[3.14] Bleedsplosion Bow Gladiator | League Starter | Beginner Friendly | Assailum

"
ShamefulPenguin a écrit :

Shameful Plug

Intro
Spoiler

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to introduce players my take on a bleed bow character. My build guide will show you what I looked for on each individual item. I try to make my builds new player friendly so I apologize if you feel like some of the things I say is repetitive. This build is great for all content, and with the Assailum helmet the bossing will be a lot quicker although it isn't necessary.

There are 2 versions of Bleed Bow I have gone through, being:
- Pride and Cluster Jewels
- Pride and Malevolence (utilizing reduced mana reservation)

I enjoyed using cluster jewels more, becuase it was easier to manage mana and also easier to look for items.

Rain of Arrows is also a viable skill to use in stead of Split Arrow, but I find Split Arrow to be an more enjoyable playstyle.

If you have questions for me, comment on my YouTube for faster replies!

Changelog
Spoiler

3.11 - Build was created :)

Videos
Spoiler

Build Video: Here

PoB
Spoiler

League Start: https://pastebin.com/Zvbwtr7y

Update: https://pastebin.com/5PMVyeAb

Gems
Spoiler

Split Arrow - Fork - Chain - Deadly Ailments - Vicious Projectiles - Brutality

Puncture - Deadly Ailments - Vicious Projectiles - Brutality

Pride - Flesh and Stone - War Banner - Enlighten

Dash - Second Wind - Enduring Cry - Empower

Ensnaring Arrow - Ballista Totem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Maim

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call

Without using Assailum link:
Spoiler

Puncture - Deadly Ailments - Vicious Projectiles - Brutality - Chance to Bleed - Swift Affliction

Gear
Spoiler

My Gear
Spoiler

Keep in mind this gear is my League Start:

Explanation
Spoiler

Bow
Spoiler

Primary:
- [ELDER]60% chance for Bleeding inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage
- #% increased Damage with Bleeding
Attacks have #% chance to cause Bleeding
- #% increased Physical Damage
- Adds # to # Physical Damage
Secondary:
- #% increased Attack Speed

For the Bow, the importance of mods are from top to bottom. But to get the top 2 mods on a bow it will already cost a lot.

For a budget use Lioneye's Glare.

A Citadel Elder bow ilvl 83+ is best to because Elder influence is how you can get the 100% more damage roll and Citadel Bow has the highest pDPS.

Quiver
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life
- [HUNTER] #% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier
- #% to Damage over Time Multiplier
- Adds # to # Physical Damage to Attacks

Secondary:
- #% to Elemental Resistance

An ilvl 80+ Hunter bow is best because it can get damage over time multiplier. On a budget go for life and one of the damage over time multiplier. A Broadhead quiver is best for it's implicit.

Body
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life
- [WARLORD] Socketed Attacks have # to Total Mana Cost
- [CRUSADER] Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing #% of their Life as Physical Damage

Secondary:
- # to Armour
- # to Evasion
- #% increased Armour
- #% increased Evasion

For the body armour, Warlord is best for the reduced mana cost. Crusader explosion is a little overkill because we already have it but if you don't want the warlord mod, then explode is next best.

Many other mods like +# to Level of Socketed Active Skill Gems is good, but I much prefer the mana cost reduction for this build, that way we can reserve more mana and not have to worry.

On a budget get high life and res, and worry about getting a 6 link before trying to get the warlord mod.

Helmet
Spoiler

I highly recommend using Assailum, Sinner Tricorne because the single target DPS is amazing, charging a shot is quick, stronger than a 6 Link, and you will not have to worry about getting 2 6 links on this build!

But, before you get yourself an Assailum, here is what you should get:
Primary:
- # to maximum Life

Secondary:
- # to Armour
- # to Evasion
- #% increased Armour
- #% increased Evasion

Helmet Enchant:
- Dash has +2 Cooldown Uses
- Split Arrow fires 3 additional Projectiles
- 40% increased Split Arrow Damage
- 40% increased Puncture Damage
- 45% increased Puncture Duration

Gloves
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life
- [ELDER/HUNTER]#% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier

Secondary:
- # to Armour
- # to Evasion
- #% increased Armour
- #% increased Evasion

Boots
Spoiler

Primary:
- #% increased Movement Speed
- # to maximum Life
- [HUNTER] Bleeding you inflict deals Damage #% faster

Secondary:
- # to Armour
- # to Evasion
- #% increased Armour
- #% increased Evasion

Amulet
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life
- [ELDER/HUNTER] #% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier

Secondary:
- # to Attributes
- #% increased Armour Rating
- #% increased Evasion Rating
- #% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
- #% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana

Ring
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life
- [WARLORD] Curse Enemies with Level # Vulnerability on Hit (Only 1 Ring)
- [CRAFT] Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost
- #% increased Damage with Bleeding
#% increased Bleeding Duration

Secondary:
- # to Attributes

Belt
Spoiler

Primary:
- # to maximum Life

Secondary:
- # to Attributes
- #% increased Flask Effect Duration

Ryslatha's Coil Studded Belt is what you want, but is expensive. Use Stygian Vise with decent rolls until you get the currency!

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill All!

Leveling
Spoiler

Split Arrow - Chance to Bleed - Pierce - Onslaught

Puncture - Chance to Bleed - Maim

While leveling you will want you chance to bleed to get to 100% ASAP. After 100% chance to bleed it does nothing.

When taking passive tree, you can grab the chance to bleed node on Bloodletting to boost your bleed, then take it off once you get over 100%.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Gladiator

1. Blood in the Eyes
2. Gratuitous Violence
3. Arena Challenger
4. Outmatch and Outlast

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major: Soul of Lunaris

Minor: Soul of Ralakesh

P.S. This is players choice and not mandatory. If you like something else, then go for it!

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+ Easy/Fast Leveling
+ Not Unique Dependent (except if you use Assailum)
+ League Start friendly
+ Off screen clearing
+ BLEEDSPLOSION!
- Expensive Bow
- Cannot do Phys Reflect maps

A question:

Your Lioneye's Fall jewel doesn't effect "Cleaving" Node. Yet you take it.

Is this intended?
"
bloodfish5 a écrit :

A question:

Your Lioneye's Fall jewel doesn't effect "Cleaving" Node. Yet you take it.

Is this intended?

You take it for the faster bleeding which still works.
Can you maybe make a leveling tree in the PoBs or poeplanner or something.

Edit: Disregard.
Dernière édition par tomxlove, le 12 juil. 2020 21:48:29
I was running a similar build and thanks to your build i could improve it. :)

For instance i was using Smoke mine before and Detonate on left mouse button.
It worked great and provided extra runspeed.

But now i am using Enduring Cry on left mouse button and Dash.
This is so much better, i feel more tanky and dash is just quicker.

To be extra tanky i went for max block by using a Rearguard quiver, Glancing Blows, Versatile Combatant and a Rote Reinforcement Cluster jewel. Instead of Heart of the Warrior i am using the Tireless wheel close to Glancing Blows. I am reaching Constitution from Resolute Technique. I put 2 points into Mana Flows just in case to make sure i can use Enduring Cry constantly without running into mana issues.

To deliver the highest bleed, our bow should have the highest physical base damage. Attack rate is irrelevant but unfortunatly part of the physical dps calculation.

So when you compare physical dps of bows you want to have the slowest bow possible to make sure you have the highest hit for your bleed. For that reason Lioneyes Glare is a very bad choice, since it has low base damage and is too fast (82-294 damage on average). For the same price you could buy a Slivertongue bow, which performs way, way better in this build (184-416 damage on average). Now you drop chain and replace it by Chance to bleed. The difference in clear is minimal but rare mobs die quite a bit faster. You basically run a 7 link then.

If you are worried that Snipe gain stages a bit slower now, it helps to know that it will hit alot harder even if it isnt at stage 6.
I was wondering for leveling how should one spec into the passive tree?
Why do you get all the axe nodes? I just dont understand how that helps?
Dernière édition par Amaril013, le 13 juil. 2020 20:26:18
The Lioneye's Fall jewel socketed near them converts those bonuses to apply to bows.
I league started with a bleed bow glad and it was a real blast so I can only recommand this budget version guide to beginner.

The build is an excellent mapper, even on a budget. The only warning I would give is that boss dps isn't so great until you target influenced mods in your gear and include some good cluster jewels.

For survavibility going divine flesh is pretty important in my opinion. We are not extremelly tanky, but since we clear so well it's fine on maps. Again, long boss fights in budget gears will be deadly if you don't know very well the fights.

OP maybe you could include a section for good bases to use Harvest on (or you did and I missed it):
- quiver Hunter for the dmg overtime multiplier (ilvl 80)
- Boots Hunter for "faster" bleed mod (only ilvl 73)
- amulet Elder or Hunter for the dmg overtime multiplier. Hunter if you run Malevolence. (ilvl 80)
- Helmet Elder for the "increased phs dmg taken" mod (ilvl 85)
- Ring Warlord for Vulnerability on hit (ilvl 80)
- Bow Elder for the more bleed mod (ilvl 83)

Most bases can be bought for a 1 c (The bow 5-10 c for a Citadel, of course that's no the case in early league, it was 3-4 ex day 3 when I got it) and spammed with harvest reforge until you hit the good mod and Harvest it further. Doesn't ask currency, just time and map completed for seed growth

The expensive bases (require awakener orb so out of a budget version, but I list some in case it helps) are:
- Bow Elder + Hunter for "more" and "faster" bleed mods.
- Gloves Elder + Warlord for dmg overtime multiplier and culling
- Chest: so many good options... Hunter + Crusader was my choice.
- Amulette Hunter + warlord for dmg overtime multiplier and +1 phys gem and Pride reservation.

Personally I'm working on the Elder + Hunter bow and Elder + warlord gloves. I already have nice single influence version but they will be far inferior to the double inflluenced one. the Amulette will be last.

As for medium cluster jewels, it probably depends a bit on your overall stats but I'm pretty sure you can't beat : wasting aflfiction + either Vivid Hues or Rend. That's 10% faster bleed and 12% dmg overtime multiplier. No competitor dps wise.

+3 minimum frenzy charge should be good to keep gladiator perks on bosses but it's hard to take 1 suffix away on each jewellery for it if you run divine flesh and want curse on hit. I believe you rarther have divine flesh and curse on hit.

Great build, easy to self craft with Harvest. Ho right, I love Harvest crafting so much :D I pretty much bought only item bases and the unique belt, I hope it can stay in some form :)
Well, to be fair. Build is fun, but whoever said in comment that it is easy to craft bow must be a lucker ;/
I wasted like 45 corroded+aetheric fossils to get only 1 bow with 80% phys damage and 15 added phys damage in the end.
Everytime i tried to annul with phys annul or other types of annul i always ended up deleting 60% bleed mod.
So idk in what world you said it's cheap... To count how much i wasted it was easier just to buy 1 from market ;D
Build is fantastic, died only from afking in maps ;>
Cluster jewels i can agree make big difference, even with Lioneye's Glare but with large jewel+2medium with Exposure Therapy and Rend i was easily farming t13-14, even bosses were killed in like 6-10 seconds of running.
So in the end... I wasted all my currency on trying to get bow, as someone called EZ PZ... Don't make my mistake, just buy 2-3 bases and try to harvest craft it, maybe you will get lucky ;c
"
LuckyDesu a écrit :
Well, to be fair. Build is fun, but whoever said in comment that it is easy to craft bow must be a lucker ;/
I wasted like 45 corroded+aetheric fossils to get only 1 bow with 80% phys damage and 15 added phys damage in the end.
Everytime i tried to annul with phys annul or other types of annul i always ended up deleting 60% bleed mod.
So idk in what world you said it's cheap... To count how much i wasted it was easier just to buy 1 from market ;D
Build is fantastic, died only from afking in maps ;>
Cluster jewels i can agree make big difference, even with Lioneye's Glare but with large jewel+2medium with Exposure Therapy and Rend i was easily farming t13-14, even bosses were killed in like 6-10 seconds of running.
So in the end... I wasted all my currency on trying to get bow, as someone called EZ PZ... Don't make my mistake, just buy 2-3 bases and try to harvest craft it, maybe you will get lucky ;c

I don't think it should have been Aetheric-Corroded, maybe Corroded-Jagged. I wasted a few Aetheric-Corroded, and looked at the other bleed bow guide and they suggested Corroded-Jagged. I could be wrong but the fossil descriptors make sense to go Corroded-Jagged, maybe even Corroded-Jagged-Aetheric. I've never really crafted with fossils before so take it with a grain of salt.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires