[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

well done, I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Also, what's your opinion on the Rime Gaze helmet?
"
theeze a écrit :
well done, I'm looking forward to trying this one out. Also, what's your opinion on the Rime Gaze helmet?

Thanks!

As far as the Rime Gaze goes, it does have decent damage on it, but I personally believe that end game, a good rare delve crafted hubris circulet is going to be the best. -9% enemy cold resistances, MORE es, and a decent amount of resists for yourself make up easily for what the Rime Gaze has to offer.

If you really wanted to, i would run Cold Snap in that as a pseudo 5 link for even more damage, but my personal preference is to stick with the rare hubris!
"
theeze a écrit :

I'm running a very similar build and utilising Rime Gaze it's a nice DPS increase as it acts as a pseudo 5-link for putting Vaal Cold Snap in, it does reduce area of effect though but Vortex pretty much clears trash on it's own so I only use Cold Snap for bosses/syndicate members/etc so the reduced area doesn't really matter.

The downside is that it reduces energy shield recharge rate by 50%, when I tested that in POB I had 8k ES and a regen of 4100 per second and switching to Rime Gaze dropped that to around 3200 so it wasn't too bad as we get more energy shield recharge rate from our passive tree.

Overall it's a good budget option when swapping from life to ES as it's really cheap before you can craft something better. You could also pair it with the Bated Breath belt which has 50% increased energy shield recharge which cancels out the negative from Rime Gaze plus it has a few other ES affixes.

No resists though on the helm or belt which are always good to have so depends on if you can make those up elsewhere.
Dernière édition par CipherNox, le 29 déc. 2018 16:26:28
"
CipherNox a écrit :
"
theeze a écrit :

I'm running a very similar build and utilising Rime Gaze it's a nice DPS increase as it acts as a pseudo 5-link for putting Vaal Cold Snap in, it does reduce area of effect though but Vortex pretty much clears trash on it's own so I only use Cold Snap for bosses/syndicate members/etc so the reduced area doesn't really matter.

The downside is that it reduces energy shield recharge rate by 50%, when I tested that in POB I had 8k ES and a regen of 4100 per second and switching to Rime Gaze dropped that to around 3200 so it wasn't too bad as we get more energy shield recharge rate from our passive tree.

Overall it's a good budget option when swapping from life to ES as it's really cheap before you can craft something better. You could also pair it with the Bated Breath belt which has 50% increased energy shield recharge which cancels out the negative from Rime Gaze plus it has a few other ES affixes.

No resists though on the helm or belt which are always good to have so depends on if you can make those up elsewhere.

Thanks for adding some context :)

I think it may be a useful budget option like you said, but definitely not end game best in slot.
Really great guide Idarroc, thank you so much for posting it.. I'm running a very very similar build although I see a few things I need to tweak based on the information you've shared which are better options than I'm using. Really looking forward to the crafting section as I've been purchasing gear and it's proving to be a costly route and would love to learn more about crafting.

A couple of quick questions though if I may:

1. if I understand correctly you're using Vaal discipline instead of discipline? Fairly new to POE and this is my first CI character so I'm learning but if I look at POB it tells me then I have 1.5s delay til my ES recharge kicks in and with our ascendancy once it start it won't get interrupted so apart from making it so that 1.5s at the start will begin regardless of damage does the Vaal discipline give us anything else?

I'm using discipline at the moment to increase max ES and was planning to grab a few of the "increased effect of non-curse auras" nodes to increase that a bit further.

2. One of your 4 link items with Immortal call setup in it need 3 Red and 1 green socket, is there an easy way to get this on ES gear which is Intelligence based and therefore rolls mainly blue sockets. I've burnt through 400 chromes trying to recolour and I'm struggling with it.

"
Cold Pokemon beats Fire.

False- ice type are weak to fire
"
CipherNox a écrit :
Really great guide Idarroc, thank you so much for posting it.. I'm running a very very similar build although I see a few things I need to tweak based on the information you've shared which are better options than I'm using. Really looking forward to the crafting section as I've been purchasing gear and it's proving to be a costly route and would love to learn more about crafting.

A couple of quick questions though if I may:

1. if I understand correctly you're using Vaal discipline instead of discipline? Fairly new to POE and this is my first CI character so I'm learning but if I look at POB it tells me then I have 1.5s delay til my ES recharge kicks in and with our ascendancy once it start it won't get interrupted so apart from making it so that 1.5s at the start will begin regardless of damage does the Vaal discipline give us anything else?

I'm using discipline at the moment to increase max ES and was planning to grab a few of the "increased effect of non-curse auras" nodes to increase that a bit further.

2. One of your 4 link items with Immortal call setup in it need 3 Red and 1 green socket, is there an easy way to get this on ES gear which is Intelligence based and therefore rolls mainly blue sockets. I've burnt through 400 chromes trying to recolour and I'm struggling with it.

Thanks for the compliments!

As far as your questions...

1. Vaal Discipline allows you to still have Discipline, as well as the Vaal version, all on one gem. Vaal skills are now instant, and with Vaal Discipline, we do not have to wait for our ES to start regeneration, it starts as soon as you pop the vaal skill. Its one gem, two skills! It helps if you cannot find a safe stop to stop taking damage, I usually pop it right before a big fight with Syndicate members or things like that.

2. Typically people would use what was referred to as the "Vorici Method" but I believe 3 link recipies are MIA at the moment? I am currently running my CWDT in a 3 link, and then phase run does not have Inc Duration on it, its just in my boots. Easy fix for now, but not ideal for end game min/maxing ;)

Hope this helps!
I really like the look of this build, but I was wondering about the weapon's veil mod.

The Frost Bomb, will the not trigger equilibrium to the worse?
Leveling a build like this now but fairly new to CI, running it in BHC. when switch to CI would a 5link high ES chest be better than a 6link lower ES chest? or the other way around? things are expensive in this league haha
"
sakuramoo a écrit :
Leveling a build like this now but fairly new to CI, running it in BHC. when switch to CI would a 5link high ES chest be better than a 6link lower ES chest? or the other way around? things are expensive in this league haha

If you are playing HC, the rule of thumb is ALWAYS Defense.

D...

Fence!

D...

Fence!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires