[3.2][Slayer/Reave/Blade Flurry] Embrace the Madness [Oni-Goroshi/Budget to End Game]

Thanks a lot for informative response, bro. Do you mind sharing your build PoB link?
To add to the lab guide. 95% of the lab is very easy with overleech, at least one blind jewel, arctic armor(enlighten level 3 should be fine if you're over 700 mana, use mana/flask nodes between slayer and ranger if you're not). The last 5% are certain room room layouts that have hardocore trap room after the lobby, with few monster to get your leech going, and your random crits on those debuffing cabinets will trigger her embrace, which will degen you to death if traps won't. The only tips I can suggest are:
1. Turn off crit darkshrine.
2. Clear every mob this side of the trap room.
3. Carry a health flask, increased recovery, reduced recovery speed should do fine.
Thing is. My lvl is quite low atm, and I'm trying to do the trials to get offerings. And those just rip me apart. Like, I'm trying to use jar before going into the traps, but with Vaal Pact I die so much there. Especially considering that I don't have a good movement skill, don't use any health flasks and quicksilver flasks. I'm probably doing something wrong.
Bring couple of health flasks and maybe a quicksilver(beast-crafted one with move speed is nice). Kill everything. Avoid killing debuff cabinets(so you don't proc her embrace), abuse leap-slam whenever possible. Surprisingly I had very little trouble with with trials. One kicked my ass, but that was in early 70s and I haven't encountered this type since, so I don't know...
Maybe someone can help me out here. My profile is public, character is "XyrmsBeastReave" (super creative, I know).

I've started this character (with a few minor changes), and got it to 86. I know I have a bit more to go, but I have some very real concerns about survivability. Namely, even with 6.7k HP, I still feel like I get one shot, or get dangerous close to one-shots, too often. I did red elder last night and was routinely getting one shot (specifically T13... note: I can easily do all red maps if I watch the mods, and had no issues with any guardian). Worse, due to having to chose between reave or BF, I found it impossible to save the shaper, despite being able to kill the portals in 3s or less with BF. Reave didn't do enough damage to kill the mobs properly, and BF affected too small of a radius to kill enough mobs at a time.

While my armor seems a bit low (ultimately can be fixed with better gloves and boots, but not by enough to really change things completely), I am very well capped on resists (117, 118, 119 for fire/cold/lightning). With that much HP and slayer leech you'd think I'd be golden... and I mostly am, for mapping. But certain bosses just seem to be insanely punishing for one-shots. And this is with me using starkonja's, since I know I find one-shots frustrating and didn't even want to consider Abyssus.

My goal this league is to take a character to 95+ and kill Uber Elder + Uber Atziri, and I'm not sure I can do it with this character (note, I'm not blaming the build, but more myself). Any ideas? Is it just my level (I know Oni and HP scales with level so I'm willing to accept a lot can/will change in the low to mid 90's)?

EDIT:

Some thoughts about how I might approach my issues. Obviously first things first is getting a better pair of gloves + boots with an armor base instead of evasion, to help with phys damage. Second, drop herald of ash for purity of fire, and then run a watchers eye that has % of phys dmg converted to fire (and some hatred mod maybe? either flat crit, added cold dmg, or phys to cold conversion). The added max res from purity of fire would also help offset the oni burn and make it easier to hit resists. The damage we lose is really minimal in most cases according to POB.

Another thought... reshuffling some of the damage nodes to better support elemental damage, and scaling the build off that? For example, we could drop maim support for the superior "elemental damage with attacks", if we got a little more conversion, either through a phys to lightning support, or a watchers eye that gives phys to cold conversion. The fencing wheel is particularly weak, and we could stand to gain a lot from the primeval force wheel. Even with the base build, with her embrace up easily 2/3 of our damage is elemental... why not nearly remove all phys and scale off elemental?
Dernière édition par Xyrm, le 12 mars 2018 14:44:52
Thoughts about running this build as champion? free fortify plus adrenaline and stun immunity seems pretty good.
"
Kurnis a écrit :
Thoughts about running this build as champion? free fortify plus adrenaline and stun immunity seems pretty good.

Her Embrace gives stun immunity anyway, and fortify isn't that hard to maintain using whirling blades/leap slam. Imho Slayer>Champion for this build, and by far...
I´m probably going for this build.
What do you think of carnage heart? The leech per second increase seems hard to pass up, plus with vaal pact not instant anymore doesnt the % damage increase while leeching apply like almost all the time we are attacking?

seems hard to pass up.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires