[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
Dofolo a écrit :
Been working my way up this build after having played the trickster variant in 3.5 (or 3.4? not sure anymore).

Having most of the chaos and dot nodes already, working on the ES nodes now to go CI in a couple of levels.

Currently leveling with bane with a 2 curse setup + increased area in just a 4 link and everything just melts ... with rares taking a second or 1.5 compared to near instant death for everything else.

Running a totem with soulrend, which basically is a life saver starting memory nodes.

Thinking I will keep the bane, and go for a bane in 6L staff together with a death's oath, we'll see.

Edit: put my build into pathofbuilding and stuck in a death's oath, with same lvl gems as my 4L bane. ... about 10% less DPS :/

The damage is going to be a little skewed from what we're used to because 50% increased chaos damage taken is possibly a little more damage compared to the aura itself doing 25% more damage. However you can increases this by a little more with infused channel-blight

As for Bane, I'm also currently running a 2 curse setup (got a doedre ring drop) but I have it linked with controlled destruction too. I ended up getting the 3 curse points by CI because it gives a very large increase to radius.

I didn't consider soulrend on a totem. I've been using it with Unleash to watch my pretties fly in all directions.
3.6 pob done?
"
duabijitelur a écrit :
3.6 pob done?

Technically yes, it's the theoretical tree. Won't know how well it feels until I get some actual play time in. works been killing me
I am able to play malevolence on my righteous fire build and like it, so I decided to try to shoehorn that skill into my current death aura build.

I had to drop enfeeble down to a cast when damage taken instead of having it as an aura. Not sure how I will like that yet.

Anyway, now I can have death aura, blight, soulrend (totem), and decay all active on an enemy with despair and malevolence buffing all those.

Damage numbers in PoB are not as high as my RF build, but this one feels faster on most things for some reason. Could be PoB isn't analyzing this one correctly, not sure.

The patch notes said we'd get a boost to death aura damage (25%), but I'm not sure that's factored in. When I compare a PoB screenshot of damage from the old build with the new one (absent malevolence), the numbers are about the same. Somethings not right.

Anyway going to test it for a while and level these new gems. If losing enfeeble aura doesn't make it too squishy, I'll probably play it this way.

edit: I was able to get some better rings and now am back to despair and enfeeble on blasphemy helm, and also malevolence and discipline auras with mana to spare for blight channeling. I added efficacy and decay to the soulrend totem (hope that works), so it should have more punch.
Dernière édition par shrunn57, le 15 mars 2019 10:59:49
So, can you remove the old Passive trees from the build? I've been following the level 45 tree and just hit a point where the old 3.4 tree does not match the tree in 3.6.My fault for not noticing sooner the difference between the trees. New to PoE. Not nearly enough respec points to fix it. Going to have to restart and make a new character to get it corrected.

I appreciate the build though. Wanted something where I could run around with just some kind of "killer aura" and your post was recommended to me.
Dernière édition par TheAngryRogue, le 15 mars 2019 21:16:09
"
TheAngryRogue a écrit :
So, can you remove the old Passive trees from the build? I've been following the level 45 tree and just hit a point where the old 3.4 tree does not match the tree in 3.6.My fault for not noticing sooner the difference between the trees. New to PoE. Not nearly enough respec points to fix it. Going to have to restart and make a new character to get it corrected.

I appreciate the build though. Wanted something where I could run around with just some kind of "killer aura" and your post was recommended to me.

Absolutely! I'm really sorry I forgot to edit the other trees and just went straight to a level 100 ci tree. (If you go for the Chaos Multi first though you should be good)

I'll have to do this at a later time, I'm mainly at work more than home.

[Edit] I have corrected the skill trees to reflect 3.6 skill trees! The points might be a little under what you'll have by the suggested level.
Dernière édition par FlasherCatcher, le 16 mars 2019 04:09:35
No worries and thank you!

Question: I can't seem to get the STR requirement using any of your builds and the new tree for 3.6. You have 34 STR without items, meaning you need 146 STR from items just to wear the death's oath. Am I missing something or am I going to need to focus all of my gear on DEX and STR to keep up with gems and the chest?

I thank you for your patience, I am a new player and just joined PoE when the league released.

EDIT: NEvermind. Found a way around it. Messed with some rings and used a belt as a STR placeholder while I equipped the chest,, then I could take it off and let the chests own stats take over.
Dernière édition par TheAngryRogue, le 16 mars 2019 11:02:44
so the complete pob for 3.6 is lvl100 CI ?
"
TheAngryRogue a écrit :
No worries and thank you!

Question: I can't seem to get the STR requirement using any of your builds and the new tree for 3.6. You have 34 STR without items, meaning you need 146 STR from items just to wear the death's oath. Am I missing something or am I going to need to focus all of my gear on DEX and STR to keep up with gems and the chest?

I thank you for your patience, I am a new player and just joined PoE when the league released.

EDIT: NEvermind. Found a way around it. Messed with some rings and used a belt as a STR placeholder while I equipped the chest,, then I could take it off and let the chests own stats take over.

Yes, you'll want to try to get strength on a few other pieces of gear, but it seems you figured that out on your own! With the PoB I just picked the best options for gear, but left a decent amount of suffix/prefix open on every piece of gear.

"
duabijitelur a écrit :
so the complete pob for 3.6 is lvl100 CI ?

That would be correct, I would imagine that would be almost everyone's end goal. Are you perhaps asking if I can make a level 90 tree? The build is catered towards CI, I think there are life varients that exist out there however this isn't one of them.
quality less duration gem in armor or not ?

less duration of dot = faster dmg right ?

spiritual aid node good for this build or not ?

it work for death oath aura ?

despair aura from flask get benefits from our curse effects ?

infused channeling dmg buff aply to death aura ?
Dernière édition par Zebedin, le 17 mars 2019 14:52:52

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires