[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
CroDanZ a écrit :
"
Deadbringer a écrit :
"
Nickolai20599 a écrit :
Been running the build now in Delve, pretty unlucky with currency thus far so budget gear is to be expected. The main struggle I've had is the obvious climb for that 5 or 6 link, since double strike is poor for clearing without melee splash and ancestral call. Nothing new there.

I do have to put emphasis on the fact that herald of purity is a godsend, it has boosted my unoptimized gear in terms of damage by a bunch for the measly 25% mana reserved, not to mention the meat shield sentinels aren't bad. To solve the mana issue ordeal, I ended up running simply Herald of Ash and Purity to make up for the damage, and a purity of my lowest resist (fire). 15% of my mana pool is more than enough to never worry about anything other than Whirling Blades before I socketed it in with a blood magic. Nothing much to add for today though as I've not had the chance to mess around much with gear, prices are still somewhat high and like I mentioned, RNGesus hasn't heard my prayers this league.

Personnaly just hit 68 in hardcore . Crap gear,been bloodmagic. Dps is shit. Had to beg friends for bosskill all the way from a8. using frostblade to clear. Its been a tedious run and im not suggesting this thing for a starter build.

Bought bloodseeker(10c) ...got a tabula dropped rdy..need haemophobia and some rings and will started mapping tomorrow.

I dont know how you play but I had no problems so faar with bosses.

Theres 1 button that melt every boss down within seconds....its called "vaal double strike"

I play Double strike only all the way even with a 4 link and even clearing is a breeze. (with Herald of Ash)

Ofc I switch gems for clearing & boss fight, bcs Ancestral Call is great for clear but horrible for Bossfights.

I think you simply make something wrong, bcs the DMG of Vaal Double Strike is broken.

And its a perfect starter build bcs with not more than 1-2 EX investment you can already do all content....ye it requires a lil bit game knowledge during the level phase, bcs you cant copy the build here 1:1 till you raach about LVL 70. ;)

My setup for clear: VDS - Melee PD - Ancestral Call - Melee splash

My setup for bosses: VDS - Melee PD - Maim - Ruthless

And bcs of the Mana problem: I run Blasphemy + Warlords Mark...Problem solved. ;)

One more hint: PLay with "Ornament of the east" claw till you get "worthy foe" ascendancy....this helps a lot.

dont think it has anything to do with links .. even though i ran bloodmagic early on which gut my dps for not having auras. I have been using a 5l from lvl40 , NPC vendor luck. I just hit 71, one of my slowest lvling ever. I had no close call while clearing though, its just kinda slow. Rare doesnt melt really fast. trash clear is okay. Trying too farm a couple chaos to fix my gear. Obviously being hc makes me play safer. Im considering egreting bloodmagic just to run something like hatred/HoA. Or HoA + that new herald.

edit: my gear and shit is public. Feel free to check it out and point my flaws.
Dernière édition par Deadbringer, le 2 sept. 2018 11:41:23
pantheon , bandits ?
"
ancientmind a écrit :
pantheon , bandits ?

Look in the Skill Tree section of the guide.
"

dont think it has anything to do with links .. even though i ran bloodmagic early on which gut my dps for not having auras. I have been using a 5l from lvl40 , NPC vendor luck. I just hit 71, one of my slowest lvling ever. I had no close call while clearing though, its just kinda slow. Rare doesnt melt really fast. trash clear is okay. Trying too farm a couple chaos to fix my gear. Obviously being hc makes me play safer. Im considering egreting bloodmagic just to run something like hatred/HoA. Or HoA + that new herald.

edit: my gear and shit is public. Feel free to check it out and point my flaws.

Ofc it has to do with links....with this build you have always to swap gems @ bosses.
Not every support gem supports Vaal Double strike. ;)

And your main single target damage, esp before BIS gear = Vaal Double strike...use it even on rares that sustain longer (cs of phys res, etc...)
Dont be afraid to use it only for 1 rare...ir reloads fast enough.

And what I see you miss "worthy foe" ascendancy.
Ofc you have no DMG bcs your hits miss the enemys. (the build has close to 0 accuracy without it) ^^

Till you have "worthy foe" throw out "Bloodseeker" und put in "Ornament of the east" claw....this also gives you accuracy 100%. ;)

And ofc u miss all the damage flasks (at least Diamond for the start).

The rest is min/maxing.

Dernière édition par CroDanZ, le 2 sept. 2018 12:35:54
Most of the damage is coming from flat phys together with the offhand stat stick. That's why it can be good to keep the auras (hatred + herald of purity give the most dps) before you have good gear (flat phys on jewelry and a good offhand to start with)

In order words with a league starter i will postpone getting blood magic because auras are a good source of damage.

I checked path of building and a shaper stat stick like op's is probably the best.
There are a few other options before those become available.

Princess: Cheap and quite powerful.
Relentless fury: Hard to calculate and compare but cull + onslaught are quite good.
Death's hand: Power charge generation and unholy might.

I also checked a cheap belt of the deciever versus op's abyssal belt with the good jewel inside and belt of the deciever wins (more damage) but the rare stygian vise adds more life and resists of course.
Well, with shit gear I'm doing fine, a few deaths because i can't bother maximizing my resists yet in softcore. I struggled a little with DPS until I reached claw nodes. From there, and a 4 link, frost blades started to shrine. You have to keep in mind that frost blades attack with alternate hands so it need 2 dps weapons, not a stat stick. Anyway, I'm loving the frost blades clear in Delve, to the point I may switch to it later, we'll see. I need to finish this build first to get the proper feeling in Delve.

Another point I will like to add is, Molten shell with the instant cast might worth looking. Also, being so easy to proc low life in the darkness, MAYBE I'll pick the adrenaline node, not sure yet.
"
calavera_ a écrit :
Well, with shit gear I'm doing fine, a few deaths because i can't bother maximizing my resists yet in softcore. I struggled a little with DPS until I reached claw nodes. From there, and a 4 link, frost blades started to shrine. You have to keep in mind that frost blades attack with alternate hands so it need 2 dps weapons, not a stat stick. Anyway, I'm loving the frost blades clear in Delve, to the point I may switch to it later, we'll see. I need to finish this build first to get the proper feeling in Delve.

Another point I will like to add is, Molten shell with the instant cast might worth looking. Also, being so easy to proc low life in the darkness, MAYBE I'll pick the adrenaline node, not sure yet.

you can proc lowlife by using blasphemy and 2 aura and turn it on/off before boss fight. Then pop your vaal doublestrike( with adrenaline , and totem .. GG)

Day 2, mostly grinding maps and going deeper in the mines, was running chance to bleed before I got Haemophilia and switched to maim which clearly should've been done ASAP.

I have to agree with most though on the fact that it's a pretty weak league starter, although it has great potential, the buildup is a bit too slow without currency early on. Sitting on 6k life with decent gear, can do full keys Uberlab runs without any problem and so on. My gear has still a lot of room for improvement though, anyone got suggestions as to what I should aim for next? Stat sticks will probably not be a thing for another couple of days, corrupting bloodseeker perhaps? Buying a six link crafting base is another option. Would love suggestions!
"
Day 2, mostly grinding maps and going deeper in the mines, was running chance to bleed before I got Haemophilia and switched to maim which clearly should've been done ASAP.

I have to agree with most though on the fact that it's a pretty weak league starter, although it has great potential, the buildup is a bit too slow without currency early on. Sitting on 6k life with decent gear, can do full keys Uberlab runs without any problem and so on. My gear has still a lot of room for improvement though, anyone got suggestions as to what I should aim for next? Stat sticks will probably not be a thing for another couple of days, corrupting bloodseeker perhaps? Buying a six link crafting base is another option. Would love suggestions!

Hmm...runing full key Ueberlab @ day 2 and not good league starter?
I gues its sarcasm. ^^

I've invested 5 chaos so faar (main weapons & gloves), clearing trash superfast and melt bosses like trashmobs...and dont die at the same time. :D

Cant imagine a better league starter. ;)

ANd the best thing ...its a non meta build, so prety cheap.

Most of the builds rely on Uniques that cost about 1-4 EX atm....and without them they do not even half damage as this build do.

To your question: Yes now you go for 6 link, flask setup (ye they help to fo tons of DMG), min/maxing stats (Crit, Phys DMG, etc,...), farm for a stat stick or the currency for it, etc...

I played DOuble Strike last league too and cleared T15 Maps with 5 link and crappy gear/weapon without problem...bcs the skill itself is OP a.f. :D
Dernière édition par CroDanZ, le 2 sept. 2018 21:48:31
I went for all dps nodes first, leveling with Frost Blades 5L for the time being and 4L on the double strike. Kind of making it up until I get the gear to to the swap over to full Double Strike shortly.

Clearing early tier maps is fine, pop the bois when I am in need of a little extra oomph. It seems to work not too bad to get farming some low tier maps. I decided to leave Blood Magic until a little later to take advantage of a couple of Heralds. Although, I am working my way there now. Resistances are quite low at the moment, but the sheer amount of leech and life on hit from my current claw kind of helps that. The mines are a different story. Those mobs are quite tanky, and I need moar deeps!

I have some currency saved up to buy some of the key essentials of the build, but since it's so new, I am just having fun kind of solo self found in an open league :D

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires