[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

"
_TacTac_ a écrit :
"
danabower05 a écrit :
I love this build! I have been playing POE since beta and I have yet to take a build to shaper and I feel this one has potential to do it. I just wanted to hope on here and see if I can get any tips on my gear/build/gem/jewel setup and if there are any big changes I can make. I think I have the ability to take on the high tier bosses I just don't know the fights. Any tips for atziri and uber atziri? Any flask setup changes? I died a few times to the last boss there on normal. Thanks.
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :
So glad to see this switch to slayer so i have something to look at now! I've done everything this league except ripping to uber atziri due to computer failure. Took the advice and switched from prismatic to a claw i crafted myself and damage increase was huge, can't wait to try it on shaper again! I might try and 6l a brass dome to give that a go, but the belly has been nice to me this league.

Edit: also can claw be shaper or elder?

Guys about those claws do not craft anything but extra damage on it. I saw you crafted attack speed or flat physique which is useless.
Sunder only use your main weapon as damage source, hence any additional phy or attack speed on offhand is useless because not used.
The OP used a princess pre 3.1 because it had 30% phy to cold. now with 3.1 you have elder and shaper weapons to use with extra phy to elem mods.

About elder or shaper weapons if you want to craft IIRC shaper has more extra mods than elder.

Please do not follow blindly build and think about what are your options ! OP thought of someting that is super nice and its our job to enhance it !

Thanks for the input, but because we can't craft extra phys as %, is the only damage craft wed? or none at all?
"
_TacTac_ a écrit :
"
danabower05 a écrit :
I love this build! I have been playing POE since beta and I have yet to take a build to shaper and I feel this one has potential to do it. I just wanted to hope on here and see if I can get any tips on my gear/build/gem/jewel setup and if there are any big changes I can make. I think I have the ability to take on the high tier bosses I just don't know the fights. Any tips for atziri and uber atziri? Any flask setup changes? I died a few times to the last boss there on normal. Thanks.
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :
So glad to see this switch to slayer so i have something to look at now! I've done everything this league except ripping to uber atziri due to computer failure. Took the advice and switched from prismatic to a claw i crafted myself and damage increase was huge, can't wait to try it on shaper again! I might try and 6l a brass dome to give that a go, but the belly has been nice to me this league.

Guys about those claws do not craft anything but extra damage on it. I saw you crafted attack speed or flat physique which is useless.
Sunder only use your main weapon as damage source, hence any additional phy or attack speed on offhand is useless because not used.
The OP used a princess pre 3.1 because it had 30% phy to cold. now with 3.1 you have elder and shaper weapons to use with extra phy to elem mods.

About elder or shaper weapons if you want to craft IIRC shaper has more extra mods than elder.

Please do not follow blindly build and think about what are your options ! OP thought of someting that is super nice and its our job to enhance it !

The reason mine has attack speed on it because I bought it with it on there and I assumed there were no other mods that could add anything to the build. I just kept it there because it was a good roll if I wanted it for other builds because it has a really high phys to element damage.
Dernière édition par danabower05, le 6 janv. 2018 10:35:12
"
LividOrange1 a écrit :
Hi, used to play this game for a bit years ago and I've come back now. I've been enjoying myself with a Contagion/ED for a bit, and this has been my second build so far and I'm loving it. Now, I've got a couple of questions regarding my gear and build and what I should do to progress from here, as I'm still learning how this game works (lol) and what the priorities for this build are.

Spoiler

Pretty much all of the info I can give is in the spoiler above, and is what I'm using right now. I'll point out the obvious one that I need more life myself (3.6k at level 82 seems a bit on the low side).
Also still need to do merc and uber lab, never done uber so that's kind of scary at the moment. But yeah, how to improve at this point?

And then some other questions:
-Hatred, AA, HoA is all around level 13, and Conc effect is only 5 because of the lack of INT, is this normal?

-If I wanted to upgrade my main and offhand weapon, what should I look for to get more DPS? How does the damage scale and what prefixes/affixes are important for that? (like I said, still trying to learn)

Anyways, it's been a pretty long post already so this'll be all for now haha, thank you soo much for the guide, I'm loving it really!

I'll try to answer to those question :)

1-You should not be lacking that much about intel, but if you do you might want to swap some gear like your amu to a carnage heart or just take a +30 node.
In my opinion you should drop your gloves too to get some life and switch to poachers + blashphemy to generate frenzy. Power charges do nothing to you as we are Resolute technique.

2-Main hand, just check a better rolled soul taker nothing more possible, unless you find a super GG axe that makes you drop an aura to have some mana. For off hand look out for shaper claw/swords with gain X% of phy damage as (chaos/fire/cold/lighning or a random element). This is a flat more damage for your sunder attacks. Do not look out for attack speed damage node on it as you will not hit with it (sunder only use mace or axe + use only main hand). Culling strike on the off hand will only work on your totem :)

I guess that's it :)
"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :
"
_TacTac_ a écrit :
"
danabower05 a écrit :
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :

Thanks for the input, but because we can't craft extra phys as %, is the only damage craft wed? or none at all?

tbh honest not sure about WED craft, as for myself i crafted a resist on it or you might want to craft int to upgrade another item :)
"
Xcise a écrit :
"
LTHobo a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm currently at 4k hp and 37K DPS in hideout with golem. Having trouble doing anything above T3 map bosses because I'm constantly running out of mana/hp pots or get burst down. Am I missing anything? Thanks for the guide too.

Doesn't look like you're following the build.

Gem links are different, offhand is different. Seems like you're trying to boost your tooltip DPS, but your actualy DPS is suffering because the tooltip DPS is lying.

Also, without soul taker, you need mana leech, so you'll have to run warlord's mark or get mana leech on jewellery/gloves. (i used slitherpinch to level)

Furthermore, if you are having trouble with tier 3 bosses, you need to be leap slamming more with blood magic and dodging attacks to sustain mana.
"
iAnthraX a écrit :
Spoiler
Hey Xcise, thank you for sharing this build.

This is my first character in poe, I'm new to this game.
I just want to ask you, if you wouldn't mind looking at my build/gears, are they decent ?
Moreover, is it possible for me to run Hematophagy and Splitting strike for the max life leech instead of going into Charisma, coordination and sleight of hand area ??

Hope to hear from you soon. :)
I don't have my passive node names memorised, but I think that the passive tree is pretty set in stone at the moment.
"
oldmunchi a écrit :
Spoiler
multistrike is ruining full key runs on lab. resulting in 2 less keys. im going to just put faster attacks in i guess but would be cool to know what your opinion on what to use would be
More DPS, more HP and more facetanking away from the things that get killed, like portals/lieutenants/essences. If you kill the boss fast enough and away from the essences, they won't get aggro'd in time.

Thx for the feedback. I just upgraded to a soul taker and it's a lot better, getting to T9 bosses now. If tooltip DPS is lying, what's the best way to monitor my actual DPS? Also for a offhand claw, the only thing I should look out for is the phys damage range and % phys dmg increase? Flat phys and attack speed aren't helpful for increase sunder dps? Thanks for the continuous help.
"
memberx a écrit :
Spoiler
My latest upgrades (6l Brass dome - 620c and claw - 80c)

Doing Ulab with one hand... Had no problems up to t13, don't have any higher maps... I fucked my Atlas...

Still trying to get good enchant on helmet, 50 ulab runs and all crap...

Looking good.

Having a shaped atlas is nice, especially for cardboard computers that can't load too many maps before it crashes. If you have a good computer, having a fully unlocked or half-shaped atlas is fine.
"
mickeymicky a écrit :
Spoiler
Why do you use temp steel vs shaper? I just PoB your build with the claw you use vs temp steel and you lose a lot of dps, or does PoB doesn't know how to calculate elemental penetration?
Check my character, I recommend tempestuous steel as a cheap option, but shaper offhand is best (sceptre for DPS, claw for lgoh)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xcise/characters
"
ethaniw a écrit :
Spoiler
New player here (Abyss first season) and I was wondering if it would be possible to Oni-Goroshi this build as a league starter - possibly for next league?

Basically, the idea would be to farm that weapon up and then use it to level / have a 6L until I could afford some of the 6L chest piece as I am not too familiar with the game and it seems like an easy starter-helper.
Sure. Although, the APS is 1.45, which is pretty slow. I'd recommend a rare weapon with tabula before you get a soul taker then brass dome.
"
billski82 a écrit :
Spoiler
"
zelihood a écrit :

Second, remove your Maim support linked with Herald of Ash, you will save some mana in the process.

Thanks for the tips, but why do we need to save mana? The build revolves around soul taker, so mana is irrelevant except when reserving for auras.

@OP - Thanks for the tips, this build is so much fun!
Having maim/removing it won't change HoA. Only some supports like empower/enhance/enlighten/conc. effect will change the mana multiplier.
"
Martingale7 a écrit :
Spoiler
Nope, I ended up using all my portals before I could manage to kill Chimera.

I switched my life flask as per your recommendation, hopefully it makes a difference.

Is it possible that my leech is insufficient? I noticed you crafted life leech on your gloves, which is a stat that my gear is entirely missing. When I try to facetank bosses, I usually can survive a big hit but after that my life doesn't recover fast enough to survive the next one.

Thanks again for all your help
I don't have life leech on my claws anymore. I found out that the stat is local. I'm not even sure lgoh on claws work properly. Atm, I have WED on it. With your items and stats, you should have no problem dealing with chimera, and should be able to facetank him with a seething flask (use seething when he uses the channeling flying skill. My advice is:

1) Run easier maps. More life, more attack speed, more damage, etc. will make it harder. Try running a white/blue map if you are having that much trouble. You'll still make good profit from frag + map drops (a single chimera map drop will likely give you double the returns)
2) More DPS (better offhand, weapon, rings, amulets, etc.
3) Practise some runs on izaro and dodge everything. If you can dodge all izaro hits, then you should be able to dodge all chimera hits.
"
phil00 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hello,

How can I run the 3 auras (Artic armour, Herald of ash and Hatred) and the curse with Contagion (Warlord's Mark) at the same time?

I'm level 86, I have 2 Enlighten level 4 and they are linked to Arctic Armour, Hatred and Warlord's Mark, like on the Gem links section of the guide, and I have the Charisma and Reduced Mana Reservation skills, but i'm still missing some mana...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/phil00/characters?characterName=BlablablaCharlPhillip

Thanks
You can only run 3 auras. Atm, I'm using HoA, hatred and poacher's.
"
danabower05 a écrit :
Spoiler
Spoiler
Practise on normal atzir a tonne before you do uber. It'll be easier. Build isn't good for uber, you one-shot yourself from multistrike. I don't recommend running uber, although it's possible. Shaper/elder is easy though.
"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :
Spoiler

Shaper only. Also, try sceptre with 6% ele pen or 40% ele dmg for more dmg.
"
_TacTac_ a écrit :
Spoiler
"
danabower05 a écrit :
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :

Very true. Check current gear for the most updated versions for item/passive tree.
"
LividOrange1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi, used to play this game for a bit years ago and I've come back now. I've been enjoying myself with a Contagion/ED for a bit, and this has been my second build so far and I'm loving it. Now, I've got a couple of questions regarding my gear and build and what I should do to progress from here, as I'm still learning how this game works (lol) and what the priorities for this build are.

Spoiler

Pretty much all of the info I can give is in the spoiler above, and is what I'm using right now. I'll point out the obvious one that I need more life myself (3.6k at level 82 seems a bit on the low side).
Also still need to do merc and uber lab, never done uber so that's kind of scary at the moment. But yeah, how to improve at this point?

And then some other questions:
-Hatred, AA, HoA is all around level 13, and Conc effect is only 5 because of the lack of INT, is this normal?

-If I wanted to upgrade my main and offhand weapon, what should I look for to get more DPS? How does the damage scale and what prefixes/affixes are important for that? (like I said, still trying to learn)

Anyways, it's been a pretty long post already so this'll be all for now haha, thank you soo much for the guide, I'm loving it really!

Yes, you need int on gear and more levels to get the int nodes on the passive tree.

Looks like you're doing well for yourself, keep levelling and upgrading your gear. Check my current gear for gear inspirations.
"
Wirowmaker a écrit :
Spoiler
Hello again Xcise!

I want show you my way actually what I do... and have got some questions,

First my gear:

Running on Herald of Ash, Hatred, Warlord's mark (using ascernal protector) blood rage etc.
Have ony 6 Frenzies 3 endurances.
Yes yes I know insanity gloves... I don't using them because need become more tanky it's better for me and more comfortable.
And belt of Deciver is low ... for me too damage changing only 1000 dps + lowing my resists like a boss under critical border 75% ... I have no choice actually to change my belt.

OK now I want ask you how did you survive spike monster wave? ... while they dying - shotinging spikes and with my gear with 10k armor 5,5k life dying instantly like "on one shot"
How to survive this sh1t? I dying from spikes only ... always suprised by insta death ... it's annoying! on lvl 90+
1) Try poacher's mark, it's better for reflect/lgoh/flask uptime
2) Get more res+life on jewels, then craft insanity gloves
3) Belt is fine, I'm using a cheap stygian myself with low res before I get my headhunter.
4) Switch doedre's with writhing jar(cheap) or taste of hate(luxury)
5) Switch basalt flask with 23+% chemist's basalt flask of warding
5) I'm assuming you're talking about porcupines. Use immortal call. Check my profile for my current gem links.
6) Get more life.
"
Liodene a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi,

Quick noob question: why do you choose Belt of the deceiver over The magnate?

The magnate has more physical damage, more strength and more elemental resistances. Is the reduced critical strike damage that useful, knowing that it's redundant with Brass Dome's passive? Or is it the intimidation?
I use belt of the deceiver for 10% more damage(intimidation), but currently I'm using a rare belt.
"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :
Spoiler
"
_TacTac_ a écrit :
"
danabower05 a écrit :
Spoiler

"
Anus_Smasher a écrit :

WED/RES/INT/STR are the ones I'm crafting atm.
"
LTHobo a écrit :
Spoiler
"
Xcise a écrit :
"
LTHobo a écrit :
Spoiler
I'm currently at 4k hp and 37K DPS in hideout with golem. Having trouble doing anything above T3 map bosses because I'm constantly running out of mana/hp pots or get burst down. Am I missing anything? Thanks for the guide too.

Doesn't look like you're following the build.

Gem links are different, offhand is different. Seems like you're trying to boost your tooltip DPS, but your actualy DPS is suffering because the tooltip DPS is lying.

Also, without soul taker, you need mana leech, so you'll have to run warlord's mark or get mana leech on jewellery/gloves. (i used slitherpinch to level)

Furthermore, if you are having trouble with tier 3 bosses, you need to be leap slamming more with blood magic and dodging attacks to sustain mana.
"
iAnthraX a écrit :
Spoiler
Hey Xcise, thank you for sharing this build.

This is my first character in poe, I'm new to this game.
I just want to ask you, if you wouldn't mind looking at my build/gears, are they decent ?
Moreover, is it possible for me to run Hematophagy and Splitting strike for the max life leech instead of going into Charisma, coordination and sleight of hand area ??

Hope to hear from you soon. :)
I don't have my passive node names memorised, but I think that the passive tree is pretty set in stone at the moment.
"
oldmunchi a écrit :
Spoiler
multistrike is ruining full key runs on lab. resulting in 2 less keys. im going to just put faster attacks in i guess but would be cool to know what your opinion on what to use would be
More DPS, more HP and more facetanking away from the things that get killed, like portals/lieutenants/essences. If you kill the boss fast enough and away from the essences, they won't get aggro'd in time.

Thx for the feedback. I just upgraded to a soul taker and it's a lot better, getting to T9 bosses now. If tooltip DPS is lying, what's the best way to monitor my actual DPS? Also for a offhand claw, the only thing I should look out for is the phys damage range and % phys dmg increase? Flat phys and attack speed aren't helpful for increase sunder dps? Thanks for the continuous help.
1) Path of building.
2) Damage on the offhand doesn't do anything, you want global mods on your offhand, like phys damage gained as ele, int, res, wed, area damage, etc.

Or just use the tempestuous steel/the princess for 30% phys gained as ele.
Dernière édition par Xcise, le 7 janv. 2018 04:11:48
Reckon Watcher's Eye would be decent with Phys to Cold while using Hatred?
"
Mydargo a écrit :
Reckon Watcher's Eye would be decent with Phys to Cold while using Hatred?

You dont want to convert phys as all your damage scale on phys :)

I would rather play anger with that sweet more damage mod:Gain (15-25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage while affected by Anger
Has anyone tried using an ammy like this?
I'm having huge success with it.
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
I Love this build, but i need hours to kill t12/13 bosses and sometimes die instantly :(

what would be the best and biggest upgrade. Life or DPS? life is at 5.4k

Dernière édition par Saufkopp, le 8 janv. 2018 13:39:51

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires