[3.1] Quill Poison Raider | ALL map mods | Fast | "Tanky" | 3M DPS | Facetank | 100+ arrows/second

Another thing I wanted to point out is that instead of using rare amulets with +chaos damage and %chaos damage u can use :

It can roll up to 8% maximum life + u can get a +1frenzy corruption alot easier on it. AND it provides A LOT of damage even with just frenzy charges up.

What I personally do is use
for mapping and swap to maligaros for tough bosses.
I like the idea of this build and am trying to make it work in HC. However, i am having a hard time leveling this build. I thought the poison damage is based of a the initial physical hit, so if you are hitting with a bow that only hits for 50 the poison is only a % of that? Or am i wrong?

I also tried two Mortem Morsu claws with a cyclone setup and that was a bunch of fun, lots of instant life and mana easily sustained cyclone. However those claws have the same issue that the initial hit is just too low.
Dernière édition par Exray, le 9 oct. 2017 10:53:39
"
Exray a écrit :
I like the idea of this build and am trying to make it work in HC. However, i am having a hard time leveling this build. I thought the poison damage is based of a the initial physical hit, so if you are hitting with a bow that only hits for 50 the poison is only a % of that? Or am i wrong?

Poison is no longer based on the initial hit since 3.0.

That is what makes this build work. All those less modifiers like Quill rain's 40% less ,gmp and chain no longer affect poison , only the inialal hit.

Basicly poison ( and ignite aswell) are calculated completely seperate from the initial hit.
Dernière édition par Ulysses55, le 9 oct. 2017 11:01:16
"
Ulysses55 a écrit :
"
Exray a écrit :

Poison is no longer based on the initial hit since 3.0.

That is what makes this build work. All those less modifiers like Quill rain's 40% less ,gmp and chain no longer affect poison , only the inialal hit.

Basicly poison ( and ignite aswell) are calculated completely seperate from the initial hit.

Well now that makes sense but wouldn't this build work much better with a Shadow trickster since it offers a lot more damage overtime options?
Actually doing some more research poison is definitely scaled base on the physical damage of the weapon. Here is a link to another similar build where the guy states this and is using a high physical bow. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956844

On top of that if you change your weapon around to a high physical you can go under the tooltip and see that the poison DPS goes up significantly over the quill rain bow. There is a reason no one else is using this bow to apply poison dots, it just simply does not work.
Dernière édition par Exray, le 9 oct. 2017 12:06:56
"
Exray a écrit :
Actually doing some more research poison is definitely scaled base on the physical damage of the weapon. Here is a link to another similar build where the guy states this and is using a high physical bow. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956844

On top of that if you change your weapon around to a high physical you can go under the tooltip and see that the poison DPS goes up significantly over the quill rain bow. There is a reason no one else is using this bow to apply poison dots, it just simply does not work.

Yes it is true, poison scales with physical damage, however it also scales with Chaos Damage and Attack Speed as well. Quill rain offers the highest possible attack speed for a bow. Stacking poison increases the damage you deal. This build primarily scales of added chaos damage on poison damage modifiers while stacking multiple poisons.

If you use a physical bow such as a lioneye's your DPS will go up a bit, however you lose the synergy you get from quill raina and theifs torment. Clearly this build works properly with a quill rain and you can see that by my positive results.
IGN - Imgur
"
Exray a écrit :

I think u misunderstood what I said, let me explain.

Poison damage is comletely seperate calculation that is NOT effected by the less modifier of qull rain or gmp or chain.

How ever quill rain still has very low physical dps so baseline the poison it will apply is low.

BUT this build doesn't care about the quill rains dps MOST of the damage comes from the added chaos damage gem ( which is why I definatly recoment getting a corrupted lvl 21 added chaos damage gem).

We scale this chaos damage with the insane attack speed of quill rain , that is all we need this bow for. The actual dps on it is almost irrelevent.

Just to give u some numbers : in path of building my dps against shaper goes from 1.5 million to just 300k if i remove the added chaos damage gem.
Dernière édition par Ulysses55, le 9 oct. 2017 18:54:20
Tried to create a lightning version of this build with Vuulkur's Guidance which basically allows your lightning damage to poison but poison duration is cut by half, since it can stack lightning damage from wrath, herald of thunder, amulet and boot enchant, the damage per poison is 200% more compared to chaos damage. Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/91GAeGkG

Shaper DPS Min maxed is 2.2m , and obviously trash die almost 3 times faster, and you dont need to stack 400 poisons to actually do some damage to bosses.

life with good life gear and life helmet/boots is almost 6k.

¿What do you think? (sorry for my horrible english) .
Dernière édition par relatedgore, le 12 oct. 2017 03:49:33
"
relatedgore a écrit :
Tried to create a lightning version of this build with Vuulkur's Guidance which basically allows your lightning damage to poison but poison duration is cut by half, since it can stack lightning damage from wrath, herald of thunder, amulet and boot enchant, the damage per poison is 200% more compared to chaos damage. Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/91GAeGkG

Shaper DPS Min maxed is 2.2m , and obviously trash die almost 3 times faster, and you dont need to stack 400 poisons to actually do some damage to bosses.

life with good life gear and life helmet/boots is almost 6k.

¿What do you think? (sorry for my horrible english) .

I'm not the OP, but I can tell you the damage is definitely higher, shaper DPS is about 700k higher. I can also say that it's a little less tanky, since the OP's build uses MoM, so you gain the life and mana gain of Thief's as kind of a dual heal. It's basically a slightly more DPS version that uses a bit of a unique mechanic.

I'd be interested to see what the OP says, but that's my take looking at it.

God i try so hard for make this set ! its took 2 week for me ..
İ was trying diffrent builds like nearly 10 for a facetank easy concept maker !!
i cant wait to see try how good this build is leveling atm 28 ^^
I wil llet u know guys about my opinion about build :P
Thank you for sharing with us this good unique build @Madbeats

And what is boss setupd ?
are we really using CHAİN on boss ?
And I forgat to ask; HOW WE DEALİNG WİTH STUN ?
We cant pick unwave passife because we get DODGE ATTACKS passif acrobat ..
and thats meanless together
Dernière édition par lossforce, le 15 oct. 2017 10:00:37

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires