
"
sultangurde a écrit :
"
DotsandDashes a écrit :
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I sit at 111 mana and it is ok, but i got enlighten 3.
Maybe will swap Frosbite/Temporal Chains later to test gameplay difference.

Something I think I should make more clear in the guide... The IDEAL way to use that last bit of mana, in my opinion, rather than a different curse... is to get the Aspect of the Spider affix on your belt or other piece of gear.

Aspect of the spider is so insanely strong, can affect people 3 times, and stacks... What does it do? 30% reduced movement per stack, and 5% increased damage taken per stack.

This is your temp chains on steroids! Huge movespeed reduction, and increased damage taken is one of the best stats in the game, because it is hugely multiplicative, compared to adding more damage with has diminishing returns.

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting that if you can afford it, over a second curse.
I think i found out the laziest jewel option for me:

Es roll is low ofc, but that phasing is 24/7 on nice density map :)
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I have something similar on my build ;)

I still use quartz + phase run though, phasing on phasing on phasing! :D
"
sultangurde a écrit :

I use a jewel like that, i also use phasing flask and phase run skill. gotta phase.
"
Kaintgitrite a écrit :
I dont know if it's that great for leveling for us since we dont get CI til late but ive been using Light of Lunaris Spirit shield that adds 38-60 cold damage to spells and 479% increased ES. im level 40ish and im assuming it will only start to shine more and more as we unlock more es nodes/es gear. It's a little more on the expensive side "non starter" but if running 5 6 or even 7th char like i am not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the tip! I've just started leveling and this shield is amazing!
"
Idarroc a écrit :

Something I think I should make more clear in the guide... The IDEAL way to use that last bit of mana, in my opinion, rather than a different curse... is to get the Aspect of the Spider affix on your belt or other piece of gear.

Aspect of the spider is so insanely strong, can affect people 3 times, and stacks... What does it do? 30% reduced movement per stack, and 5% increased damage taken per stack.

This is your temp chains on steroids! Huge movespeed reduction, and increased damage taken is one of the best stats in the game, because it is hugely multiplicative, compared to adding more damage with has diminishing returns.

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend getting that if you can afford it, over a second curse.

Didnt even think about that. I'll likely keep temp chain and enfeeble for now since aspect of the spider is stupid expensive but if i ever get the boss myself I'll see about crafting it on something

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires