[3.11] Powerful Earthquake Slayer (beginner friendly, leaguestarter, FAST, all content)

Should i use beastcrafting to corrupt my 6l atziri axe into 30 qual? Or are there better options?
Thanks for the build OP, really enjoyed it. Great league starter. It seems to be reaching its limits with endgame content. IE, takes a long time to kill conqueror on t16 map.

I'm certainly not min-maxxed but have decent equipment - 6l, 750+pdps axe. Not really doing any elemental or chaos dmg so swapped dmg on full life for brutality. Don't seem to be consistently at full life anyway, so not a huge fan of that one. I like linking second wind to dash/intimidating cry/seismic cry. Picked up instant warcry keystone and use AOE cry for mobs, double dmg cry for bosses.

Thinking of swapping to impale crit cyclone to get better endgame damage. Not confident I can do a5 sirus right now.
Dernière édition par DrunkDoter, le 5 juil. 2020 04:49:48
Hi

nice build thanx. Several questions:

1. Why do you use generals cry - since u got no skill linked to it?
2. Your setup in PoB is different from what you advise in your post. For instance I found no mana leech anywhere in your PoE build, is it a typo, or you have somthing there i dont see?
3. Which jewels do you actually use - not clear from PoE and your post?
4. how do you use The Red Nightmare jewel?

Thanx for reply in advance.

Yeah, the build slows down a lot around lvl 90 as it needs a ton of investment. Explode is necessary for rare/blue mob packs or you'll need to swing your axe twice or three times to get them down. Got my atziri's and belly's 6-links and the tree is around 10 regrets away from a swap into cyclone so the gameplay might get hella smoother if i eventually decide to do so.

Compared to my friends running golems, spectre/spiders or actually any projectile-based builds, it seems that Earthquake still needs some tweaking. I also hope that Prycro removes that General's Cry from the base build as it does nothing for us (and he doesn't use it aswell, looking at his profile).

Steelskin on movement (basically - left mouse button) instead of CWDT is pretty neat (2k hp for free every 3s). There are a lot of passive points variants, yet getting all these nodes for warcries seem to be a little waste. Crucial one is to take Combat Control. I feel like trying Measured Fury but it doesn't provide anything to clearing speed, only some dmg at bosses (or you'd have to warcry constantly, which is hella clunky without Call to Arms - then you have to go for warcry cooldowns or link it with Second Windgem. Either way, it's a ton of passive points to spend. Endgame viability seems to be just "okay" - as long as you don't get oneshot, you'll leech it back, but at this point it would need at least 15 exalts to make it work at t16+.

Anyway, I will try to upgrade my eq and see how it works but the whole league-starter thing is totally right - feels great at the beginning :D
"
kamiru0 a écrit :
Yeah, the build slows down a lot around lvl 90 as it needs a ton of investment. Explode is necessary for rare/blue mob packs or you'll need to swing your axe twice or three times to get them down. Got my atziri's and belly's 6-links and the tree is around 10 regrets away from a swap into cyclone so the gameplay might get hella smoother if i eventually decide to do so.

Compared to my friends running golems, spectre/spiders or actually any projectile-based builds, it seems that Earthquake still needs some tweaking. I also hope that Prycro removes that General's Cry from the base build as it does nothing for us (and he doesn't use it aswell, looking at his profile).

Steelskin on movement (basically - left mouse button) instead of CWDT is pretty neat (2k hp for free every 3s). There are a lot of passive points variants, yet getting all these nodes for warcries seem to be a little waste. Crucial one is to take Combat Control. I feel like trying Measured Fury but it doesn't provide anything to clearing speed, only some dmg at bosses (or you'd have to warcry constantly, which is hella clunky without Call to Arms - then you have to go for warcry cooldowns or link it with Second Windgem. Either way, it's a ton of passive points to spend. Endgame viability seems to be just "okay" - as long as you don't get oneshot, you'll leech it back, but at this point it would need at least 15 exalts to make it work at t16+.

Anyway, I will try to upgrade my eq and see how it works but the whole league-starter thing is totally right - feels great at the beginning :D
Heh steelskin on movement is funny - our skill effect duration is so low that it's only up for like half a second, but that still might be better than CWDT to free up a socket!

Have been doing some experimenting with Fist of War over, eg, melee phys dmg. Was able to kill a juiced t16 elder guardian and a juiced t16 delirium boss with ease this way. Even though my attack speed is quite high (around .45-.5 second), this still feels better as a 6th link. Feeling more confident to try a5 sirus soon, but it probably wont be too easy compared to other builds with similar investment.

Can you make your characters public so I can see :D
Dernière édition par DrunkDoter, le 6 juil. 2020 03:28:55
"
kamiru0 a écrit :

I'm also starting to see this potential problem, I'm thinking we somewhere need another layer of defense.

There's a lot of things to keep pressing in the build (Flasks/Totems/Warcries/Buffs). Which isn't so much of a problem when you are 1-2-3 shotting Bosses and you have that setup time, but if they can survive the initial damage (seeing this now in T14+ Conquerors) we've got a lot of stuff to set back up to finish off the bosses.

I guess unless you have a crazy Life Pool where the high Ex investment comes in I find myself running around trying to set the 2nd set of damage up and inevitably die here due to either using Flask Charges due to eating damage when setting up Warcries/Totems/Buffs.

I was leveling fairly well until 90 but starting to hit an EXP wall just before Sirius in that last wave of Conquerors as I keep getting 1 shot.
Dernière édition par NeedBlackupYo, le 6 juil. 2020 08:19:49
I started running Enduring Cry with Call to Arms on left mouse combined with Immortal Call.
Unfortunately means no Seismic/Intimidating Cry but for now I think the extra survivability is nice.

I think putting so many skill points into Warcries is a waste and using them feels pretty clunky otherwise, I usually only used them once before a boss anyway.
"
NeedBlackupYo a écrit :
"
kamiru0 a écrit :

I'm also starting to see this potential problem, I'm thinking we somewhere need another layer of defense.

There's a lot of things to keep pressing in the build (Flasks/Totems/Warcries/Buffs). Which isn't so much of a problem when you are 1-2-3 shotting Bosses and you have that setup time, but if they can survive the initial damage (seeing this now in T14+ Conquerors) we've got a lot of stuff to set back up to finish off the bosses.

I guess unless you have a crazy Life Pool where the high Ex investment comes in I find myself running around trying to set the 2nd set of damage up and inevitably die here due to either using Flask Charges due to eating damage when setting up Warcries/Totems/Buffs.

I was leveling fairly well until 90 but starting to hit an EXP wall just before Sirius in that last wave of Conquerors as I keep getting 1 shot.
I think there's another side to this coin - you either get more defenses, or you get more damage so you kill stuff before it kills you. I prefer the latter :P
Yeah i lowkey hit a wall on 4 socket conquerors, i can update my gear a bunch but i feel like some passive tree + gem rework for the build is more nessesary. Hopefully someone here will be able to optimise it more
Did a5 sirus today, was actually really easy. Died a few times due to 1500 ping spikes and once to environment because I'm a baddie. Currently using eq linked to close combat/less duration/brutality/pulverise/fist of war. seismic cry + intimidating cry means just a few fist of war hits before sirus goes to next phase.
Dernière édition par DrunkDoter, le 6 juil. 2020 19:33:59

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires