[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
Heartcarver a écrit :
https://pastebin.com/H25jL2su

Id appreciate if you took a look and told me what glaring mistakes I've made using your build :)

Dont get me wrong, Im not criticizing the build at all, I got super lucky that league with some 6 links and drops which helped a ton.

This build was my starter this league, Im around ~145 maps done and ~50 awakened bonus so far, without buying any maps which is nice

Here's what I see:

Issue 1: Get a helmet with both Minion Life and Minion Damage supports
• This is your single biggest improvement: 50% or more increased damage.
• These helmets are easy to find and cheap; I have a spare one you can have for my cost of 40c, but there’s plenty of others around, and if you are adventurous you can fossil craft one with any elder base.

Issue 2: Signal Prey was not checked in PoB; assuming you are good about marking bosses this should be checked for better damage estimate.

Issue 3: BiS helmet will also have 30% increased elemental damage essence mod. This one is significantly harder/more expensive, but is optimal because it is a suffix, and therefore your helmet still has room for a life roll. If you don’t care about the life roll the max damage affixes are minion life, minion damage, and concentrated effect; still expensive but easier to get as you can still fossil craft.

Implementing these three points and changing nothing else, your HoP detonation damage goes from 375k to 916k. Updated PoB below; just toggle between the different helmets to see the effect; Signal Prey is in the config.

https://pastebin.com/Bim5GxCV

Much appreciated input!!!

I'll grab a new helm and see how it goes. I think with a few more levels and re-taking the life nodes my survivability should go up a bit too. I've been paying attention, and its mostly maps with Vulnerability that kills me.

I completely missed the checkmark in POB - thank you. I got a normal helmet with resists + life for now and minion damage... will work towards the better one.

Edit Update (~700k now with instability in POB and new helm)
Dernière édition par Heartcarver, le 29 sept. 2020 19:59:51
"
Heartcarver a écrit :
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
Heartcarver a écrit :
https://pastebin.com/H25jL2su

Id appreciate if you took a look and told me what glaring mistakes I've made using your build :)

Dont get me wrong, Im not criticizing the build at all, I got super lucky that league with some 6 links and drops which helped a ton.

This build was my starter this league, Im around ~145 maps done and ~50 awakened bonus so far, without buying any maps which is nice

Here's what I see:

Issue 1: Get a helmet with both Minion Life and Minion Damage supports
• This is your single biggest improvement: 50% or more increased damage.
• These helmets are easy to find and cheap; I have a spare one you can have for my cost of 40c, but there’s plenty of others around, and if you are adventurous you can fossil craft one with any elder base.

Issue 2: Signal Prey was not checked in PoB; assuming you are good about marking bosses this should be checked for better damage estimate.

Issue 3: BiS helmet will also have 30% increased elemental damage essence mod. This one is significantly harder/more expensive, but is optimal because it is a suffix, and therefore your helmet still has room for a life roll. If you don’t care about the life roll the max damage affixes are minion life, minion damage, and concentrated effect; still expensive but easier to get as you can still fossil craft.

Implementing these three points and changing nothing else, your HoP detonation damage goes from 375k to 916k. Updated PoB below; just toggle between the different helmets to see the effect; Signal Prey is in the config.

https://pastebin.com/Bim5GxCV

Much appreciated input!!!

I'll grab a new helm and see how it goes. I think with a few more levels and re-taking the life nodes my survivability should go up a bit too. I've been paying attention, and its mostly maps with Vulnerability that kills me.

I completely missed the checkmark in POB - thank you. I got a normal helmet with resists + life for now and minion damage... will work towards the better one.

Edit Update (~700k now with instability in POB and new helm)
Glad to help! Your comment about survivability got me checking in to your gear a bit deeper and it looks like you aren't running a watcher's eye, and you also have relatively little armor on your helmet/gloves/belt/boots. A good stygian vise by itself can give 400+ armor, you are looking for 300 or so minimum. Gloves should be 200-400 armor, and same for helmet. You are investing a lot to run Determination and all the armor nodes, but without the baseline armor to amplify you will still feel squishy.

I also recommend the watcher's eye flat physical reduction with Determination for a tasty additional 6-7% on top of that. Do all those things and you should have a much smoother experience.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 29 sept. 2020 20:57:24
So - small update here. Based on your feedback I grabbed a watchers eye for 20c - divined it for 8% phys resist

Someone was selling a helmet that was armor, exactly what you described for 50c... definitely had to grab that. Swapped out the belt for a higher armor version, and changed my ring + used catalysts on Auls Uprising + Circle of Guilt. The only suggestion I cant do much on currently are gloves - as none exist in a higher armor version that would work for me currently (need the dex on those) All in all, my phys resist went up a considerable amount and my damage in POB is 905 currently with instability. Definitely feels smoother on T16 map bosses anyway, go down much quicker.

Managed to get 30% Chaos resist while I was at it too and of course ele resists maxed. Sitting at 19k armor and 73% phys resist

All in all, I think this is roughly as good as I can get without going crazy min maxing. Feels a it tankier than it previously did

"
Heartcarver a écrit :
So - small update here. Based on your feedback I grabbed a watchers eye for 20c - divined it for 8% phys resist

Someone was selling a helmet that was armor, exactly what you described for 50c... definitely had to grab that. Swapped out the belt for a higher armor version, and changed my ring + used catalysts on Auls Uprising + Circle of Guilt. The only suggestion I cant do much on currently are gloves - as none exist in a higher armor version that would work for me currently (need the dex on those) All in all, my phys resist went up a considerable amount and my damage in POB is 905 currently with instability. Definitely feels smoother on T16 map bosses anyway, go down much quicker.

Managed to get 30% Chaos resist while I was at it too and of course ele resists maxed. Sitting at 19k armor and 73% phys resist

All in all, I think this is roughly as good as I can get without going crazy min maxing. Feels a it tankier than it previously did

I actually laughed out loud at this, because I almost bought that same helmet! The only thing stopping me was no life roll; still though a good deal. What's your life at now? if you are close to 6k you should be set, although you could probably get away with a bit less. Glad to hear your damage is feeling better too; your MI explosions should be hitting for roughly 2x their original damage.
Life is at ~5500 but, I have another few life nodes unspecced still I put towards the extra minion damage clusters, I think once those are done and I upgrade my ghastly's ill be at ~6k without life on helm

Debating on switching Pantheon to Solaris for the crit reduction though, since usually my deaths are insta hits (or Ive got vuln on and dont realize im bleed as I move...) - told ya Im bad at game :)
I am considering respecing my HoA max block gladiator into this. Not sure if I want to do an ascendancy respec yet.

Would a gladiator be able to pull this off?

What would the drawbacks/differences be?
I am thinking:
+ Max Block
- No Taunt and increased 20% damage.

I really want to try the HoP damage out since I am lacking single target. Plus the life regen is one of the few/only defence layer my max block glad is missing.

Also how good is this build for Legion and Blight encounters/maps?
"
Rakio a écrit :
I am considering respecing my HoA max block gladiator into this. Not sure if I want to do an ascendancy respec yet.

Would a gladiator be able to pull this off?

What would the drawbacks/differences be?
I am thinking:
+ Max Block
- No Taunt and increased 20% damage.

I really want to try the HoP damage out since I am lacking single target. Plus the life regen is one of the few/only defence layer my max block glad is missing.

Also how good is this build for Legion and Blight encounters/maps?

To your first question: I've never tried with Glad before, would you still be at max block without your shield's block chance? We loose that because of necromatic aegis so just want to make sure.

Another issue I see is you will need to pick up resolute technique (not a big deal), but also keep in mind your HoA crawler will also be less effective as we don't take minion accuracy nodes. in my PoB that's looking like a 25% reduction in HoA damage; not the end of the world but something to be aware of. HoP-MI damage should be unaffected as it isn't an attack so you are good there.

As for blight/legion encounters I've not really played other meta ranged builds so can't comment to that, but I'd put it above most melee builds for blight because of HoA's range. Legion encounters are fine too with the caveat that you do occasionally get unlucky with HoP spawns for a couple seconds which can slow you down in clearing. I hope that helps!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 1 oct. 2020 15:38:03
"
Heartcarver a écrit :
Debating on switching Pantheon to Solaris for the crit reduction though, since usually my deaths are insta hits (or Ive got vuln on and dont realize im bleed as I move...) - told ya Im bad at game :)
You can also consider picking up Sanctum of Thought, maybe dropping Faith and Steel for some of those points as it looks like you are fine on ele res.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 1 oct. 2020 17:16:45
Hello sir,
For my update on the build : I love it ! I love everything about this build, so relax and chill to play, even in red maps.
Can you check my character and see what do I have to change ? I'm a bit lost at which item I should buy firt.

Thank you dude :D
Starting out with this build and it's tons of fun. Clearspeed feels awful, but I'm guessing it'll get a lot better once I get a proper coloring for Calamity so I can use my 6th socket for pierce, and once I get a couple more levels on the HoA gem cause of its insane level scaling.

I swapped auto-fortify ascendancy out for adrenaline and instead put fortify in inc aoe's place, cause I mostly intend to use this for bossing and an extra layer of recovery will be great.

Is it worth it to go anomalous pierce for 6 targets pierced by agony crawler? Seems like I'd help a lot with the clear and it's not too expensive. Also I noticed you use quicksilver flasks in PoB despite having MS locked by Stampede. Am I missing anything here?
Dernière édition par Cypher121, le 2 oct. 2020 12:50:47

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires