[3.2] Icy "The Cat" Shieldmaiden (Spectral Shield Throw, 90% Ele, Deadeye, Aspect of the Cat)

"
Casia a écrit :

yeah. shield throw initial throw can not pierce. So, PP only activates on the aoe proj nova, giving tremendous pack clear, without chain or fork even. If you take PP, you may not even need Fork. Its a great ease of use tool for SST before links, or mapping. order should be Gathergind wing for movespeed, PP for peirce/crit, Rupture in a crit build/farshot in EO, then fast and deadly for hit chance and raw damage in high teir maps.
helps immensely vs those allies are immune..

point blank. I highly recommend it. SST is a namelock skill. if you are trying to snipe with it, you will miss often. you cant just throw it at an area like a tornado shot, and expect it to work. face tanking is far and away the most effective. the speed from an anc protector is super ideal as well, further emphasizing the use of point blank.
boss vs trash. Faster projectiles does effectively counteract with Point blank. the further then go, the less damage they do. however, the targets of this travel are always trash packs. There is a rarely a scenario where you should care. the PRIME dps is whatever you are targeting.
Far shot vs PB. afaik, no one has actually confirmed they operate in a 1:1 for distance.
Farshot is 0-30% more. Pointblank is 50% more to 50% LESS. 0-10range you deal 50% more. at full range, you deal 35% less, or 65% of damage. (more and less modifiers multiply into each other, not add. so its not 50%-30%=20%. its 100%damage x1.30 for 130% damage farshot x.5 for 65% damage with farshot and PB.)
Notice PoB doesnt calculate farshot. no one is entirely sure on distance math... is there a point where PB AND farshot are both increasing damage, for a sweetspot? no one knows. PB is 50% more from 0-10. does FS kick in before that? 10-35 PB drops from 50% more-0. FS should absolutely be working at that point. but how much? is there a point, where you can get more then 50% more?
If so, exactly at 10 range, or between 10-15range is likely.

I went EO because I thought it would be easier/cheaper for a SSF build. higher life, regen, resists.

All my math does suggest crit in the shadow passive area is more potential dps however.

PS. Arrow dancing is really, really good. Far better then acrobatics. any time you are near it. you should probably grab it.
Take your PoB. 74% evade chance. with arrow dancing. 59% vs melee, 95% vs projectiles.

Some very good points about Fork and Powerful Precision. I haven't actually tried mapping with Powerful Precision WITHOUT Fork yet, I should do that, maybe Fork will just be unnecessary.

I have no idea about Far Shot. I run Point Blank and use my shield throw in melee range, so I don't even bother with it. I go for the other 4 options, Rupture, Wind, Deadly and Powerful.

I originally went EO as well, but believe me, it's not better or cheaper/easier to gear for SSF. You'll just give up later potential and you'll need a ton of regrets to fix that later on, it's a waste. Crit is slightly below, if not on par with EO even with the worst possible gear, and MUCH better later on.

About Arrow Dancing, I don't think anyone would argue against -20 +40 being a good deal. The thing is that anything that is dangerous to you will be a melee slam, not a projectile attack. I can't think of any projectiles outside of a select few bosses that would one shot me. Things like Atziri Flameblast aren't going to help as it's not a projectile, you need spell dodge for that.

So while it maybe a good value point, realistically, you'll nerf yourself against the actually dangerous attacks, especially if you play Point Blank in melee range, imo.

In defense of Arrow Dancing though, per % wise the evade chance does go up in value dramatically when you go above the 75% mark, that's true. Say, if you'd have 80% evade normally, and get 10% from somewhere, it's not actually going to feel like 10% to you, it's going to feel like you evade 50% more than with 80%. This is the reason maximum resistances are also so valuable. 75 to 76 max resist feels like 4% elemental DR, increasing further every 1% you go up from there.

Still though, I'm not convinced it's better for the reasons above, but it might be. If 80% of your damage taken is melee and 20% is projectiles (of all damage that isn't something else) then melee evade value weighs 4x that of projectile evade. I'd need numbers to be able to say for sure though.

Oh, there is one example that makes projectile evade really good. Many of the spitting cobras that deal chaos damage, do so with a projectile attack and this build has no chaos resistance. Also Hydra... but then Izaro, Shaper and the other guardians all smack you in the face with melee, like a truck filled with bricks.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Dernière édition par Xavathos, le 11 mars 2018 11:56:58
A thing to consider, melee attackers who are not bosses, will be frozen or die almost instantly to the aoe nova. While ranged attackers will live longer to get hits in on you. individually not instakills, but poke, poke poke. potential for stun, shock, or block recovery.
slow big hits from bosses are much easier to manually avoid.
and, Stibnite. melee blind.
"
Casia a écrit :
A thing to consider, melee attackers who are not bosses, will be frozen or die almost instantly to the aoe nova. While ranged attackers will live longer to get hits in on you. individually not instakills, but poke, poke poke. potential for stun, shock, or block recovery.
slow big hits from bosses are much easier to manually avoid.
and, Stibnite. melee blind.

That's true enough. Chill and Freeze work on bosses now too, even Shaper, so hmm. Yeah, I can see this being worth it then.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
I think the Op said the liked Whirling blades.
but..

I've been trying to find a way to streamline.. Blood rage, frostbomb, projweaknes/assassins, tempest shield, fortify, ancestral prot..
Obviously way too much to get up on every fight, or maintain.

Cwdt-IC-Frostbomb is easy enough. possibly, even bloodrage there.
But, I am very happy with leapslam+fort+coh+projweakness/assassins atm. Greatly streamlines fort/curse application. shieldcharge would work as well. WB is not nearly as good at this.

(saw someone with a neat frenzy+pcoc+coc+frostbomb) idea.

so,3s cwdt-IC-FB
4s leapslam+coh+projweak+fortify
3s tempestshield+bloodrage+incdur
4s ancs prot+minionlife+golem+minion/totem resist
ST on chest.
ash+hatred in last. with 2 empty slots.
"
Casia a écrit :
I think the Op said the liked Whirling blades.

Hi thanks for you feedback!

I changed my mind with whirling blades for this build :D Shield charge works better and costs less mana (I like it more because I can charge precisely where I want which is important), and for map running - if you get a flask like this >

you are speedy gonzales.

At the moment I have to spend 2 points for arrow dancing and I think we dont have to be scared of range creeps at mapping just bosses do scare us and with piercing also the ranged mobs most likely are already dead.

In this guide you have to press at the start of the map blood rage and then you use 2 skills: Shield charge and SST (right mousbutton in my case), I tried to stream yesterday a bit -> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/237614400 you can check it out if you want to see the build in action from yesterday.

I like frostbomb, maybe I find a way to build it in.

Im still at t12-13 maps, I will improve the guide this week and finish it by end of the next week I guess.

thanks all for the help so far!

ps.: I hope I find some aspect of the cats stuff soon ^^ or get rich..
Dernière édition par birdis0n, le 12 mars 2018 07:57:02
This post was a mistake :/ "placeholder"
Dernière édition par birdis0n, le 12 mars 2018 01:41:18
Another heads up. Don't ignore scepters.. This thing, is just barely less dps then the princess.
I can even craft additional "Increased cold damage" onto it via Catarina. 10-14% at level3, 15-19% at level 6. (im waiting.) It will be about 1% weaker then The princess with that craft.

Ele damage with attacks can also be rolled/crafted, if prefix's arent full. a good scepter can beat the princess. (although princess is a pretty cheap item of course.)

doryanis is probably bis.

Edit:BIS would be an entirely unrealistic... but possible sambar sceptre.

Tuls:75-79% inc cold damage.
Overpowering: 38-42% inc elem damage with attack skills.
?mana? 3rd prefix does nothing really..

Of glaciation: 27-30%inc cold damage.
of celebratoin: 26-27% inc attack speed.
of of destruction: 35-38% to Global crit multi.

(abyss sceptre is good as well, but the pen is better for sambar.)
This theoretical sceptre totally crushes princes and doryanis. so, you dont actually need those perfect rolls to come out ahead.
Dernière édition par Casia, le 12 mars 2018 11:42:48
Yes there are a lot of option, the best item for us will be some eldar/Shaper with more then one extra gain-damage mod I think.

My stream should not lag anylonger the next time - if someone was watching from here :) I streamed in 1080p which was not so smart maybe..

Are you using this weapon with this build? I will search a bit for a good sceptre and test it, there are for sure very good options thats the nice thing with SST.

Did today t14 with princess without a problem, I think this build is really good also with cheap items and can scale into very high damage, I like it so far.

Dernière édition par birdis0n, le 12 mars 2018 15:04:04
What's best way to start our tree out? I've seen a few builds just plan like a 1-27 or 30 layout.
"
cryyyy a écrit :
What's best way to start our tree out? I've seen a few builds just plan like a 1-27 or 30 layout.

hey, I can add levelingtrees if I find time but you should go first south of the tree, skip frenzy charges and jewelers and later to the critnodes. (Point Blank just when you feel comfortable in front of bosses) I also took Decoy Totem for a longer time while leveling.

My first Ascendancy was gathering winds because I wanted to try it but I would take it again first.

I bought today a sword for just 2 Chaos and its much better then princess (I guess I was lucky to get it for 2) ->

I also added to my CWDT Frost Bomb, Bosses till t11 so far are pretty much just frozen I hope I get a better mappool again then I will add also new videos and will stream again this week.

Here my current gear:

ther is a lot of improvement left ;) I have no luck with my belly so far..

With Princess I was able to do t14 maps without much trouble if u know the boss mechanics.
Dernière édition par birdis0n, le 13 mars 2018 15:56:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires