3.1 SSF DW Sunder Bleed Slayer\Gladiator - From Hillock to Shaper on a Tabula

"
southcabeza a écrit :
will you update the build for the new slayer changes?

Probably, might take a while tho.

At the moment I think Champion looks really strong so it might be a good option.
Also expecting good things from the Gladiator rework. At the moment I feel Gladiator is a bit lackluster compared to Slayer, but expecting it to maybe be more specialized towards dual wielding and bleed.

Might not be a Slayer anymore after the patch.

I did upgrade my Soul Taker to Kingmaker to try out 2H Cyclone for a while so currently I don't have a good axe, but I'll see what I can put together.
Dernière édition par 7thDayTheory, le 26 févr. 2018 12:19:13
thanks for answer, i just started a duelist and farmed an oni goroshi today, so I wonder how well your bleed buil could be with it. giving that beside a tabula rasa oni is my only 6 link.
Dernière édition par southcabeza, le 26 févr. 2018 13:49:58
"
southcabeza a écrit :
thanks for answer, i just started a duelist and farmed an oni goroshi today, so I wonder how well your bleed buil could be with it. giving that beside a tabula rasa oni is my only 6 link.

I'm playing SSF and probably never gonna bother farming myself an Oni-Goroshi. However I think it might be pretty bad for this build, considering it's a Sunder build and Oni-Goroshi is a sword (which can't use Sunder) :D
haha you're right, my mistake, i guess i'll use the those same sword and axe you have.
Are there any changes in the patch 3.2?
May be any of the two ascendancy class became better?
The build is unchanged for 3.2. Gear, passives and gems remains unchanged.

Slayer is still as strong as it was pre-patch.

However, Champion have been buffed and should at this point provide more damage. The Slayer provides a very comfortable playstyle with its overleech mechanic.

For Champion there are two options.

Option 1:
1. Unstoppable Hero
2. Conqueror
3. Worthy Foe
4. First to Strike, Last to Fall

This option provides the most damage possible, and also opens up for going crit. If you choose to go for crit, it becomes another build as some critmulti nodes etc. should be picked up as well. I might explore this option further and post an update. Or you can go this route and just take it as an overall buff to the original build without specializing in crit.

Option 2:
1. Unstoppable Hero
2. First to Strike, Last to Fall
3. Fortitude
4. Conqueror or Inspirational

With this option you get permanent fortify and keep Resolute Technique in the tree. No changes to the passive tree. An overall buff to the build. Permanent fortify helps when you take unexpected damage, which is what usually gets you killed.

I really should update this build, but I'm so busy with work that when I'm home, I'd rather play than actually write :D Nothing has really changed, so there's no real need for me to update it.
"
7thDayTheory a écrit :

However, Champion have been buffed and should at this point provide more damage. The Slayer provides a very comfortable playstyle with its overleech mechanic.

Between Gladiator, Slayer and Champion, which one do you think will provide, when well geared, the safest and smooth gameplay against foes like Sharper, Guardians and Elder?

I'm following your build and sometimes i feel like I want to change the ascendency to Champion (really liked the changes) or Gladiator due to Slayer two-handed bonus, which gives me the feeling that I'm playing the game in a wrong way, but the overleech mechanic, which i feel is so good, keep me as an Slayer.

Do you think that i will have a hard time against high level content if I change the ascendancy?
So guys this build actual in 3.2 with gladiator ascendancy? ? and what nodes in asc i need to pick ? Hope some one can tell me :) ty ) ill wait )
Dernière édition par yanepro, le 15 mars 2018 07:10:08
"
L1ev a écrit :
"
7thDayTheory a écrit :

Between Gladiator, Slayer and Champion, which one do you think will provide, when well geared, the safest and smooth gameplay against foes like Sharper, Guardians and Elder?

I'm following your build and sometimes i feel like I want to change the ascendency to Champion (really liked the changes) or Gladiator due to Slayer two-handed bonus, which gives me the feeling that I'm playing the game in a wrong way, but the overleech mechanic, which i feel is so good, keep me as an Slayer.

Do you think that i will have a hard time against high level content if I change the ascendancy?

This is a difficult question to answer, as they have different pro's and con's and strongly depend on gear choices.

In my opinion, the only thing Slayer actually has going for it right now, are the overleech mechanic. It provides a very safe and comfortable playstyle which is not to be underestimated.

Champion are really strong at the moment and provides major offensive and defensive bonuses. This is in my opinion THE strongest ascendancy option. However, if you are wearing Tombfist for example, the free intimidate from First to Strike, Last to Fall are void and the adrenaline bonus itself are not in effect that often unless you take some effort to activate it. Likewise, if you're not opting to go crit, the 100% chance to hit on taunted enemies only saves you one point on the tree. You are still left with strong defensive bonuses tho.

With optimized gear I believe Champion is by far the strongest choice. This includes getting cull on a weapon or linking it on your totem, Whirling Blades, Enduring Cry etc. Increased leech rate on elder(?) amulets are also a major quality of life.

But as you mention yourself, the overleech mechanic that Slayer has is not to be underestimated and are very helpfull in dealing with degeneration effects, such as Shapers vortexes and when you are locked in place and degenerating on the Elder fight. In general I think Slayer is better than Champion if you are not familiar with an end-game boss.

With optimized gear it shouldnt really matter what you pick. With Slayer you can pretty much put on any piece of gear and you will get the full benefit of the ascendancy. Champion requires more thought and customization to get the most of it. Both are strong choices and depends on gear, playstyle and preferences.

I believe Gladiator are inferior to these two choices and will not go into detail.
Dernière édition par 7thDayTheory, le 16 mars 2018 11:27:06
"
yanepro a écrit :
So guys this build actual in 3.2 with gladiator ascendancy? ? and what nodes in asc i need to pick ? Hope some one can tell me :) ty ) ill wait )

Sorry for the late reply.

For Gladiator I would take the specialization points in the following order:
1. Blood in the eyes - Bleed, Blind and Maim are great. Very strong node
2. Gratuitous Violence - More bleedchance to free up gearslots\passive points, EXPLOSIONS! :D
3. Painforged - Meh, you need it to get 100% of blockchance applied to spells
4. Versatile Combat - Blockchance now also applies to spells.

We do no longer take Outmatch and Outlast. Sunder only attacking with mainhand results in us only utilizing half of the node. We compensate for this by using Blood Rage instead to gain Frenzy charges as Gladiator. Main reason for not taking this node anymore is that Gratuitous Violence have moved and the explosions and spellblock takes priority, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires