[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

This build going to be viable for 3.22? SSF viable?
"
hsiegfried44 a écrit :
This build going to be viable for 3.22? SSF viable?

Not realy for SSF, I don't think. You really want Skin of the Lords with right colors, but that is the only item I think is limiting the build from being SSF viable. The closest thing to it is Dialla's Malefaction is obtainbale but with it you will lack defences to feel comfortable at sim 30 and ubers. You got the PoB, its up to date. Check the items yourself and decide if you wanna farm for that and to what level.
"
Vennto a écrit :

I can give you a quick rundown here:

Based on your information, I created a PoB just for levelling. With gems per acts and with trees.
I made it to be used with Lailloken-UI

This is available here: https://pobb.in/W0iJnlU-Pxwn

This is also available in exile-leveling.
If someone is interested, go to https://heartofphos.github.io/exile-leveling/#/build and import the above pob link. Will generate a nice view up to white maps.

Note: I tried to make a note somehow that Added lightning could be swapped for added cold or fire, depending on the colors. It shouldn't make a huge difference.

Would you mind providing some feedback? I did very small (personal) adjustments. While it's not meant to be for everybody, I'd gladly update it for everyone interested with your feedback.

P.S. Is there any Discord server dedicated to this build where we can talk more about this things?

@Fire_Archer
Good news: Graphics fix is coming.
Dernière édition par Cry0nicS, le 15 août 2023 15:15:36
"
P.S. Is there any Discord server dedicated to this build where we can talk more about this things?

I actually was just thinking that maybe we can make one. What do you guys say?

Another vote to not flood here?

https://strawpoll.com/PbZqR1qjWyN

Updise: real life time chat for all the holy relic cultists
Downside: forum post gets less updates, me having no clue how to make and keep discord clean
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 15 août 2023 15:29:21
Just create one. People will help, myself included.

From my experience from other similar situations, usually there's someone (like me) coming to Discord and asking basic questions (like "What do I spend my first 5 divines on, since Skin of the Lords will be a week away if it costs 20div).

Someone then answers. Next time this question will be asked again, there will be 3 of us to reply.

If anything, in my experience, the FAQ on the forum gets more updates as the same questions come over and over and the PoB sees more updates thanks to Discord.

Just remember to put a huge button at the top of the first post. Something like this, but with a permanent href.

"
Cry0nicS a écrit :

This is also available in exile-leveling.
If someone is interested, go to https://heartofphos.github.io/exile-leveling/#/build and import the above pob link. Will generate a nice view up to white maps.

Note: I tried to make a note somehow that Added lightning could be swapped for added cold or fire, depending on the colors. It shouldn't make a huge difference.

Would you mind providing some feedback? I did very small (personal) adjustments. While it's not meant to be for everybody, I'd gladly update it for everyone interested with your feedback.

I have basically three things, one major and two minor things.

Lets start with the minor ones:
1. I would be ok with added cold dmg as well on the absolution minions, but you should stay away from added fire. It is not a flat damage increase, therefore it performs far worse than the other two options.
2. You also slot in Convocation in your setup. While certainly usable, I don´t think it is necessary since Absolution-Minions attack from range. I personally would prefer to use the socket in any other manner, even if it would be just to level gems for later.

Now to the big thing: I really don´t get your tree-setup. Your whole beginning-section is completely changed and not suited for Absolution. You went for Minion Instability which is a viable choice for going SRS. In the 4,5h I recorded myself running the setup I specced all skillpoints so there would be plenty of information what route to take and when. If you want to introduce a different approach with going SRS thats fine, but please make sure u dont confuse both setups.
For absolution u want the early spell damage and NOT go Minion Instability. I´d appreciate a correction in regards to the pathing.

"
Updise: real life time chat for all the holy relic cultists
Downside: forum post gets less updates, me having no clue how to make and keep discord clean

Two things can exist at the same time. For me I´d say Discord fulfils a different purpose. You should definately keep all the informations in the forum post. Discord might be more of a (tiny)-community platform where people that struggle can ask specific questions and where we could further explore the builds boundaries, like leagustart-currency, farming strats and what not, everything that is kinda too off-topic from this forum-thread. Also, while still talking forum: I think there are two things missing from the guide: First thing is an in-depth explanation how to allign attack-rate and cdr-trigger rate of the relic, second would be even more in-depths, which would be calculating the correct dmg numbers by hand. Especially for static strike lovers PoB (as far as I know) is insufficient or inaccurate, as it takes the static strike melee hit and I havent figured out how to tell the program to actually calculate damage based on the beam frequency so you kinda have to do it by hand and I think that is pretty hidden information how to do that.
Dernière édition par Vennto, le 15 août 2023 17:02:38
i would love a discord for quick answers , thats for sure.
first time playing this build, not my first rodeo, but always fun to have ppl to talk with and break our brain on things

also, pob 3.22 is same as 3.21 ?
"
Vennto a écrit :

Now to the big thing: I really don´t get your tree-setup. Your whole beginning-section is completely changed and not suited for Absolution. You went for Minion Instability which is a viable choice for going SRS. In the 4,5h I recorded myself running the setup I specced all skillpoints so there would be plenty of information what route to take and when. If you want to introduce a different approach with going SRS thats fine, but please make sure u dont confuse both setups.
For absolution u want the early spell damage and NOT go Minion Instability. I´d appreciate a correction in regards to the pathing.

Thank you. This is really valuable information for me.
Will update the 2 minor suggestions.

Regarding the major suggestion, I didn't make a "special tree" for levelling. I just took the original suggestions from @Fire_Archer, as it provided "leveling trees".

This:
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :

Updated to 3.21
https://pobb.in/YtvyG3hNDqDI

Do you have other suggestions? As in, I tried to stire away from custom tress that require 30 regrets (since we won't have them at level 66). If the only thing is Minion Instability, I can fix that of course. (haven't even thought about it TBH)

Once we get Discord, I could reach out if it's fine for you, so we make a better one.
Dernière édition par Cry0nicS, le 15 août 2023 18:28:19
"
Do you have other suggestions? As in, I tried to stire away from custom tress that require 30 regrets (since we won't have them at level 66). If the only thing is Minion Instability, I can fix that of course. (haven't even thought about it TBH)

As I said before: In my videos I spent all skillpoints, so it would have only taken a few minutes to look up the tree I used. And as I also just explained, of course there are other nodes we focus on due to a different approach to level the build. Also, no one is talking about 30 regrets, where did u get that number from? Clearly not from my videos, since I mentioned literally in Act 1 that it would require 12-14 regrets AT MAX. The route I ended up taking actually required around 6, so even less than that and actually less than Minion Instability. The beauty of Absolution is that you can basically run the final tree with very minute changes right at the beginning, but those do in fact matter.

Since the advice "follow the video" seems not to help I will provide a PoB-Link with trees for every Act and gems myself this evening.

I find it pretty interesting though: why do people need a specific tree for every act when the only thing deviating from the final tree is just the initial 7 starting skillpoints... Will keep wondering why that sort of spoonfeeding is necessary
Dernière édition par Vennto, le 16 août 2023 02:44:51
"
KazQc a écrit :
i would love a discord for quick answers , thats for sure.
first time playing this build, not my first rodeo, but always fun to have ppl to talk with and break our brain on things

also, pob 3.22 is same as 3.21 ?

Yep no changes. Updated to match PoB recent update of 3.22 - https://pobb.in/-7SCgYb67EEY
Main page updated too.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 16 août 2023 07:28:04

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires