(3.22) theocrafting Chieftain Melee-Ignites Infernal Blow/Earthquake (first Update)

UPDATE

Since Controlled Blaze numbers are revealed we have some clarification. Good news: Support looks really good, gives 70% more multiplier on correct playstyle. Bad news: Chieftain is just not the choice to go with Melee Ignites.

Last days i discussed here the use of Earthquake, Molten Strike and Infernal Blow. Earthquake and Molten Strike both benefits from new Chieftain but the question was how consecutive hits benefit from controlled blaze. Earthquake was for slow attacks, molten strike was fast ignites.

DLDR: Earthquake will deal like 8 Ignites recently with Tawhoa (4 per slam). With investment in Attackspeed and Cooldownrecovery it still can do 12 Ignites, when you perform 3 Slams in 4 seconds. Because of ruthless this might be your goal to get best synergy of Chieftain+Igniteslams.
Molten Strike is just useless, because you neither have consistent hits, which is important for the best use of Controlled Blaze, nor it deals a good single ignite inflict (185% base damage is one of the lowest melee damage).
Infernal Blow will discussed now more.

Theocrafting Infernal Blow Ignite

First of: Infernal Blow Ignite was already a viable build. I found an elementalist that dealt with some unique shenanigans like 10mil ignite DPS on okayish defense (rightside of skilltree with clusters and spellsurpresscapp) But i haven't played it for myself so i can't say if klunky or not.

The idea is to deal 6 hits and the 6th hit is the biggest ignite possible on melee. it deals like 650-800 base damage (mathguys still discuss this). So its a bit like EA: You buildup your Ignite damage instead of having an initial big blow (like Earthquake). Building the damage up fits perfectly with Controlled Blaze. At 6 Hits the Support already offers like 50% more dmg. So one series of hits even without big attackspeed investment outscales almost every ignite support option.

But Infernal Blow has more to offer. The Number 6 fits perfect to Ruthless. If the 6th Infernal Blow strike is ruthless, then the explosion is as well. Ruthless got changed so it is also supporting ailment damage = DPS x 2. Because of the Stunning Mechanic of Ruthless Blow the new Passive Tree Notable Concussive Force gives another 20 Multiplier to Ignites.

And also Infernal Blow can use Swords and this is huge: Story of the Vaal. This sword is like a baby-elementalist. It makes your damage ignite, it freezes, it shocks. AND it makes ignites 75% stronger. I think it is the BIS weapon for melee ignites. You can add so much damage now: Wrath, Vaalsmite, Stormfire, damage on chill, ailment effect and so on.

Swords are fast and it will be no problem to deal this 13 for controlled Blaze. While this means you sometimes facetank bosses, the other new support looks interesting: Sadism. If you keep Attacking anyway, you don't benefit from long ignites and this is like a 80% more Multiplier. The Ignite now lasts like 0,8 Seconds but this can be even increased a bit on tree (Let's call it Replica Emberwake Support)

Last least: Infernal Blow still is so much fun on clearing.

Class Discussion: Elementalist, Inquisitor, Raider, Champion, Chieftain(Trickster, Slayer, Jugg)

Elementalist is best Ignite Class. It offers some other options since you are not locked in Story of the Vaal, but it still should be hard to beat. Its like a 80-100% more multiplier Class.
Inquisitor gives a small 16% multiplier, lot of defense, 1 waste ascendency node. But has a good Starting location for Ignites, because of easy access to Elemental Overload.
Raider might surprise a bit but it delivers Exposure, Attackspeed, Spellsurpress. I guess Raider is the easiest gearing Melee Ignite Class. But Pathing on tree will be lot harder.
Champion is solid. Gives a bit Attackspeed lot of defense. Aura effect/cannot evade and stuff also looks good. There is a reason why all Meta Builds last years had its Champion Versions.
Chieftain, my boy... This Thoecrafting was because of new chieftain class but Tawhoa and Tukohama are just so bad. They only help on slam ignites, which can't scale good (no sword, no speed). It still is one if not the best new defense class early game. Gearing is almost done with some fire res and you are free to fit all that shiny ignite uniques in. Maybe leveling with Tawhoa/Tukohama and respec later to Ngamahu/Ramaku could be a good leaguestart progress but i don't know... I just don't want to play such a bad designed Class with this Tawhoa node that doesnt fit in any build.

(Trickster, Slayer and Jugg can also be played but don't offer special things)

When POB Mac is Fixed i will do a Chieftain and Elementalist Tree.

Randome Idea - Alchemist Mark
What about Alchemist's Mark? People are not using it and i don't know why. Maybe because it doesn't fit into regular Ignite playstyle, because enemies just leaving the burning ground area. Fine. But we kind of facetank with melee ignite anyways because oft the Controlled Blaze buildup. So AM looks so much better than any other curse and you still can get 2-3 curses anyways. Quick math. Alchemists Mark does nothing else than mirroring the ignite damage one a single spot called burning ground. 26% of your biggest ignite over 4 seconds is nothing else than normal Ignite description: fire damage over 4 seconds (dps is 25% of full ignite). And this can be buffed by Curse/Mark effect: like 60% on tree, 25 at clusters. So doublecluster can achieve 100% stronger marks. Alchemist mark at lvl 24 (Malicious Intent) sits at 28% "ignite-burn" which is with curse effect at 25%. And investing in curses also means that your Flammabilty and Ele Weakness rises.
This also matches with Sadism. Maybe Bosses move a lot and you have shorter phases to hit them. then the lesser ignite duration rises the dmg of the burning ground 1:1. That is now a 100% theocrafting part because researches about alchemist's mark are very tough because no one uses it.
What would this mean to playstyle. With Sadism the regular ignite duration is lower than a second, but can lift with some ailment duration stuff. Inflicting Infernal Blow 6th hit Explosion in under 1 Second is nearly impossible without heavy speed investmend, but now Defiled Force begins to shine: It refreshes the ignite on hit, if you have a curse on hit.
One question would be if Curse Effect reduction on bosses also lowers the burning ground damage.
This all is for single target reasons. On maps you can swap the Sadism with any other support skill that benefits clearing better. But clearing wasnt the problem for Infernal blow at all.

On Leaguestart i will go on Vacation so i hope some people will Test new Melee Ignite until my own leaguestart. I would appreciate to get some feedback if you follow similar plans for your early builds!

Ill leave it in the Chieftain section for now, because of unrealistic hopes that it works better with flameboy as i thought...
Dernière édition par oedifamily, le 15 août 2023 11:35:18
Dernier bump le 23 sept. 2023 04:40:04
I guess it's difficult to assess without the actual gem data, but I'm loving the idea of a viable slam build and will be following this thread :)
I'm leaning toward Infernal Bow, assuming the new support has no cap (more ignites more ignite damage one) then Multistrike is looking really HOT (pun intended). The reasoning is, you only apply a debuff every third hit. Normally that would be bad, but if the support stacks infinitely, which I honestly doubt, but if it does, then multistrike actually turns into a more multiplier.
Dernière édition par Smithy2107, le 12 août 2023 19:55:06
If Tawhoa works like mirage archer with static strike... i'm going static strike ignite.
Yeah i also have hopes to the fast attacking thing but that leads away from chieftain. Then you either go zerker, jugger, champion or raider. and best choice still will be elementalist. i found a 12 mil ignite IB ignite elementalist that was 100% on right skill tree. clusters and DoT mods can do ignites on every starting class.

but i have hope on chieftain because if there is no viable slow playstyle there is no reason that this class exists. they just can delete it. many stuff depends on tawhoa. first thing: having fist of war NOT stack with tawhoa is a intended classbreaker. i will not point it out, ggg just failed here 100%. slams are bad.
new hope: tawhoa strikes. so will tawhoa give anything to infernal blow? will it help buildup the chrages, can we do a massive last hit? if not, well bye then chieftain. we don't go for an ascendancy that is nothing more than a jewel + a mastery or glove implicit. thats -> bullshit.

my hopes for chieftain ignites are like 1-2% because we have experience with ggg melee fails. if new support gem is good i go as elementalist or zerker. if its bad, no ignites then.
Dernière édition par oedifamily, le 13 août 2023 04:55:54
This is my first go at making my own build and not following a guide, but im currently on the thought process of Running an ignite IB build, and then slowly once i get some major currency transitioning into a strength stacker IB zerker, I just love IB ngl, was the first skill i played on my first ever character wayyyy back when, and i kinda wanna use the Karui themed Season to play around with a build similar to my original marauder.
Currently im looking at just Stacking As many Fire Damage Nodes on the Tree as I can, and running the res tree and Tukohama Tree, way overstacking Fire res and turning the uncapped res into regen. Using the Bench craft Fire + Chaos res on everything to manage all my resistances, opening up a lot of suffixes.
I think a two handed consecrated path could crush everything. It's usually for Berserker, but with the new gem that stacks ignite damage and tawhoa and pulverise, you can zoom fast enough and inflict some massive ignite while getting that regen and curse reduction which would help for the lack of physical defense.

Alchemist mark on hit could be interesting for a double dipping.

the only problem is the enemy's resistance. You dont have much fire pen or exposure anymore unless you take ramako instead Tukohama.
looks like new geem need 26 stack to full buff, so molten sounds good
"
kabytos a écrit :
looks like new geem need 26 stack to full buff, so molten sounds good

At 26 stacks it becomes a 5 link besides the ignite chance. The biggest multiplier sits at 13 ignites recently and decreases if you do significant more. So Molten Strike projectile stacking doesnt work here good.
I really wanna try this melee ignite combination, hope you share pob ideas
id for weapon before story of the vaal sword we have great, cheap Razor of the Seventh Sun
Dernière édition par kabytos, le 15 août 2023 07:29:18

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires