[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

Going to play SSF for the first time, starting with this build.
Is the Self cast Toxic rain on the chest mandatory dps wise?
The build is really fun, a bit sad cuz due to changes peoples play less and stuff are a bit expensive atm.
Imma doing a test between self-cast TR and CA+arrow nova, I'll assume that CA+arrow nova will help clear a lot but TR and life gain support should help with a long boss fight.
Also, the Perseverance belt should be translated to Perma Onslaught right? and the bonus from the onslaught should be applied to our Ballista too? I'm still not clear what applied to ballista/totem or not.
"
thedawn2 a écrit :
Going to play SSF for the first time, starting with this build.
Is the Self cast Toxic rain on the chest mandatory dps wise?

No, it is not mandatory for DPS, but it does offer QoL and survivability with the LGoH and Withering Touch. You'll want some way of applying wither on bosses beyond just Withering Step, so you could do any skill that hits. Withering Totem is kinda out because I think it messes with your Totem limit. You could put Withering Touch on your Ballista Totems, but that is taking away a dps gem.

Some people prefer CA for clear... which is fine. This build is a baseline from which you can create it your way. The Feared video in the showcase is actually done without any selfcast, just the totems that were scaled really well.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 5 août 2021 21:19:58
"
ssampiseth a écrit :
The build is really fun, a bit sad cuz due to changes peoples play less and stuff are a bit expensive atm.
Imma doing a test between self-cast TR and CA+arrow nova, I'll assume that CA+arrow nova will help clear a lot but TR and life gain support should help with a long boss fight.
Also, the Perseverance belt should be translated to Perma Onslaught right? and the bonus from the onslaught should be applied to our Ballista too? I'm still not clear what applied to ballista/totem or not.

Hey, thanks and I'm glad you like it. Yeah, it seems so many people have gone FR totems and SST. Due to meta shifts not as many people are crafting the bows, which is tough. Also, they are slightly different to craft. Plus the changes to Empower 3/4 drops has shot those up in price, but that affects any gem level scaling build.

Re: CA+Nova... I see nothing wrong with that... go for it. You lose a gem link for the nova, but do what feels better to you. The issue is applying wither stacks on bosses. As I stated in the last post, consider placing withering touch on your ballista if you choose to go CA+Nova. Or, find another good source of applying wither and let me know your results.

Yes, Perseverance should provide perma onslaught. I just feel that there are so many other valuable mods on a rare belt, that the onslaught is not worth using Perseverance. There is a notable on the totem medium clusters that gives you onslaught when you place a totem... basically perma onslaught for this build.

Totems scale their AS and DPS off you. Buffs and debuffs applied to you apply to the totems. However, totems themselves cannot get their own charges or other on hit effects. Essentially, think of the totems an extension of yourself vs. a separate minion. It's a bit confusing but that is the best way I can describe/understand it.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
ssampiseth a écrit :

Hey, thanks and I'm glad you like it. Yeah, it seems so many people have gone FR totems and SST. Due to meta shifts not as many people are crafting the bows, which is tough. Also, they are slightly different to craft. Plus the changes to Empower 3/4 drops has shot those up in price, but that affects any gem level scaling build.

Re: CA+Nova... I see nothing wrong with that... go for it. You lose a gem link for the nova, but do what feels better to you. The issue is applying wither stacks on bosses. As I stated in the last post, consider placing withering touch on your ballista if you choose to go CA+Nova. Or, find another good source of applying wither and let me know your results.

Yes, Perseverance should provide perma onslaught. I just feel that there are so many other valuable mods on a rare belt, that the onslaught is not worth using Perseverance. There is a notable on the totem medium clusters that gives you onslaught when you place a totem... basically perma onslaught for this build.

Totems scale their AS and DPS off you. Buffs and debuffs applied to you apply to the totems. However, totems themselves cannot get their own charges or other on hit effects. Essentially, think of the totems an extension of yourself vs. a separate minion. It's a bit confusing but that is the best way I can describe/understand it.

Thz for the answer!! that'll help me a ton.
Dernière édition par ssampiseth, le 5 août 2021 20:58:37
gotta say this build is pretty beefy. Never considered evasion as a reliable defensive layer before.
"
AsceticPOE a écrit :
gotta say this build is pretty beefy. Never considered evasion as a reliable defensive layer before.

Hey hey, yeah, glad you like it. The defensive archetype is pretty ubiquitously powerful. I use the same thing with my LS Champ. Evasion, Dodge, Fortify, Windancer, and Champion ascendancies. Personally, I think it’s tankier than your standard max/block character, especially since they nerfed additional fortify.
~Donkster5
btw how do I deal with tanky mobs that move around a lot like Al-Hezmin?

I mean I have no problem killing him since this build is so tanky, but is there anyway to make it less annoying? or do I just have to deal with it?
"
AsceticPOE a écrit :

I mean I have no problem killing him since this build is so tanky, but is there anyway to make it less annoying? or do I just have to deal with it?

So far I've found you just have to deal with it. Fortunately, Al-Hezmin is a little predictable. When he spawns the 3 snakes I drop my ballistas where he currently is then do a lap around the pool. Repeat until the center is free again.
"
Shadowcasuse a écrit :
"
AsceticPOE a écrit :

So far I've found you just have to deal with it. Fortunately, Al-Hezmin is a little predictable. When he spawns the 3 snakes I drop my ballistas where he currently is then do a lap around the pool. Repeat until the center is free again.

Yup, mobile kiting bosses like Al Hezmin are basically a DPS check. Eventually you'll be able to delete him before he starts moving, but until then, just rely on the tank and be glad the totems auto target.
~Donkster5

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires