Uniques only Impale Cyclone Champion

3.17 nothing changed.

Pros:
- over 5k Life
- decent Armour (~30k without Granite Flask)
- ailment immunity
- 5 Endurance charges almost always up
- perma Fortify
- don't have Mana issues;
- Resolute Technique

Cons:
- Resolute Technique
- just around 2 million Shaper DpS (without Berserk)

Endgame content viability

Can do confidently:
- T16 AL9 Maps
- Simulacrum up to wave 20
- Elder
- Shaper

Require fight knowledge:
- Sirus
- Uber Elder
- Uber Atziri
- Maven

Very Hard:
- 100% Delirious Maps
- The Feared

Good survivability on T16 maps with Awakening level 9, with latest changes can run even phys reflect. On Hardcore you also need to avoid "multiple projectiles" or maps with many added damage mods. It is not the strongest build out there nor it's the tankiest, it's just good enough for most content.

Champion is chosen because of perma Fortify and extra Impales for damage. And Cyclone feels really smooth, because you do not need to stop moving to deal damage.

Gear

Soul Taker, Siege Axe lets us not to worry about mana, it can be further corrupted for more damage but i'm scared to loose it. You need to prioritise attack speed on it.

Sporeguard, Saint's Hauberk is an overall good item: it helps with Chaos resistance, gives Life, also some extra situational damage reduction. Annoint Purity of Flesh for more Chaos resistance and Life.

Devoto's Devotion, Nightmare Bascinet gives us extra movement speed and Chaos resistance which is nice.

Cyclopean Coil, Leather Belt for Life and attributes.

Aul's Uprising, Onyx Amulet with "Pride Reserves no Mana" is the best amulet for this build. It is expencive though, and a bit cheaper option will be Impresence, Onyx Amulet (Physical version) one: with it you need to switch Pride aura for Blasphemy + Vulnerability curse. The damage will be near the same, but you will lose the Watcher's Eye, Prismatic Jewel damage options (like additional impales, while affected by Pride).

Circle of Guilt, Synthesised Iron Ring with "Herald of Purity has XX% increased buff effect" and "XX% increased Physical Damage while affected by Herald of Purity" is the best ring for our build, but it is expensive especially with good implicits.

The Pariah, Unset Ring with Red socket is good and much cheaper choice.

Also you can use Precursor's Emblem Ruby Ring for Endurance charges generation and some Fire Resistance or The Red Nightmare, Crimson Jewel if you do not have Megalomaniac, Medium Cluster Jewel with Enduring Composure, Enduring Focus or Enduring Ward for Endurance charges generation.

Currently I'm using The Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel Chaos Resistance for survivability and extra Impales which boosts our damage. It can be even more iproved with chance to deal double damage, but the price is smth like ~150 ex for it. Also keep in mind, that without Pride aura this jewel won't give you any damage increase.

Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel gives us Strength, Life and some other stuff (just look for somesing nice: Increased Physical/Melee Damage, extra Life, percentage Strength, reduced Damage from Critical Strikes or Fortify effect). Best place is left to the Marauder we can hit 9 Notables there.

My current Megalomaniac, Medium Cluster Jewel has legacy Deep Cuts in it, but Run Through can be used as well.

Lion's Roar Granite Flask now seems to be the best and cheap damage flask for this build also providing some Armour, so personally I would take like 4 of them :D

My current items are pretty min-maxed, but that's not that necessary, I just like perfect items or items with good rolls. Perfect items could cost quite some currency, but if you are looking for just high enough rolls prices will be much lower (like 1% off perfect item won't decrease your damage/defences, but will be noticeably cheaper).

Labyrinth Enchantments
Helmet:
- "15% increased Cyclone Attack Speed" good in general;
- "Blood and Sand has 40% increased Buff Effect" reliable and good DpS increase;
- "Ancestral Protector Totem grants 18% increased Attack Speed while Active" is a bit situational but cheap.

Gloves:
- "Commandment of Light" can be nice for Consecrated Ground to increase regen;
- "Commandment of Spite" for Chilled Ground to slow enemies even more.

Boots:
- "Regenerate 2% of Life per second if you were Hit Recently";
- "16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently".

Belt: "+300 to Armour while you have Fortify".

What uniques can be easily changed
- Sporeguard, Saint's Hauberk for a rare chest with good Life roll;
- The Pariah, Unset Ring, for a Steel Ring.

Also you can switch to Facebreakers, Strapped Mitts to increase your damage, changing one ring for Praxis, Paua Ring to reduce Mana Cost and get Cold Resistance somewhere else.

Gems
Main Skill: Cyclone + Infused Channeling Support + Rage Support + Brutality Support + Melee Physical Damage Support + Pulverise Support

Guard: Molten Shell on LMB since it's instant.

Movement: Anomalous Leap Slam.
Also it's nice to have Portal somewhere, for example on weapon swap.

Other: Anomalous Reckoning + Anomalous Ancestral Protector + Culling Strike Support + Enhance Support.

Auras and buffs:
- Purity of Elements, Flesh and Stone + Maim Support with Enlighten Support
- Herald of Purity
- Pride, Divergent Dread Banner with Enhance Support + Arrogance Support since this Auras do not reserve Mana in this build.
- Blood and Sand, put it in The Pariah Unset Ring, for +2 levels.
- Anomalous Blood Rage + Enhance Support.
- Berserk to gain big DpS boost for short time.

I'm always using Blood Stance for more damage, because survivability is already good enough.

Bandits and Pantheon
Bandits: just go for 2 points (kill all) option.

For the minor god i'm going for Soul of Yugul, for reflect immunity (50% from Pantheon and 60% from tree).

For the major god- usually Soul of Lunaris for survivability in maps, but Soul of Arakaali can be helpful vs heavy Chaos damage (Chayula for example).

Leveling tips
Before Cyclone in the Act 3, you can level with any skill that you like. Perforate is pretty good skill, use Sand Stance from Blood and Sand for clear. Also Splitting Steel seems to have good damage and clear too, even it's not a melee skill.

For leveling you just path along the endgame Passive tree, maybe skipping some nodes, to faster get Resolute Technique.

At first Labyrinth take Unstoppable Hero, and here we need one of our main skill links be Fortify Support, till second Labyrinth, where you should take Fortitude.

Third Lab is Master of Metal, for extra damage, because we hit maps at this point. And in the last Lab you can take either Inspirational for more damage or First to Strike, Last to Fall for the "cheat death" effect.

Couple good Unique items:
- Belt of the Deceiver, Heavy Belt is really good belt even for early mapping;
- Praxis, Paua Ring helps with Mana cost with Cyclone;
- Relentless Fury, Decorative Axe is a nice leveling axe, tho the damage will fall off pretty quickly.
Dernière édition par Zabarovka, le 5 févr. 2022 14:13:30
Dernier bump le 27 juil. 2021 14:57:23
Good guide. Thank you!
"Look! More hidden footprints!" (2012)

Thanks Blizz/Activision for showing me the right path :)
Any changes for 3.14?
Now there will be a need to fit in an Enlighten Support with Purity of Lightning, Flesh and Stone and Maim. And besides that there shouldn't be any significant changes.
as i can see u removed totem and poachers mark, and added blood rage and vengeance
Dernière édition par nasochekarthes, le 17 avr. 2021 06:19:43
Yeah, placing totem was annoying, so I've removed it. And also decided to get Anomalous Blood Rage to replace Poacher's Mark (for Frenzy Charges generation).
Why is the pob skill gem and skill tree different here ?
Dernière édition par koei1234, le 19 avr. 2021 08:52:45
POB Tree and the one on POE website are not the same, which one to chose mate ?

Also do you have some leveling tree pls ? Ty
"
Awà a écrit :
POB Tree and the one on POE website are not the same, which one to chose mate ?

Also do you have some leveling tree pls ? Ty

PoB tree is a newer version, updated off site link.

As for leveling tree- there is not that much of a change if you pick a better or worse route (good weapon is where the difference lies in), just keep in mind that before level 31 (when Fortify and Impale supports become available) you do not need to get either Fortify or Impale nodes. And you want to get Resolute Technique early.

So I'd start from something like this: https://poeplanner.com/b/dgR and then go from there picking what you need the most in the moment.
Dernière édition par Zabarovka, le 19 avr. 2021 15:43:16
cheers mate

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires