Wrecker's 3.14 Minion Champ(ion) (not a guide, sorry!)

Alright everyone! I'm off to work on 3.15's stuff (So I won't be responding to this thread anymore). Thanks for all your time, effort, feedback, and kindness! It was very helpful. Thank you.

3.15 is bringing so many changes that a lot of theory crafters will have to start from scratch. But as soon as I have one of these builds the way I want it, I'll post it for sure. I wish you the best in 3.15!

Hi Everyone!

(If you don't mind, spend a minute and read the 3 small drop-down sections. It'll save you some time and make sure we're on the same page.)

A Bit About the Build
So I'm looking for a tank to add to my list of guides that I have each league. I LOVE minions but I don't have to have minions in a build...but if it'll work I'm choosing it for sure.

This is the build that I'm playing blindly this league. I wanted to do a Minion build with the Champ and that's all I had at the beginning. This is what I ended up with. It's an armour-based, two-handed, smasher with Phantasms and Sentinels of Purity. It's been amazing for me the whole way through so far. I can handle everything the game throws at me with absolute garbage gear. I haven't had the time to take it very far though, so I'm hoping some of you can and give me the feedback ;). Two-handed tank! Minions! Ya!
Unfortunately, this isn't a guide, it's just a build post
Now, this isn't a guide. It's just me posting a build. So I won't be following this thread to answer questions and such as I only have the personal time for 3 guides...and I already have those guides posted for 3.14. But I will be reading all of the comments and suggestions.
Buuuuut...I want feedback!
Over the last while, PoE seems to be getting busier and busier. There are so many more enemies and so much more content on the screen at once that it's getting harder to know what your dangers are. For my playstyle, this game is turning more and more into a game of chance. Now, in my three current guides, I don't have a tank. I love the guides I have but for the slow-paced style that I like and the current state of the game, I think a tank build needs to enter the portfolio.

So, though I said I won't be answering questions or responding to this post as I would a guide, I would LOVE some feedback on the posted builds. I'm happy to hear about all aspects of the process and build. (Only honesty helps though ;).)

I have also posted two other builds with the same goal in mind (you can find them here):

- Righteous Fire Chief(tain)
- Max Block Glad(iator) (Trigger Happy)

If you're providing feedback, please keep in mind that my playstyle is low-key. I like:
- very few button presses, 1-button if possible
- as much gear as possible to work for the build (so no required uniques or fancy mods)
- slow gameplaying instead of zoom-zoom.

I don't expect you to play that way at all. Change the build how you like and make sure to play it your way! I want to know how YOU play it and like it. Just keep in mind that I design my builds for my style of play.

Right, one more thing...just keep in mind that some mechanics of the build will become more relevant the further you get into the game.

BUILDS
Passive Tree:
Long Picture
- Path of Building (community version) Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/nSG0w1Va
Passive Tree

Skills Gems (fully level all gems unless it's stated not to):

5/6-Link:
Bladestorm (Any 100% physical melee attack that works with axes will work.)
- Impale Support
- Lifetap Support
- Pulverise Support
- Chance to Bleed Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support

5/6-Link:
Herald of Purity
- Summon Phantasm Support
- Maim Support
- Brutality Support
- Minion Damage Support
- Predator Support

4-Link:
Cast when Damage Taken
- Molten Shell
- Summon Holy Relic
- Summon Stone Golem

4-Link:
Cast when Damage Taken (level 2)
- Desecrate (level 8)
- Flesh Offering (Level 8)
- Purifying Flame (level 12)

4-Link:
Dread Banner
Vengeance
- Hextouch
- Vulnerability

Gear:

Weapon: You'll want a two-handed axe. It has some fun implicit options that suit the build and they have a lower Dex requirement than swords. Eventually, you'll socket your Bladestorm in here for easy colour matching. You're looking for physical modifiers as our damage is purely physical.

For the rest of your gear, you'll want life, resists and armour. We have about 350% armour on the tree so that is something to focus on for sure. You'll want either Armour or Amour/ES bases for easy gem socketing.

K. I think that's it for the builds (totally not guides). Let me know what you think!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Dernière édition par Wrecker_of_Days, le 20 juil. 2021 13:51:34
Dernier bump le 2 août 2021 15:47:43
Wrecker,

Thank you for posting this! I am slowly working towards my version of Surprise Party torn between a Guardian CI/Zealot build, Juggernaut or a Witch will have it finalized this week.

One question, Stone Golem vs Carrion Golem?

Reading a lot of people complaining that Stone Golem AI is buggy this season. Have you encountered that at all? Never played a summoner before so will have no idea what to look for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/l41qqa/do_not_choose_stone_golems_if_you_are_playing/

Thanks again!
Hello Wrecker

To be honest i have build for 3.14 (Soulwrest phantasm necro, previous league Soulwrest phantasm guardian) but i would like to try something new in 3.15.

Of course is to early to decide yet but on my consider list there is Dominating blow/Hop guardian, Chains of commands necro/ascendant and Your Animate weapon occultist.

Now i'm interested this buil as well. I used to use your Trigger happy glad and slo-mo zombies necro before in Harvest and i like that playstyle. As i said is to early do decide which build i use but im sure that if i choose Minion champion i will replace Bladestorm with Cyclone as i like this gem.
Dernière édition par Slaveq, le 9 mai 2021 05:12:53
Hey Wrecker! What a great guide! Can you update this more often please? :)
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for the feedback so far. I really appreciate it. It helps a lot and it gives me a different perspective from playstyles and preferences that aren't my own. As mentioned in the post, I won't be answering replies on these threads as I only have time for the actual guides I currently have posted but I'll be taking a look and seeing what people say/change/prefer. Thanks everyone :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I have been playing this build in standard league. I'm at level 84 and progressing through the atlas. So far, I'm having a lot of fun and the build seems solid.

I love your blue zombie build, but thought this would be a fun change of pace and playing standard allows me to use a few uniques, while leveling, that have accumulated in my inventory.

I do have one question on the notable passive Cleaving. The description has a parenthetical notation that it doesn't apply to areas of effect. Does this mean we get no benefit to Bladestorm? If so would it be better to take the bottom branch of that same tree to pick up the notable Slaughter?
"
Krush_U a écrit :
I have been playing this build in standard league. I'm at level 84 and progressing through the atlas. So far, I'm having a lot of fun and the build seems solid.

I love your blue zombie build, but thought this would be a fun change of pace and playing standard allows me to use a few uniques, while leveling, that have accumulated in my inventory.

I do have one question on the notable passive Cleaving. The description has a parenthetical notation that it doesn't apply to areas of effect. Does this mean we get no benefit to Bladestorm? If so would it be better to take the bottom branch of that same tree to pick up the notable Slaughter?
Awesome Krush_U :). Thanks. I appreciate your kindness! I'm glad the build is going ok. Remember honest feedback only! ;)

I chose Cleaving over Slaughter for all the bleed benefits. Having the +1 to melee not apply to us wasn't a deal-breaker for me. If you're getting rid of bleed, Slaughter would likely be the better choice.

Annnnnd

Wrecker,

Thanks for your reply! I always get in trouble trying to read the fine print. I thought the parenthetical might be invalidating the entire notable for Bladestorm attacks, not just the +1 melee range. I was using the entire branch leading up to Cleaving, but not the notable. I'm very much focusing on Bleeding with 70% chance to apply at this time.

I'm now at level 89 and using both Cleaving and Slaughter. For now, I'm skipping the Redemption notable branch. My latest addition (earlier today) was the Spiritual Command notable. Wow! That makes a huge difference in the game play. With the extra attack speed, I'm seeing how Crimson Dance comes into play. Maybe Slaughter is not greater than Redemption at this point...LOL.

I still love the zombies though! Please, please, please don't replace Zombies if you add one of the 4 new builds!!

Take care.
"
Krush_U a écrit :
Wrecker,

Thanks for your reply! I always get in trouble trying to read the fine print. I thought the parenthetical might be invalidating the entire notable for Bladestorm attacks, not just the +1 melee range. I was using the entire branch leading up to Cleaving, but not the notable. I'm very much focusing on Bleeding with 70% chance to apply at this time.

I'm now at level 89 and using both Cleaving and Slaughter. For now, I'm skipping the Redemption notable branch. My latest addition (earlier today) was the Spiritual Command notable. Wow! That makes a huge difference in the game play. With the extra attack speed, I'm seeing how Crimson Dance comes into play. Maybe Slaughter is not greater than Redemption at this point...LOL.

I still love the zombies though! Please, please, please don't replace Zombies if you add one of the 4 new builds!!

Take care.
Good feedback! Thanks!

Don't worry. Zombies are my favourite. I love RF and Curses but zombies have the key to my heart. So they are the safe ones...if only I could do an RF, Zombie, Curse build that was tanky and had awesome damage...;)

Annnnnd

ok wrecker, you did it again. I should just play your builds. I'm currently lvl 75, and to be honest, running into a pack of mobs, using right hand only, coffee cup in left, and sipping....IMHO it doesn't get much better than that.

I've always enjoyed melee, and have tried witch and necro builds, but taking one step into an area and spamming your minions waiting for the screen to clear...that's not for me. Maybe that's why I've come to the conclusion this game is made for groups and non-melee builds, I read the forums and hear about all these fights I'll never see, a simulcron 20-20, maven, uber elder, even Sirus A8, I've always struggled with conquerors, will doubtfully ever fill an atlas, and this league.. with 4 other failed builds.. haven't even seen a red map.

but I persist, and I'm liking how this build feels. Thanks.

ps at level 76 walked thru uber lab, easiest ive ever done it.
Dernière édition par nicemoki, le 30 mai 2021 10:55:34

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires