[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Awesome build and guide!
Hats off for @FlasherCatcher
"
LFM91 a écrit :
Awesome build and guide!
Hats off for @FlasherCatcher

Hey thanks @LFM91!

Just uploaded the Tier 9 Boss kills, should have the 10's done in a few days while I work on my two other Death's Oath builds.
I'm 71 now and want to ask some questions:
1. Where I can get solo-target dmg? Killing Izaro or Arid Lake boss is such a pain, cause I'm can't stay still and channel dps, and Death Aura is not enough for killing boss. At least it's very slow.
2. Can you provide any tips for leveling? Note that Dark Pact is not so good for running acts, such slow and boring.
3. Are you using any golem/totem/movement skill links?
In your Ci tree, why not go for Pain Attunement? Does being on 1 life permanently not activate it?
"
lorrey a écrit :
I'm 71 now and want to ask some questions:
1. Where I can get solo-target dmg? Killing Izaro or Arid Lake boss is such a pain, cause I'm can't stay still and channel dps, and Death Aura is not enough for killing boss. At least it's very slow.
2. Can you provide any tips for leveling? Note that Dark Pact is not so good for running acts, such slow and boring.
3. Are you using any golem/totem/movement skill links?

Hey Lorrey! Dark Pact should be pretty quick for leveling through the acts as most things would die in a blast or two however at 71 you should be primarily killing with the Death's Oath Aura. For single target just drop a Wither Totem and use the Blight - Gloves setup, it will take a few seconds to ramp up but once it does the boss should just melt. Currently I don't have any golems for this build however if you need more damage I would suggest a Fire Golem. The movement skill I currently use is Shield Charge, but if you prefer you can also use Leap Slam.

"
Schwachsinn a écrit :
In your Ci tree, why not go for Pain Attunement? Does being on 1 life permanently not activate it?

Hey Schwachsinn! The reason why Pain Attunement is not chosen is because it is only activated once you are at or below low life, which is 1-35% life if I recall. With the build being CI you are always at 1/1 unless you are at 0/1 (and then you're dead of course) This makes it impossible to be anything other than full life, or dead.
Good to know!
The guide post doesn't mention any mobility spells, if you use/recommend any, you could add that to the post as well!
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :

Hey Lorrey! Dark Pact should be pretty quick for leveling through the acts as most things would die in a blast or two however at 71 you should be primarily killing with the Death's Oath Aura. For single target just drop a Wither Totem and use the Blight - Gloves setup, it will take a few seconds to ramp up but once it does the boss should just melt. Currently I don't have any golems for this build however if you need more damage I would suggest a Fire Golem. The movement skill I currently use is Shield Charge, but if you prefer you can also use Leap Slam.

Yeah, it may take a blast or two to kill normal mob, but rares will require 10-20 and boss can take you busy for 2-3 mins.
Now on 71 I've got 4,5k dps on aura and it's absolutely not enough to kill bosses fast. Blight is hard to use here cause it require me to stay still and take all hits in face.
Wither totem lives for 2-3 sec, and replacing it takes some time too.
Is there any other possible ways to increase dmg without tanking a lot?

Is Lightning warp usable here?
I have another classic beginner question: how on earth do you go up to 160 strength to equip Death's Oath? That's a massive amount of strength for a witch build
"
lorrey a écrit :
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :

Yeah, it may take a blast or two to kill normal mob, but rares will require 10-20 and boss can take you busy for 2-3 mins.
Now on 71 I've got 4,5k dps on aura and it's absolutely not enough to kill bosses fast. Blight is hard to use here cause it require me to stay still and take all hits in face.
Wither totem lives for 2-3 sec, and replacing it takes some time too.
Is there any other possible ways to increase dmg without tanking a lot?

Is Lightning warp usable here?

You could certainly use Lightning warp if you want to. I use Shield Charge linked to fortify. I'm not entirely certain how or why you're having as much trouble as you're saying you are. The monsters should be dead before you have time to cast Dark Pact if they are white monsters. Blue monsters should be dying just as quickly. Rare monsters might take a short channeling of Blight but will take most of their damage from the Profane Bloom assuming that it procs. Bosses should take less than a minute to kill. (Charge in, drop wither totem, spam Blight until they get close to you and then charge through them a short distance and continue using Blight. Refresh totem as needed.)

"
Schwachsinn a écrit :
I have another classic beginner question: how on earth do you go up to 160 strength to equip Death's Oath? That's a massive amount of strength for a witch build

To get the strength required to equip find some items that will get you to atleast 180 to equip the armor. This should boost you to over 200 strength. You can then remove the items you used to equip the armor unless you go below 180. If you have to take the armor off for some reason you will be unable to equip it again until you raise your strength up again. I currently use a belt in these cases which has a large amount of strength.

"
Schwachsinn a écrit :
Good to know!
The guide post doesn't mention any mobility spells, if you use/recommend any, you could add that to the post as well!

Currently I use Shield Charge linked to Fortify, you can also link this to Faster attacks for a slightly faster attack animation.
Thanks for the great build. How do your other death's oath builds compare to this one?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires