[3.12] A Comprehensive SSF Earthshatter Guide [EASY ALL CONTENT]

Thanks for the reminder! Added to the main post.

You kill them all for late game min-maxing with jewels.
Such an amazing guide, thank you! I played this as a starter in a hc private league and it was a breeze, 2-3 shotting bosses. Excited to dip my toe into maps and heists now!
IGN = MonTy
Hi! I'm leveling this build now (I acually enjoy it more than my ED Trickster) and have a few questions.

- I played Earthshatter last league as a Jugg, what are the benefits of going with Champion? (I usually play ranged so apologies for my noob question)
- I'm having some mana issues (at level 46 atm) - where do we work in mana leech into the build?
- Is there a certain amount of attack speed I should aim for to make the slams feel smoother?

Thanks!

EDIT - I see someone asked the bandit question so removing that one.
Dernière édition par Ruxxe, le 25 sept. 2020 20:33:55
Hey Ruxxe! Don't worry about it, every question is a valid one.

"
- I played Earthshatter last league as a Jugg, what are the benefits of going with Champion? (I usually play ranged so apologies for my noob question)

So, basically by going Champion, you get alot more damage, through Impale scaling, and you can be as tanky as a Jugg. Jugg is probabily tankier, but if you stack enough Fortify Effect on gear, you can be pretty close, especially because you have Stun immunity and Elemental Avoidance when on Low Life.. Also, by having perma fortify, you can free one gem slot to get some more damage.

It's also easier to gear while leveling, because of the flat armor and flast phys that you get from your nodes can carry you, even if you have bad gear. That does not happen with Jugg.

TLDR: More Damage and also tanky

"
I'm having some mana issues (at level 46 atm) - where do we work in mana leech into the build?

I used a crappy mana leech jewel early on, and I'm still using it on lvl 95. The goal is to get leech in gloves, rings or amulet, but since is hard to get leech and good stats, jewel is the way to go.

"
- Is there a certain amount of attack speed I should aim for to make the slams feel smoother?

So, I felt the lack of Attack Speed as well, especially on hard bosses. So i'm using blood rage, to get frenzy charges, using a silver flask, and annointing Wrecking Ball. The flask might be overkill, but until I get a Lion's Roar, I think thats good.
Hey Morphlyne! Thanks so much for the response! It's super helpful and I'll look at adding in the mana leech - that's a great idea until I can get better gear.

Appreciate all the help! I'll post updates on how the build is going!
My favorite build in the game so far.
This is also very viable for SSFHC.
Switched from bleed lacerate glad and moved over to this character and holy crap this build is awesome haha. Great to see someone finally make this guide for others to follow! Had some questions regarding the skill:
Would the 10% chance to create an additional fissure out dps the normal AoE of the skill? Also does AoE also change the length of the fissures or does it just boost the AoE of the spike explosion? My PoB is currently showing 1.3mil combined dps and is melting bosses but I'm not too sure how to actually calculate the damage of the skill haha... Just picked up a 650pdps Vaal Axe and I'm just ripping through AL5 content right now lol. Can definitely attest and say that this build feels very tanky especially once you get your permanent fortify as it gets crazy increases from the tree.
Hey Mickey, thanks for your comment!

"
Would the 10% chance to create an additional fissure out dps the normal AoE of the skill?

I don't think I understood the question. From what I understood, yes, since you'll have more chance to procc an additional explosion. If you meant some other thing, i'll be happy to try to explain.

"
Also does AoE also change the length of the fissures or does it just boost the AoE of the spike explosion?

Yes, the AoE change de lenght of the fissures AND the AoE of the explosion. You can test for yourself while using Seismic Cry in a open area. The fissure goes further away from your character. But, since there is always terrain while mapping, is harder to notice.

About the damage calculation, is really hard to POB consider all the factors that actually happen. There is some overlapping, the war cry extra damage, and etc. I'd say the damage is AT LEAST double from at the POB shows, and there is also the overlapping.

And stacking fortify effect is really trully amazing in this build. Especially when you manage to get on the helmet as well.
POB link?
Hi again! Have a couple more questions now that I've made it to maps.

- I see some people on poe.ninja using Blood Magic Support in things like Leap Slam/movement skill set ups. Is there any verdict on this in terms of being good/bad?

- Culling Strike? Some people are using it with Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Curious to hear anyone's opinion about this.

- Any recommendations on keybind setups? Between my Warcries, Molten Shell, Blood Rage and Leap Slam I don't currently have a slot in my toolbar for Ancestral Warchief. I could take LMB off of Move Only, but don't have much practice with that.

- You mentioned that the Divergent Pride gem was worth using - are there any other alt quality gems that are good for this build?

- With Flesh and Stone, should we be in Blood or Sand Stance?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!
Dernière édition par Ruxxe, le 28 sept. 2020 18:09:36

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires