[3.24] 41+ million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

I am enjoying the build so far and have been interested in trying the piss pottles (poison conc) for while. I wanted to see how it fairs in SSF and I can say leveling has been pretty fast. I am in early map running (Tier 1-6) on a 4-link. I have a ways to go gear wise but so far so good.
"
kilthas84 a écrit :
I am enjoying the build so far and have been interested in trying the piss pottles (poison conc) for while. I wanted to see how it fairs in SSF and I can say leveling has been pretty fast. I am in early map running (Tier 1-6) on a 4-link. I have a ways to go gear wise but so far so good.

I'm sure you've already figured it out, but getting a 5 or 6 link will make a big difference also.

And don't sleep on the defensive stuff (block etc.) It really helps.
Hi t0lkien, just to check, do you think it'd be possible to squeeze in ES leech somewhere in the build? So far I've managed to bring the frenzy version of the build into the end game just fine, but one thing that's a little annoying is that this league's mechanic makes the monsters mega tanky. I had a beyond boss on my map that took ages to kill what with all the map, compass, altar and wisp mods, and this is compounded by the fact that when vaal clarity runs out we ended up running out of ES to attack and have to run around waiting for ES to recharge. It's possible to get ES leech on charm but it is a prefix and so it'd mess with either charge duration, mana reservation efficiency or %increased poison duration if we have applied poison recently, all of which are very important lines in our charms.

How do you tackle the issue on the ES regen?
"
jasondusk a écrit :
How do you tackle the issue on the ES regen?

You need +ES on hit on your rare Jewel at least. However, this league you're totally right that the tankiness of empowerment strains our ES when there is only a single mob. My regen is so fast I don't often notice it. It definitely impedes me at times, though.

There may be a way to mitigate that further with -mana on non-channeled attacks on both the Watcher's Eye and Amulet. Possibly on the tree as well with +ES on hit (I haven't looked yet).

This is a good point though, and I'll take a look at how to improve it this league. Everything else is pretty good IMO.
Dernière édition par t0lkien, le 3 janv. 2024 05:55:46
"
t0lkien a écrit :

You need +ES on hit on your rare Jewel at least.

Ooh, I didn't realize that line would be helpful, since it's 3 ES per enemy hit, but now that I think about it, since we throw 9 flasks does it count as 3*9 = 27 ES per enemy hit (assuming we hit all 9 flask on the same enemy? I'll look into getting a jewel with that line since I don't have any now, thanks!
"
jasondusk a écrit :
Ooh, I didn't realize that line would be helpful, since it's 3 ES per enemy hit, but now that I think about it, since we throw 9 flasks does it count as 3*9 = 27 ES per enemy hit (assuming we hit all 9 flask on the same enemy?

Yes, that's exactly how it works, and is part of the reason we need decent AoE - not just for the damage but the accompanying +ES.

Someone else came up with that solution, I didn't know that jewel mod existed!

This league I still think we need something more. I really like the +Life on Hit from Vitality (via a Watcher's Eye), but it might make more sense to swap to Clarity and -mana.
Dernière édition par t0lkien, le 3 janv. 2024 06:50:12
Ah okay then it makes a lot of sense to get those. I can slot in a couple of them too since I haven't get to the forbidden jewels, which should help a ton with regaining ES. Thanks!
"
jasondusk a écrit :
Ah okay then it makes a lot of sense to get those. I can slot in a couple of them too since I haven't get to the forbidden jewels, which should help a ton with regaining ES. Thanks!

To add to this, if we can somehow get our AoE to ~20+ while reducing the cost of the skill to 27 (possible I think), we effectively reduce our cast cost to zero.

With the current league mechanic that dishes out high levels of constant damage, we also greatly benefit from Life on Hit (it's better than Leech as our damage is almost all DoT, which doesn't benefit from Leech), so it would hurt to lose that Watcher's Eye mod. We can get Life on Hit on the rings, but none are available with +Frenzy Charges as well, and that combination would only ever be extremely rare.

I'm currently on holiday and away from my computer, but will be looking at how to adjust all these elements for an optimal build this league when I return.

Update: we can definitely fix our ES issues. It costs us some damage though, which can be replaced with some (rather expensive) items. It might be worth it - will see if/when I get the items.
Dernière édition par t0lkien, le 8 janv. 2024 04:13:06
"
t0lkien a écrit :
Update: we can definitely fix our ES issues. It costs us some damage though, which can be replaced with some (rather expensive) items. It might be worth it - will see if/when I get the items.

Ooh, good to know. I have recently managed to get myself the forbidden gems and they feel really nice to have. That said, the increased attack speed also meant depleting our ES faster than ever haha. The build feels pretty good now though, and most things except ubers or very juiced rares can be bursted down with vaal clarity.

I find the only part of the game I struggled with are bosses with a linked laser (the translucent, ghostly green boss in Orchard map, for example) since my hp pool isn't high enough and don't have much regen.

"
jasondusk a écrit :
I find the only part of the game I struggled with are bosses with a linked laser (the translucent, ghostly green boss in Orchard map, for example) since my hp pool isn't high enough and don't have much regen.

Regen/recovery is the build's Achilles' heel for sure. That boss kills me often. I have to get close to a pillar ASAP so I can duck behind it quickly and break the beam. There's another map that has the same mechanic, and it too can be tricky.

BTW, part of the solution for ES recovery is to be more accurate with where the potions are thrown, to make sure they hit bosses directly (and get the ES on Hit value). I've found that helps a lot.

I've uploaded a second version of the endgame build in the 3.23 Update section, which leans into better ES recovery, partly through greater AoE. It's pretty expensive because it requires an Awakened GMP, and in the final version (hopefully) will utilize -mana on a Watcher's Eye which requires a stupidly expensive Level 4 Enlighten Support.

I'm almost there, and it does feel better.
Dernière édition par t0lkien, le 10 janv. 2024 05:10:40

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires