[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
iGanc a écrit :
Thank you again, please let me know if you'd like me to swing back around and share my experience, I will be happy to do so if it helps you or the community.

You are welcome!

1. Act 9 in one sitting! Casual...? That’s awesome. Found your leaguestarter for 3.15?

2. I found myself hitting progression walls at similar spots (in SSFHC): ~Tier 7 and ~Tier 12/13. I’m really in need of a 6-link.

3. Yeah, i’m no SSFHC player but I’m learning to love it.

4. Do you have any tanky build suggestions or ideas that could use a good guide? I’ve gotten a ton of satisfaction from creating this guide and would do so again with the right build. I’m toying with trying something freeze related as that mechanic itself makes for tankiness.

5. Regarding helping my community, there really isn’t one at the moment. Thanks a ton for sharing your experience and please continue to do so. I’m interested in creating more builds that work (especially SSF friendly tanky ones), passing on what I’ve learned, helping people get better at the game, and if building a community happens as a result, cool!

Most importantly, thanks for being a dedicated husband and father.
~Donkster5
Hello Donkster :)

I'm playing SSF HC full time this league, usually I start SSFHC and then I swap to HC trade later, but I have to say it's been a blast and I'm still not bored while I quit after 1 month usually.

Thanks a lot for your guide :) it's been a blast trying it.

I'm currently lvl 93 and was following your progression, I saw you died :'(
What killed you ?

the only issue I have with this build is ... sustain, I saw a guy play with eternal youth and wicked ward, what are your thoughts on that ?

Anyway thanks again dude, I also followed this thread and you seem like a genuine good guy :)

See you later on the lader

"
Piou29 a écrit :
Hello Donkster :)

I'm playing SSF HC full time this league, usually I start SSFHC and then I swap to HC trade later, but I have to say it's been a blast and I'm still not bored while I quit after 1 month usually.

Thanks a lot for your guide :) it's been a blast trying it.

I'm currently lvl 93 and was following your progression, I saw you died :'(
What killed you ?

the only issue I have with this build is ... sustain, I saw a guy play with eternal youth and wicked ward, what are your thoughts on that ?

Anyway thanks again dude, I also followed this thread and you seem like a genuine good guy :)

See you later on the lader

Hey Piou! Thank you and yeah, I saw you up there with me on the ladder. I’ll be back. That’s my first time to 92 on any HC character.

My death was completely my fault, which is both great and sad. I died to Tunneltrap in the mud Geyser map, because I ran right in front as he spat out his big attack. Just a bad move on my part that I’d normally not do. I was tired after putting in a lot of work hours this week and probably shouldn’t have even been pushing, especially on Mud Geyser. Lesson learned (again).

Regarding sustain, I like the idea, but the pathing to get there eats a lot of passives. I never had an issue with sustain utilizing a hybrid enduring flask and/or a panicked divine life flask. Plus I slotted LGoH in place of a damage gem on my selfcast. If you don’t need the mana from the enduring flask, then just use the panicked flask as if it were a utility flask. The reason this works is you gain plenty of flask charges with the pantheon in ryslatha, keep using the life flask every few seconds for consistent sustain, and also get a huge pop of life if you are under 50% (low-life). Honestly, having low life at 50% is such a huge buff for this build and champion in general... I’m a little concerned it’ll be nerfed next league after being buffed this league.

Between all that, fts/ltf, and enduring cry, I was never below full life for long. Hence my death was one big shot vs multiple little ones like most builds die from.

Edit: I just checked out your gear... I’m jealous. That’s some nice stuff. I hadn’t even gotten one usable six link and you’ve got a really nice bow and a defiance, plus the replica jewel... well done.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 22 mai 2021 13:00:45
"
Donkster5 a écrit :

Hey Piou! Thank you and yeah, I saw you up there with me on the ladder. I’ll be back. That’s my first time to 92 on any HC character.

My death was completely my fault, which is both great and sad. I died to Tunneltrap in the mud Geyser map, because I ran right in front as he spat out his big attack. Just a bad move on my part that I’d normally not do. I was tired after putting in a lot of work hours this week and probably shouldn’t have even been pushing, especially on Mud Geyser. Lesson learned (again).

Regarding sustain, I like the idea, but the pathing to get there eats a lot of passives. I never had an issue with sustain utilizing a hybrid enduring flask and/or a panicked divine life flask. Plus I slotted LGoH in place of a damage gem on my selfcast. If you don’t need the mana from the enduring flask, then just use the panicked flask as if it were a utility flask. The reason this works is you gain plenty of flask charges with the pantheon in ryslatha, keep using the life flask every few seconds for consistent sustain, and also get a huge pop of life if you are under 50% (low-life). Honestly, having low life at 50% is such a huge buff for this build and champion in general... I’m a little concerned it’ll be nerfed next league after being buffed this league.

Between all that, fts/ltf, and enduring cry, I was never below full life for long. Hence my death was one big shot vs multiple little ones like most builds die from.

Edit: I just checked out your gear... I’m jealous. That’s some nice stuff. I hadn’t even gotten one usable six link and you’ve got a really nice bow and a defiance, plus the replica jewel... well done.

Hey !

Oh ok, I get what you say about great and sad, I prefer 100 times dying like that than to a freeze for example :D
I actually dropped a lot of stuff ... I got shav, memory vault, astral projector, I got quite lucky, (10 exalts dropped also)

Yeah about my stuff I had the chance to get 2 weeks of forced vacation at work (I had to took those weeks off or I would have just lost them ... ^^) so I grinded a bit and I farmed the porcupine card before doing this char so I had the bow from the get go and multi modded it later.

Thanks for the tip about sustain and pantheon, I was using another one actually but your speech sold it to me, I'll try that !

I'm gonna look at your profile then if you keep grinding ! :) or you'll grind in softcore ? I think you play both.

Take care and don't kill yourself at work, I hope you like what you do !

Quick update, cycled in a dying sun and the new bow. A fresh pair of boots are technically good to go, but at the moment I prefer the extra chaos res from the old ones. Will change when the new quiver is rolled right. If I can get 50-55 intelligence on an item as an off-roll I can re-spec 5 skill-points for the last cluster as well. Also added the +1 toxic rain by now :)

Uber Atziri:
https://youtu.be/dylWQdRUbXA

Toxic Rain Lv29:
https://imgur.com/a/mW81HuM

Pretty smooth sailing, have to say!
Dernière édition par HUGL1F3, le 23 mai 2021 19:33:37
"
HUGL1F3 a écrit :
Quick update, cycled in a dying sun and the new bow. A fresh pair of boots are technically good to go, but at the moment I prefer the extra chaos res from the old ones. Will change when the new quiver is rolled right. If I can get 50-55 intelligence on an item as an off-roll I can re-spec 5 skill-points for the last cluster as well. Also added the +1 toxic rain by now :)

Indisponible
Indisponible

Uber Atziri:

Toxic Rain Lv29:

That's a dream stuff you have there :D GG
A quick upgrade you could get I think is to use catalyst on rings and amulet :D seeing the rest of your stuff I don't think it should be a problem ^^
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
"
Piou29 a écrit :
"
HUGL1F3 a écrit :

Indisponible
Indisponible

Uber Atziri:

Toxic Rain Lv29:

That's a dream stuff you have there :D GG
A quick upgrade you could get I think is to use catalyst on rings and amulet :D seeing the rest of your stuff I don't think it should be a problem ^^

Yeah, seriously nice gear, HugL1F3. Thanks for adding the video and giving us a console player update. UA seems like it'd be a really hard fight on console but you basically insta-phased her pretty good.
~Donkster5
Ce post contient des objets qui sont actuellement indisponibles.
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
iGanc a écrit :
Thank you again, please let me know if you'd like me to swing back around and share my experience, I will be happy to do so if it helps you or the community.

You are welcome!

1. Act 9 in one sitting! Casual...? That’s awesome. Found your leaguestarter for 3.15?

2. I found myself hitting progression walls at similar spots (in SSFHC): ~Tier 7 and ~Tier 12/13. I’m really in need of a 6-link.

3. Yeah, i’m no SSFHC player but I’m learning to love it.

4. Do you have any tanky build suggestions or ideas that could use a good guide? I’ve gotten a ton of satisfaction from creating this guide and would do so again with the right build. I’m toying with trying something freeze related as that mechanic itself makes for tankiness.

5. Regarding helping my community, there really isn’t one at the moment. Thanks a ton for sharing your experience and please continue to do so. I’m interested in creating more builds that work (especially SSF friendly tanky ones), passing on what I’ve learned, helping people get better at the game, and if building a community happens as a result, cool!

Most importantly, thanks for being a dedicated husband and father.

Hey Donkster5! Thank you for your response, and for sharing such nice words! Yea, I get some "game days" and that was my shot at one sitting haha. Haven't been on too much since, but I did get to 87, and into tier 14/15's. I am still loving this build.

I want to note, I would LOVE to see you make a similar style tanky character with Occultist... I love that class. I used to really enjoy starting leagues with an evasion/wicked ward vortex/cold snap build. The cold, evasion, dodge, and wicked ward always felt very safe. I went low life previously using blasphemy defensive curses with a huge emphasis on Temporal Chains. If you could swing something fresh, I would totally test with you and give thoughts and results!

Anyways, on to this build; some of the only things that I notice are killing me seem to be degen. Haven't found an enlighten, or really invested much into the build. However, I am able to kill safely at these tiers with a 4L self cast, and a 5L totem!! So, pretty darn nice damage absorption. I have to say, my amulet, boots, and potentially both rings should be upgraded for quite a bit more life. That will probably really help.

Some questions:
A) I feel like withering step is very nice, and I swear I notice a good boost to damage to thick monsters when activating it. Do you think this is worth running as my main and dropping withering touch in self cast? If so, do you have any ideas to make withering step as good as possible? This can enable me to use Mirage Archer and LGoH as supports... might be very nice right there. (would need to make my bow a 5L)

B) I found myself with 140-160 resists, so I tried a Thief's Torment ring. Even though I am missing a ring slot, the boost to lgoh and mana on hit felt very nice. But now I think I'm gimping myself but NOT using Vitality. I feel like my next investment should be fitting three auras; Vitality, Malevolence, Flesh and Stone. Do you have any ideas on fighting degen? Wondering how I can bump up my regen some more. This really makes me like the wicked ward idea, but no clue how that would work, since it's a totally different approach!

Some feedback:
i) I wanted to address totems dying quickly in Ultimatums or dense packs. I spec'd through the first two points into Ironwood. Totem life is very nice, and seemed to help a whole lot.

ii) I also dropped all AOE I had from the tree, namely the Versatile Stance cluster. It appears AOE is actually detrimental now for TR. Not sure I feel a different, but saved some points. I feel like things might be dying faster, but it's not that noticeable.

iii) So far, I have come this far with just a quill rain and tabula. Only used 5L in Tabula as to not set myself up for a headache if I can't get a 6L. Basically focused on life and resists, and it feels super great!

iv) Just tried Sirus for the first time on this character, died as always :( I've never been able to beat him. I just can't figure out that fight, I've watched so many videos and attempted it probably 10 times with various builds. I've gotten him down to a sliver on the third stage, but never actually killed. Was hoping it wouldn't be so hard on this build, but I think this is just a gear check fight. 4.3k life is low I know :D

Thank you so much for the build and helping all of us who are trying it out! You are awesome :)
Dernière édition par iGanc, le 28 mai 2021 21:35:45
Heya, Donkster5. Thx for really great build. Killed A4 Sirus without deaths not long ago. 1st time for me, since sirus was added to game. Now finishing T16 maps with no problem. Made some adjustments to self cast chain: switched for caustic arrow with greater volley support. All items cost me about 10 exalts - really low budget for tank build with good DPS outcome. If you have time, can you please check my character? Maybe you have some suggestions for improvement? Looking forward to complete at least 24 challenges and killing shaper, elder and maven. I think this will be no problem to achieve. Thx again for your work to make this build.
"
iGanc a écrit :
Thank you so much for the build and helping all of us who are trying it out! You are awesome :)

I definitely need to work around to the different classes, so maybe I'll give Occultist a shot.

You're doing T14s on a 5-link. That's pretty insane. Especially with a low health pool as you stated later. I assume you've upgraded, but it'll feel really good to do so if you haven't.

A) So, I use 10 stacks of wither as my damage option in the PoB. This assumes that you have 6 stacks from withering step and a few more from withering touch. It really adds up against bosses, and I chose 10 stacks (15 stacks is max) as a conservative average. You'll notice DPS shoot up on bosses if you have a moment to send three or four volleys of selfcast their way. I think my favorite selfcast gem setup is TR-MA-LGoH-WT-VP-SA. I'd go utility first and damage gems last as you get a 5 and 6 link.

The way I use withering step is to just bind it to LMB and have it autocast as I run around.

B) Actually, I'm losing my love for vitality with this build as it takes a fair chunk of mana reservation and doesn't really stack up towards the endgame. It got nerfed pre-3.14 and I think there are better options now. On my SSFHC character that I took to lvl 92, I just ran Malevolence and Flesh&Stone the entire time. I either had a Hybrid Enduring Flask or a panicked life flask in my utility (spam every few seconds) setup in order to keep up life regen. Thiefs torment or other items with LGoH are great. I'm going to update the guide with Scorpion's Call as a BiS quiver option as it really provides a little bit of everything for this build, including life regen in blood stance.

ii) AoE is okay up to a point. Some other TR experts did some testing and, last I heard, ~60%+ seems to be the breakpoint for losing 4 pod overlap. Up to that point you, more or less, have 4 pod overlap. I reformatted the build with that in mind, including keeping versatile stance, Dying sun, and the AoE from Scorpion's Call if you happen to use it. With Dying Sun and Scorpion's Call, you want to get the lowest AoE roll that you can.

iv) Do you have a corrupted blood jewel? If not, get one before you do that fight again. Also, taking on Sirus with a 5-link and a low health pool is... ill-advised ;). If you stick with it, you'll take him down no problem.
~Donkster5

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires