[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

"
SNIPEROONIE a écrit :
From the character sheet it looks like you swapped back to ice crash. Did Infernal Blow end up falling behind as you leveled? Super interested in playing the build and the mechanics behind Infernal sounded interesting.

Yep, I swaped back to Ice crash, I realised after some tests that infernal blow is not really good, it's pretty good to kill packs, but you will struggle on single mobs and bosses.
And to maximize the skill you need to have a huge attack speed, and being unarmed doesn't really fit with that.

But I think a build can be made with it, I have some ideas to make it work and still be tanky like this build: a good 1H weapon with a shaper claw offhand to use as a "stat-stick" (a claw so only the main weapon will count for the dps). And since you are dual wielding, you can keep this ascendency and build around the ranger & shadow instead of the templar to get some dual-wielding block nodes and elemental dps.

"
Drfuzzylogic a écrit :
How do you lads go about crafting the shield, alch + scour spam and pray or alt spam till you get 2 particular mods then regal? If alt spam what mods am i looking for before the regal? If alch spam kill me now im going to bankrupt my self making it :D

I just bought it, like I did in every league. I think I bought it for 4 or 5c, it's not that expensive to get :)

"
KAISERpl a écrit :
hi herald of ash + hatred + artctic armor ??
icecrash+elem dam.+ mele phy. + elemen. focus+ cold pen.+conc. efect ?

Yep, and yep. The 3 auras are possible only if you get shaper shield with 10% reduced mana reserved.

"
Drfuzzylogic a écrit :
Any reason your not suggesting loreweave? With the flat phys and % ele damage is it not worth using? Is it the lack of armour turning you away from it?

If I remove the rare chest, I lose too much resists & armor, and some life too. Not sure you will be able to get the resists on the rest of your stuff without giving up on some DPS stats, on your rings for example, you won't be able to get "elemental damage with attacks" since it will take a resist slot. I think it's a very late game choice, it's really hard to equip around it for this build.
You just broke my heart :( it was the expected answer but finding a shield like that on hc this league is going to be a long long wait.
"
Drfuzzylogic a écrit :
You just broke my heart :( it was the expected answer but finding a shield like that on hc this league is going to be a long long wait.

As someone already said, I started this build with The great old one's ward unique shield, it gives you the best DPS. Just forget about Herald of Ash for now and use it :) You won't sustain your frenzy charges on bosses but its not that bad :)
How do you keep your Mana up? I don't see any Mana leech on tree or gear.
personal feedback on the build
my experience so far

pros:
fun and fresh experience (in my own opinion, ice crash is slow but hits like a truck - this makes it epic)
godly damage when leveling
decent damage when mapping
switch deidbell and you still have decent dmg (i had to, to finish merc lab)
high life and life regen
good movement (blood magic support + shield charge + faster attacks + fortify)
easy to gear mid league?

cons:
block reliant but durable
you are durable but dont slack
if you slack you ded

added a google drive image of how fun it is
Which Bandit are we supposed to get? The forum post said Oak. But the Path of Builder shows 2 skill points from killing them all.
"
Maximum_Newbage a écrit :
Which Bandit are we supposed to get? The forum post said Oak. But the Path of Builder shows 2 skill points from killing them all.

i went for oak as the post says, it provides regen and more dmg thx to 10% global phys dmg
"
Maximum_Newbage a écrit :
How do you keep your Mana up? I don't see any Mana leech on tree or gear.

There is mana leech near the Iron reflexes nodes :)
Enjoying the build so far. Working toward the watcher's eye and better accessories. Thanks for your work on the guide!

With 3.3 making ice crash work with multistrike how good of a link is that?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires