[3.10] Terminus Est Flicker Slayer 6k HP / 4k Leech/s / 3mio DPS / Budget / Leaguestarter

"
Kostyan1996 a écrit :
Gear is kinda questional for me:
Why Atziri's Acuity if Maligaro's Virtuosity is 50% inc crit and you need just 4 points for Vaal Pact?
Also, why The Red Trail if Darkray Vectors give far more superior bonuses?

Acuity is SO much better than maligaros + Vaal Pact... Ever tried using Blood Rage with Vaal Pact? It is a miserable playstyle without life regen... Sadly the price of Acuity represents that fact :( Until I can afford them I am seeing two options:

1. Take Vaal Pact and not use Blood Rage, losing Attack Speed, life leech and a second source of Frenzy Charges. Using Maligaros.

2. Take Headsman instead of Impact, hoping that is enough to negate the reflects without instant leech and run Blood Rage and use Maligaros too.

Any input on which of those two options is superior is appreciated ;)

The Red Trail are only recced in the second version. There for their 10% additional Physical Damage Reduction while stationary. Flicker Strike is a stationary skill, so it helps with negating the negative effect of Abyssus if you do not want to use Lightning Coil. I would reccommend version A anyway, Abyssus without Lightning Coil is never a good idea.

I am also really hoping Legacy Lightning Coil will make a comeback xD

Edit: Also the 3 sword clusters compiled into one are a not as good as I expected...
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 02:01:19
What about new buffed Carnage Heart? It should give tons of Leech and also quite a bit of damage.
You will not have to drop Melee Splash cause this amulet gives alot of leech. I mean, you can always avoid maps with phys reflect, ele reflect should not be a problem with such leech.
Dernière édition par Kostyan1996, le 2 mars 2017 06:02:01
"
Kostyan1996 a écrit :
What about new buffed Carnage Heart? It should give tons of Leech and also quite a bit of damage.
You will not have to drop Melee Splash cause it gives alot of leech.

Why would you drop Melee Splash, like EVER? It is build enabling for Flicker Strike. Without Splash this is unplayable.

But concerning the new Carnage Heart. It is a very nice amulet for this build, at least for getting started. Nothing more. I mean, it is almost made for this build, as we are always leeching as a Slayer, even when on full life, so we always have the damage boost. Leech itself is great and 50+ stats (INT!) are also great.

But in the end you really want an amulet with life, cc, crit multi, flat phys dmg and maybe some resists.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 06:08:00
"
Mecielle a écrit :
"
Kostyan1996 a écrit :

Why would you drop Melee Splash, like EVER? It is build enabling for Flicker Strike. Without Splash this is unplayable.

But concerning the new Carnage Heart. It is a very nice amulet for this build, at least for getting started. Nothing more. I mean, it is almost made for this build, as we are always leeching as a Slayer, even when on full life, so we always have the damage boost. Leech itself is great and 50+ stats (INT!) are also great.

But in the end you really want an amulet with life, cc, crit multi, flat phys dmg and maybe some resists.

You wrote "Take Headsman instead of Impact", which is slot-free Melee Splash, I was talking about dropping it as passive (as if you drop it, you will need to put Melee Splash gem in).
Dernière édition par Kostyan1996, le 2 mars 2017 07:11:14
"
Kostyan1996 a écrit :
"
Mecielle a écrit :
"
Kostyan1996 a écrit :

You wrote "Take Headsman instead of Impact", which is slot-free Melee Splash, I was talking about dropping it as passive (as if you drop it, you will need to put Melee Splash gem in).

Ah sorry, my bad. Was thinking you meant drop the gem. So you meant the additional leech from Carnage Heart would make it easier to survive reflect mobs without taking Headsman. Well, I don't know. Maybe a little bit. But not really, you can't stop your Flicker Strike mid attack. You will still one-shot yourself on any reflect mob as long as your leech isn't instant. And the only feasable way to get instant leech is Atziris Acuity or VP and dropping Blood Rage. Or get Headsman until you get Acuity.

I plan to do the latter. Can always cheaply respec into Impact later on, but for leveling I will need the 50% reduced reflect damage taken in order to not die all the time and lose 10% exp on every damn reflect pack xD

I had ~30ex worth of gear Flicker Striker at level 92 last league and tested this. I still one shotted myself on every reflect pack when I didn't wear Acuity and specced out of Headsman and into Impact. As soon as the mobs have enough life for the reflected damage to be enough to oneshot yourself, your leech does not do anything to help you if it isnt instant. And because of Abyssus that treshold is reached in very low tier maps. I think T5 reflect Elites have enough life to one shot you.

But I might just use Carnage Heart on top of Headsman until I can get my hands on a nice rare amulet. At least if the buffed version doesn't result in too high prices.

EDIT: Forgot to point out the obvious. Avoiding reflect Elites is not an option either with Flicker Strike. Sometimes you start flickering and end up 5 screens away.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 07:44:36
As OP hasn't updated the tree yet, here is my planned tree for this build at level 89:

www.poeurl.com/5Od

Was thinking about getting the new life cluster in between Shadow and Ranger but in the end I think the value just isnt there when compared to the Scion life wheel. We are at 188% increased life from the tree. If you think you can get away with 163%, thats where we would be if we don't go for the scion life wheel and take the new cluster instead, you will save a few passive nodes to spend on other stuff.

If anybody has any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 09:07:43
"
Mecielle a écrit :
As OP hasn't updated the tree yet, here is my planned tree for this build at level 89:

www.poeurl.com/5Od

Was thinking about getting the new life cluster in between Shadow and Ranger but in the end I think the value just isnt there when compared to the Scion life wheel. We are at 188% increased life from the tree. If you think you can get away with 163%, thats where we would be if we don't go for the scion life wheel and take the new cluster instead, you will save a few passive nodes to spend on other stuff.

Personally I'd do something more like www.poeurl.com/6da or www.poeurl.com/6eB. I'm a bit torn between going depth perception/power charge vs acuity/null/frenzy; the latter kinda depends on a diamond flask being active for ~90% crit, which won't always be the case vs bosses. Frenzy adds a fair bit of dps too, esp with the helm enchant, but I think for QoL purposes it might be better to go with the former for the guaranteed crit chance. Although tbh I'm not sure ~90% crit chance is all that important for this build, considering the op was doing just fine with 70% fully buffed.
Dernière édition par an1drag0n, le 2 mars 2017 14:38:00
"
an1drag0n a écrit :
"
Mecielle a écrit :

www.poeurl.com/5Od

Personally I'd do something more like www.poeurl.com/6da or www.poeurl.com/6eB. I'm a bit torn between going depth perception/power charge vs acuity/null/frenzy; the latter kinda depends on a diamond flask being active for ~90% crit, which won't always be the case vs bosses. Frenzy adds a fair bit of dps too, esp with the helm enchant, but I think for QoL purposes it might be better to go with the former for the guaranteed crit chance.

I can't really see Acuity ever being needed with the changes to flat accuracy on Terminus Est. But yea, maybe I am overestimating that buff so if you can't get 85%+ hit chance from other nodes and accuracy on weapon and jewellery that is the best way to get more.

Also there is always the option to drop some life nodes in the scion wheel to for example get the Power Charge and Nullification instead. Depends on what is needed in the endgame. For now I just went with most life possible.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 14:40:54
"
I can't really see Acuity ever being needed with the changes to flat accuracy on Terminus Est. But yea, maybe I am overestimating that buff so if you can't get 85%+ hit chance from other nodes and accuracy on weapon and jewellery that is the best way to get more.

Also there is always the option to drop some life nodes in the scion wheel to for example get the Power Charge and Nullification instead. Depends on what is needed in the endgame. For now I just went with most life possible.

Do we know tiger swords are getting flat accuracy instead of percent accuracy? And you definitely don't need acuity to hit 85% hit chance, but it does give you a good amount of hit chance (thus more crit) and a decent bit of attack speed, though the dps gains depends on how much flat accuracy you have on your gear to scale. I feel like life will be super important to have as it also affects how much you can leech, not to mention less chance of getting one shot, so I don't think I'd drop any life nodes.

In case you're interested, I've been tinkering around with the build in Path of Building (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360). Copy paste this code http://pastebin.com/mPRY7zeW into the import/export build section of the program. It has some overtuned gear in it to show top dps lvls, probably not the most realistic, but it's helpful to optimize the build. Keep in mind I switch out melee splash for added fire when calculating boss dps.
Dernière édition par an1drag0n, le 2 mars 2017 15:00:17
"
an1drag0n a écrit :

Do we know tiger swords are getting flat accuracy instead of percent accuracy? And you definitely don't need acuity to hit 85% hit chance, but it does give you a good amount of hit chance (thus more crit) and a decent bit of attack speed, though the dps gains depends on how much flat accuracy you have on your gear to scale. I feel like life will be super important to have as it also affects how much you can leech, not to mention less chance of getting one shot, so I don't think I'd drop any life nodes.

In case you're interested, I've been tinkering around with the build in Path of Building (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360). Copy paste this code http://pastebin.com/mPRY7zeW into the import/export build section of the program. It has some overtuned gear in it to show top dps lvls, probably not the most realistic, but it's helpful to optimize the build. Keep in mind I switch out melee splash for added fire when calculating boss dps.

Nice, thx for that. Was planning on doing that tomorrow myself. But I have two points where my experience from last league might help.

Merc Bandits: Take the Power Charge (I think most builds on this forum take Power Charge too). It will really help with DPS, crit and therefore Frenzy generation. And you won't notice a difference between one Frenzy Charge more or less at that point. With that much crit you generate them faster than Flicker Strike is even able to spend them I think.

And I don't know if you were here for that discussion earlier in the thread. You have Atziris Acuity equipped in Path of Building but still Headsman instead of Impact allocated. Acuity enables us to not need the 50% less reflect damage and to take Added Fire instead of Melee Splash even for normal clearing. As you have already put Added Fire in for single target I guess the DPS shown stays the same though^^

But yea, will of course start with Headsman too until I get Acuity.

EDIT: And for the question about accuracy:

"
Many one-handed and two-handed swords now grant additional flat accuracy as their implicit mod, replacing percentage increases to accuracy. Existing copies of these swords will not be updated.

I take that to mean yes. They say "many" and not "all" because there are swords that have ather implicits at the moment. I understand it as "If your sword has % accuracy at the moment, it will get flat accuracy."

I also expect the DPS to drop a bit more because two-handed swords get +0.1 APS and will have their base damage reduced to result in the same DPS. But because we are flicker strike the bonus attack speed will be less of a buff for as than the minus damage will be a nerf.
Dernière édition par Mecielle, le 2 mars 2017 15:31:17

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires