[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Sorry can you tell me what unique sword for crit version ? i use voidforge !
"
Constermock a écrit :
I actually tried flicker this league but it had too many problems in the beginning and the build I was following from someone else wasn't that great. I used to play it a lot in older leagues. Yeah, I checked your gear and it looks like the only real changes are the terminus, crit rings, few gems, and of course the tree. I may give it a go and sell the axe if I end up liking it more. I'm still using my carcass jack as well so it'd be interesting to see how big the aoe is for me lol. I definitely don't have the extra curse daresso's though. Would you recommend assassin's mark or frostbite since I can't run both?

Flicker takes some time to feel good and it's mainly leveling up to get the passives all in place as well as getting the ascendancy. Raider has always felt the best to me for flicker because of the Frenzy + Onslaught ascendancy. It would be interesting to try berserker now with the blitz charges.

If you're liking the look of crit more you could definitely sell your ax off. Since I have a better version in standard I sold off my league one for 15ex. People are in a frenzy over these kind of two hand rare axes this league which is hilarious to me. It's always interesting to see the items that were dirt cheap in previous leagues that for whatever reason skyrocket in price the next.

As far as curses we were talking about flicker strike so I'm not sure which build you are asking for but I'll answer both heh. For flicker you'd want assassin's mark over frostbite and for crit version of my build it's actually fine to use either of them.

If you are taking advantage of herald of ice pops having assassin's mark + power charges will help that be a constant thing while clearing. For single target boss damage frostbite may edge assassin's mark out because you won't be generating any power charges on kill.

So having an assassin's mark-curse on hit-herald of ice setup and a cwdt-frostbite setup would cover both of those aspects. Could easily use assassin's mark for both or frostbite for both. I'd play around with it to see which one feels better for you but one vs the other isn't a massive difference.

"
raimer76 a écrit :
Sorry can you tell me what unique sword for crit version ? i use voidforge !

Terminus Est is great and can carry you very far. Voidforge is a great sword but because it rotates elements it really shines in a build that focuses less on a single elemental type and more into buffing all elemental types.
Dernière édition par Muirey, le 21 juin 2019 09:01:29
Update:
Love this build. Ended up going back to Ax from Sword with the RT setup. There was just better availability and drops for me with axes on my server. Haven't tried crit setup on that character as that may become very expensive to switch to. Muirey, without RT, do you notice a kill speed difference on bosses/groups? Or do you really feel crit is better?

For those looking for a chaos oriented option... I need to learn how to create one of these pages. (Anyone have a good guide?? please provide)

I've taken everything that I learned seemed to work well with this build and other cyclones' then applied it to a "Chaotic Vampire". A VP Saboteur Claw Cyclone
PROS:
More leeching
More radius (60% added aoe and +2 melee)
Extremely High DPS!!
Enemies blinded and cursed
High Evasion
Any hits actually taken are absorbed by constant leeching energy shield
CONS:
Less frozen enemies
Reflect, reflect, reflect! :(
^ Any ideas on dealing with that?
Dernière édition par ExpatJohnny, le 21 juin 2019 11:10:50
Should you have one prefix (fortify 20) and one suffix (eg. attackspeed) before you multimod? Or just one prefix with fortify with increased physical damage and no suffix?
Dernière édition par Emxper, le 21 juin 2019 11:24:21
"
ExpatJohnny a écrit :
Update:
Love this build. Ended up going back to Ax from Sword with the RT setup. There was just better availability and drops for me with axes on my server. Haven't tried crit setup on that character as that may become very expensive to switch to. Muirey, without RT, do you notice a kill speed difference on bosses/groups? Or do you really feel crit is better?

For those looking for a chaos oriented option... I need to learn how to create one of these pages. (Anyone have a good guide?? please provide)

I've taken everything that I learned seemed to work well with this build and other cyclones' then applied it to a "Chaotic Vampire". A VP Saboteur Claw Cyclone
PROS:
More leeching
More radius (60% added aoe and +2 melee)
Extremely High DPS!!
Enemies blinded and cursed
High Evasion
Any hits actually taken are absorbed by constant leeching energy shield
CONS:
Less frozen enemies
Reflect, reflect, reflect! :(
^ Any ideas on dealing with that?

There are pros/cons to RT vs Crit that maybe someone would like vs one or the other. I've played RT and Crit builds over various leagues and with cold damage especially 99% of things being frozen is a big boost to defense. You can achieve this with RT but it's a lot easier to achieve with crit.

Other than that they feel basically the same. I think the one thing that feels better with crit is that using herald of ice your clear feels smoother earlier with just using a terminus est. RT is more dependent on raw damage output which scales from passives/weapon vs herald of ice helping chip away at the health of packs.

So... I'd say crit starts to feel smoother quicker but they both end up feeling the same in the end. Visually crit is different because of herald of ice and audibly it is different with the constant shattering. RT is the quiet version ha.

As for a guide on making a guide, I would look at these two posts. Both of which I read over when I was deciding how I wanted to go about it. Shout out to eviL_Bison for making these 3 years ago to help out the community!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036160
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904137

Other than those the thing I did was look at other guides. For myself the guides that were setup how I setup my own were the ones that I found to be the easiest to find the information I was looking for and the easiest to quickly understand. Which hopefully I achieved with my own hahaha!

"
Emxper a écrit :
Should you have one prefix (fortify 20) and one suffix (eg. attackspeed) before you multimod? Or just one prefix with fortify with increased physical damage and no suffix?

If it is a high tier attack speed it's fine to have on to begin multi modding. The maximum you can craft is 20% increased attack speed. If you're suffix is equal to that or higher it's good. Also if it is the elder attack speed/attack speed on kill it is also good.

If it is attack speed tier range is lower than 20% then it's probably not worth having on there.

If you wouldn't mind linking the ax you are referring to I could say yay or nay easier. :D

Dernière édition par Muirey, le 21 juin 2019 11:45:50
"
Muirey a écrit :

"
Emxper a écrit :

If it is a high tier attack speed it's fine to have on to begin multi modding. The maximum you can craft is 20% increased attack speed. If you're suffix is equal to that or higher it's good. Also if it is the elder attack speed/attack speed on kill it is also good.

If it is attack speed tier range is lower than 20% then it's probably not worth having on there.

If you wouldn't mind linking the ax you are referring to I could say yay or nay easier. :D

This is what I have now, I guess I should Regal orb it and hope it hits one of the listed mods? Never crafted with this much currency so little nervous :)
Dernière édition par Emxper, le 21 juin 2019 11:55:56
"
Muirey a écrit :

There are pros/cons to RT vs Crit that maybe someone would like vs one or the other. I've played RT and Crit builds over various leagues and with cold damage especially 99% of things being frozen is a big boost to defense. You can achieve this with RT but it's a lot easier to achieve with crit.

Other than that they feel basically the same. I think the one thing that feels better with crit is that using herald of ice your clear feels smoother earlier with just using a terminus est. RT is more dependent on raw damage output which scales from passives/weapon vs herald of ice helping chip away at the health of packs.

So... I'd say crit starts to feel smoother quicker but they both end up feeling the same in the end. Visually crit is different because of herald of ice and audibly it is different with the constant shattering. RT is the quiet version ha.

As for a guide on making a guide, I would look at these two posts. Both of which I read over when I was deciding how I wanted to go about it. Shout out to eviL_Bison for making these 3 years ago to help out the community!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036160
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904137

Other than those the thing I did was look at other guides. For myself the guides that were setup how I setup my own were the ones that I found to be the easiest to find the information I was looking for and the easiest to quickly understand. Which hopefully I achieved with my own hahaha!

Thanks! I'll look over those. Yeah I liked your guide layout, and ideas.

Oh and yes, I started using herald of ice as my choice herald on the other build as well... I needed a herald linked to Decay and Void Manipulation to apply Decay on cyclone hits without needing it in my 5/6 link chest setup. Herald of ice is just satisfying!
"
Emxper a écrit :

This is what I have now, I guess I should Regal orb it and hope it hits one of the listed mods? Never crafted with this much currency so little nervous :)

Yes so you would use a regal orb on it and hope for one of the listed mods. If it doesn't hit a good mod then you need to annul off the bad mod. Good Luck :D
"
Muirey a écrit :
"
Emxper a écrit :

Yes so you would use a regal orb on it and hope for one of the listed mods. If it doesn't hit a good mod then you need to annul off the bad mod. Good Luck :D

Check to make sure you don't have the Imprint beast recipe. Worth quite a bit, but ups your odds a good bit in case of failing.

Imprint Wiki
Dernière édition par blackdeath101, le 21 juin 2019 16:38:22
I did some playing around with crit ax yesterday and while it felt probably exactly how non terminus est crit sword would feel... man it's hard to give up terminus est frenzy generation + movement speed. It just feels so god damn good!

I'm doing t14s now with 3.5k HP and it's been a joke honestly. There are some random shotgunning deaths from Legion rares but everything else is just stupidly easy. To help with the legion rares I've been trying out the different banners now that I have a lvl 3 enlighten. Dread Banner giving increased fortify effect is actually really nice to help mitigate the damage.

I'm also going to try out Blood and Sand / Flesh and stone. I may JUST have enough mana with lvl 3 enlighten to run flesh and stone comfortably. We'll see!

Dernière édition par Muirey, le 22 juin 2019 15:16:07

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires