Wrecker's 3.14 Minion Champ(ion) (not a guide, sorry!)

Thank You for getting back. To update you, I'm lvl 87 have all my stones minus one. Drox kicked my butt, repeatedly, and Syrus made a gooy mess of my head. BUT,I have never made it this far in the game so thank you again for the build.
I did something on the left side of the tree that I'm not sure was helpful. Got a medium cluster jewel for heralds with empowered envoy. Since I don't have HP or Damage for the above fights guess it's grind grind grind time lol.
"
internationalfish a écrit :
Sorry, it may not be particularly compelling, but playing this build and then seeing the new Reaper gem made me think that low-cost minions like phantasms and Herald summons might end up providing a whole lot of food for a reaper. So having the base minions here around with fewer support gems and using Reaper as the main might end up providing similar cannon fodder but also keeping it simple to play. Just a thought. :)
That's an awesome idea for sure! This build will be hit hard with the mana requirements for triggered skill so I'll have to see where my preferences take me. But that Reaper build may be perfect if we link it to something like Phantasms.

I'm excited to test out all the new stuff. I like your thought. It's making my gears spin.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Gorclan a écrit :
Thank You for getting back. To update you, I'm lvl 87 have all my stones minus one. Drox kicked my butt, repeatedly, and Syrus made a gooy mess of my head. BUT,I have never made it this far in the game so thank you again for the build.
I did something on the left side of the tree that I'm not sure was helpful. Got a medium cluster jewel for heralds with empowered envoy. Since I don't have HP or Damage for the above fights guess it's grind grind grind time lol.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure how the build will change for 3.15 with all the crazy changes coming so I'll be keeping all this in mind for sure.

But great job getting as far as you did! Lots of the late-game boss battles require some familiarity to beat so don't be discouraged! Hang in there. Getting there is a big deal and I'm glad you did it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Alright everyone! I'm off to work on 3.15's stuff (So I won't be responding to this thread anymore). Thanks for all your time, effort, feedback, and kindness! It was very helpful. Thank you.

3.15 is bringing so many changes that a lot of theory crafters will have to start from scratch. But as soon as I have one of these builds the way I want it, I'll post it for sure. I wish you the best in 3.15!

Annnnnd

Looking forward to what you come up with, Wrecker!

For anyone else interested in sharing ideas about this build (using Dominating Blow rather than Bladestorm)...

I'm looking at throwing out the CwDT entirely, as they're going to be massively expensive, and getting rid of enough aura reservation to support them seems like it'd screw the build too hard (particularly because of the across-the-board increase in resource costs).

The goal here would be to push this build further towards swarms of better-supported minions, in the hope that as things shake out from the patch, we'll be able to do more damage by stacking more minions with minion-specific supports than we would with the newly-neutered direct pure damage gems. With Reaper hopefully being a relatively heavy hitter, and being able to consume our lesser minions to occasionally buff itself, and with Absolution providing another way to generate Herald of Purity style minions, I'm hoping this can go towards accomplishing that.

My current thoughts:

- Replace one of the CwDT links with Reaper. We're generating lots of minions all the time; having a Reaper around means one will get consumed occasionally, but that's not a big deal for us, and buffs our major minion.

- Replace the other CwDT link with Molten Shell plus supports, which would then go on left click (dropping the golem and Holy Relic entirely, as we can't really predict what's going to get eaten by our Reaper, and CwDT's 250% resource multiplier is frankly idiotic).

- Replace one of the nerfed generic damage gems in the Herald of Purity setup with Absolution to get a second source of similar throwaway minions with the same supports. Probably swap out at least one of the other damage-focused gems for something directly minion-related.

- Dropping the Vengeance setup in favor of as many relevant auras as we can stack (maybe a curse with Blasphemy?), or just nothing, pending whatever else might seem useful, since mana/life spend seem to be becoming more of an issue.

- Go as heavy on aura reservation as possible and try to keep our life regen/leech up to where we can Lifetap the non-aura skills we're using (Summon Reaper, Dominating Blow, Absolution, and Molten Shell). How realistic this is I'm not sure yet, given the increases to just about everything's resource cost multipliers.

This ends up having three active skills (if you include the secondary action of sending your already-summoned Reaper after a specific monster), which is not the kind of lazy build I'd necessarily want to play. However, with the changes to flasks, I'm hoping to automate those and ignore them entirely, so this might not end up being awful. We'll see how easy it ends up being to get auto-flask to a useful state.
Dernière édition par internationalfish, le 21 juil. 2021 07:06:41
"
internationalfish a écrit :
Spoiler
Looking forward to what you come up with, Wrecker!

For anyone else interested in sharing ideas about this build (using Dominating Blow rather than Bladestorm)...

I'm looking at throwing out the CwDT entirely, as they're going to be massively expensive, and getting rid of enough aura reservation to support them seems like it'd screw the build too hard (particularly because of the across-the-board increase in resource costs).

The goal here would be to push this build further towards swarms of better-supported minions, in the hope that as things shake out from the patch, we'll be able to do more damage by stacking more minions with minion-specific supports than we would with the newly-neutered direct pure damage gems. With Reaper hopefully being a relatively heavy hitter, and being able to consume our lesser minions to occasionally buff itself, and with Absolution providing another way to generate Herald of Purity style minions, I'm hoping this can go towards accomplishing that.

My current thoughts:

- Replace one of the CwDT links with Reaper. We're generating lots of minions all the time; having a Reaper around means one will get consumed occasionally, but that's not a big deal for us, and buffs our major minion.

- Replace the other CwDT link with Molten Shell plus supports, which would then go on left click (dropping the golem and Holy Relic entirely, as we can't really predict what's going to get eaten by our Reaper, and CwDT's 250% resource multiplier is frankly idiotic).

- Replace one of the nerfed generic damage gems in the Herald of Purity setup with Absolution to get a second source of similar throwaway minions with the same supports. Probably swap out at least one of the other damage-focused gems for something directly minion-related.

- Dropping the Vengeance setup in favor of as many relevant auras as we can stack (maybe a curse with Blasphemy?), or just nothing, pending whatever else might seem useful, since mana/life spend seem to be becoming more of an issue.

- Go as heavy on aura reservation as possible and try to keep our life regen/leech up to where we can Lifetap the non-aura skills we're using (Summon Reaper, Dominating Blow, Absolution, and Molten Shell). How realistic this is I'm not sure yet, given the increases to just about everything's resource cost multipliers.

This ends up having three active skills (if you include the secondary action of sending your already-summoned Reaper after a specific monster), which is not the kind of lazy build I'd necessarily want to play. However, with the changes to flasks, I'm hoping to automate those and ignore them entirely, so this might not end up being awful. We'll see how easy it ends up being to get auto-flask to a useful state.
That's some great food for thought International! Thanks! I'll be playing through 3.15, gaining some experience and I'm making sure to use some trigger stuff to see what it's like. It sounds like GGG are already peeling back a bit on the mana requirements for trigger gems. So we'll see what comes up. But once we've had enough experience with the new 3.15, this build will get some serious attention. Thanks for your awesome posts and feedback! It's awesome stuff.

Annnnnd

Hi Wrecker,

I really like your builds. I have a physical disability and I feel very comfortable with your Giudes. I am currently testing this Duellist. This is the class I play the most for stability.

It struck me with pain that it was getting harder and harder to survive comfortably in this league. At least at the beginning. I died disproportionately often in the early acts with this class. Fights also last longer now. It's only since the end of Act 4 that playing feels good to me. I like the build and keep testing it.

Can I also replace Bladestorm with Cyclone?
I like to move when attacking. :-)

Thank you for announcing that we will take a closer look at the build when you have gathered more information.

Would the Vortex-based build from 3.11 (Curse Happy) currently still work? I liked this build and would like to enjoy it again like that.

Greetings and thanks for the many builds

P.S .: I hope the automatic translation is good enough. English is not my natural language
"
asm1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

I really like your builds. I have a physical disability and I feel very comfortable with your Giudes. I am currently testing this Duellist. This is the class I play the most for stability.

It struck me with pain that it was getting harder and harder to survive comfortably in this league. At least at the beginning. I died disproportionately often in the early acts with this class. Fights also last longer now. It's only since the end of Act 4 that playing feels good to me. I like the build and keep testing it.

Can I also replace Bladestorm with Cyclone?
I like to move when attacking. :-)

Thank you for announcing that we will take a closer look at the build when you have gathered more information.

Would the Vortex-based build from 3.11 (Curse Happy) currently still work? I liked this build and would like to enjoy it again like that.

Greetings and thanks for the many builds

P.S .: I hope the automatic translation is good enough. English is not my natural language
That's a really nice message asm1! Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to be so kind.

You can most definitely replace Bladestorm with whatever Melee skill you like. Even Dominating Blow. This build would work great with Cyclone.

3.15 has made a lot of changes. I'm looking forward to getting used to them so theory-crafting gets easier again. I'll be coming back to this build as soon as I'm there.

You know, the Vortex CI Occultist may be valid again for sure. With people's expectations of damage going down, the build may have some validity again. But I haven't touched the build in a while. So make whatever changes you like.

Thanks again for the kind words :).

Annnnnd

Cool, thanks for the answer.

I strive for authentic sincerity. I think that's particularly important at this time. Yes, and if there's something positive to say, I'll say it. I would do it the other way around. :-) Maybe it's because of my place of birth. It is said that (born) Berliners have their hearts on their sleeves.

I've been playing poe for a while. I try out a lot and find that your builds are always very understandable for me. Even without being a guide. :-} Similar to the guides from LiftingNerdBro, I can always rely on traceability and playability, with fun. Until now there was always something for me.

In this league I initially tried a Reap-Witch. But I don't really like it when you play up to a high level with a different skill. Blade-Vortex has been a frustrating experience for me. I also don't like builds that re-assign 20+ points at some point.

What I have fewer problems with, however, is doing less damage. I would say that I am an avid causal player. It is more important to me to be stable and not go to the same place 20 times. (Unless I want to.) I like to make the labyrinth unsafe, because it is a stable constant in an ever-changing "universe".

Yes, and for me, Leap Slam is still the best movement skill. I am not getting stuck anywhere. Nothing is more annoying when your left little toe gets stuck on a pebble while you are fleeing and I killed by the boss. I am exaggerating, but it has often happened to me.

Two or three leagues ago I made a little guide myself. It's a Storm Burst Totem Scion that I got along well with. Since there are 10 acts, movement has become very important. But I find it physically difficult to coordinate movement and damage. That's why I get along well with totems.

By the way, I find it amusing when totem build providers state in the cons that some people don't like totem builds. For me, it's like selling puppies but pointing out that some people don't like puppies. This pressure to justify and protect itself is a bit strange for me.

Well, I write too much. Maybe I'll post my build in the forum. Because I would also like to have feedback on that. Because of the many projects that accompany me, I rarely get to do extensive testing.

Thanks for reading. It was fun to exchange ideas with you and all readers. I wish you (and all) a happy new week and a lot of fun with PoE.

Thanks to the google translator: D
"
asm1 a écrit :
Spoiler
Cool, thanks for the answer.

I strive for authentic sincerity. I think that's particularly important at this time. Yes, and if there's something positive to say, I'll say it. I would do it the other way around. :-) Maybe it's because of my place of birth. It is said that (born) Berliners have their hearts on their sleeves.

I've been playing poe for a while. I try out a lot and find that your builds are always very understandable for me. Even without being a guide. :-} Similar to the guides from LiftingNerdBro, I can always rely on traceability and playability, with fun. Until now there was always something for me.

In this league I initially tried a Reap-Witch. But I don't really like it when you play up to a high level with a different skill. Blade-Vortex has been a frustrating experience for me. I also don't like builds that re-assign 20+ points at some point.

What I have fewer problems with, however, is doing less damage. I would say that I am an avid causal player. It is more important to me to be stable and not go to the same place 20 times. (Unless I want to.) I like to make the labyrinth unsafe, because it is a stable constant in an ever-changing "universe".

Yes, and for me, Leap Slam is still the best movement skill. I am not getting stuck anywhere. Nothing is more annoying when your left little toe gets stuck on a pebble while you are fleeing and I killed by the boss. I am exaggerating, but it has often happened to me.

Two or three leagues ago I made a little guide myself. It's a Storm Burst Totem Scion that I got along well with. Since there are 10 acts, movement has become very important. But I find it physically difficult to coordinate movement and damage. That's why I get along well with totems.

By the way, I find it amusing when totem build providers state in the cons that some people don't like totem builds. For me, it's like selling puppies but pointing out that some people don't like puppies. This pressure to justify and protect itself is a bit strange for me.

Well, I write too much. Maybe I'll post my build in the forum. Because I would also like to have feedback on that. Because of the many projects that accompany me, I rarely get to do extensive testing.

Thanks for reading. It was fun to exchange ideas with you and all readers. I wish you (and all) a happy new week and a lot of fun with PoE.

Thanks to the google translator: D
Great read asm! Good luck with your post. I hope it goes well. Only listen to the people that actually want to help, not brag about their knowledge. I hope it works well for you. Thanks again for the great post. :) It's been a pleasure. Message anytime.

Annnnnd

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires