Most Fun I've Had w/ a Build...? Raider Spell Slinger w/ Cluster Jewels. [VIDEO]

"
LiceDorien a écrit :
Hi,
thanks for this build idea! I was not familiar with the spellslinger concept but it looked quite fun.

I am currently leveling my own spellslinger and I am trying out some ideas to improve this build even further. Especially the defence layers might be improved

Hi! :) I'm glad this build led you to discover something new. PoE is great like that.

"
LiceDorien a écrit :
I have several ideas that I tried out to improve both offence and defence of the build:

1) Offence:
If you want to go into critical strikes you should go all in. This gives you a huge damage boost, if you have a high crit multiplier. To reach this, one can

- grab as many crit chance/multi nodes on the tree as possible.
- use this flask, which gives you probably the biggest boost in effective crit chance (apart from the super expensive Bottled Faith):

- additionally one can curse with Assasins Mark on hit with rings like these to get additional crit chance and to generate power charges, such that we don't need the support gem

Ah, interesting. I get enough Crit that I can sustain Power Charges with PCoC and keep up my "4% increased Physical Damage gained as Extra Fire Damage if you've dealt a Critical Strike recently" jewels (I run three).

As for the Assassin's Mark on the ring. It could be better? Maybe. I run Ming's Heart, and it works pretty nicely for DPS.

"
LiceDorien a écrit :
My setup is still not perfect, but I already reach a 67% crit chance.

For another good damage boost you can link arcane surge to your movement spell.

2) Defence:

Dodge & Evasion
If we grab the Acrobatics node, I think it makes sense to go all in with dodge. It is actually pretty easy to reach 75% dodge/55% spell dodge with this character. Together with high evasion gear I get an 91% chance to avoid melee/projectile hits (so only 9% hit me, which does not help with one shots but gives much more time for life regeneration). For this we need
- all the tree nodes up to Phase Acrobatics
- this flask

- Boots with 10% dodge

- and the Lunaris Pantheon (ok, only if we have taken a hit recently, but still)
- the rest dodge chance comes from the ascendancy
- and take gear with high evasion rolls

Life regeneration
Do you only take your life regen from the Atziri's Promise? I thought this could be boosted further. Some ideas:
- Amulet with physical/fire damage life leech like this (no attack damage leech, which is useless for us as we only use spells, except for the Frenzy skill)

- life gain for each spell hit, which you can get on rings - as we hit very often with our spells this should give us decent instant life gain. I currently use this on both rings and it works pretty well

Interesting. I run CwDT + Steelskin and the first node of Acrobatics only, bc of Passive Point restrictions, but definitely try out some other things and LMK if anything's working for you better in aggregate.

"
LiceDorien a écrit :
Reduced damage taken
As we still have some free gem slots, one could either use Shield Charge + Fortify to reduce damage taken or use an immortal call + CWDT (but I think fortify is stronger, but needs additional button hits).

This is my current PoB - still work in progress, but works pretty decent already: https://pastebin.com/MJ5Lnfm0

Thanks for your build inspiration and keep up going with the build!

Your Passive Tree looks great. Nice Large Cluster Jewels! :)

As for me...

I've hit 94. Upgraded some jewels... And yeah, it handles T16s nicely. I've tried Simulacrum only once, got to the 18th wave. I think this build can do it, but I've only attempted the content once.

GL 2 everyone :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Thanks for sharing your adventures. I play SSF as well and appreciate the need to take advantage of what can be found/craft.

Something i am doing is using my projectile attack in a 4 link to curse on hit. Mind you, after see you use culling strike, I am thinking of switching and adding blind as well.

Dernière édition par Schnoodlez, le 29 mai 2020 13:28:48
"
Schnoodlez a écrit :
Thanks for sharing your adventures. I play SSF as well and appreciate the need to take advantage of what can be found/craft.

Something i am doing is using my projectile attack in a 4 link to curse on hit. Mind you, after see you use culling strike, I am thinking of switching and adding blind as well.

Yes, that's a good setup. (A lot of different things can work, and it's fun to shift things around to see what feels better for different types of content...)
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires