[3.7] Diabloyd's Avatar of Voidforge Jugg Cyclone / 7K+ HP / 3~4M+ Shaper DPS

Hi, if you're interested, check out my Berserker version of this build!
[3.7] Diabloyd's Avatar of Voidforge Berserk Cyclone / 6~8K HP / 5~8M+ Shaper DPS / 2 Variations
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2558447
3.7 Diabloyd's Frenzy Void Slayer / 3~4M Shaper Dps / 8 Endurance Charges / Very versatile
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2586812
3.7 Diabloyd's Icy Cat Flicker Raider / 5M+ Shaper DPS / Sword & Shield / Fast & Boom
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2595368
-----------------------------------------------

Initially I was playing a Berserker Version, but since the Legion mobs have unreal damage, plus Berserker's AoE is kinda small, I then tried out the Jugg and it actually surprised me in every aspect.

Here's a GIF showcase(videos are below).

Here's a GIF showcase for phys mitigation with Abyssus.

Showcase Note:
Spoiler
To to this, you can't just stand still and do nothing, there are conditions.

-Pantheon. You'll need Soul of Solaris and Soul of Tukohama.
(you'll need to stand still to trigger Tukohama, you can do that while Cycloning by clicking the same point you're standing)
-Fortify.
-Maximum endurance charges.
-Infusion buff from "Infused Channelling".

The GIF in the guide has all these buffs up, and I think it has also triggered the "20% chance to take 50% less Area Damage from Hits" from Soul of Solaris.

But even if it didn't trigger Solaris (which basically means the damage will be doubled), the slam damage is still kinda small.

The basic concept of the build is using Avatar of Fire and the underrated Voidforge, with some damage conversion and tons of fire resistance reduction, dealing decent damage without investing in any crazy expensive shit.
And, at the same time, being a THICC JUGG.

With my current Legion character (level 95), I have:
- 3.7M burst dps to shaper/guardians/elder (2.7M without charges)
- 7.3K HP
- 30% increased Fortify effect.
- 77% max fire res, 76 max cold/light res.
- 7 endurance charges.
- Cyclone Radius 40 with Pulverise, and 30 without it.

DPS note:
Spoiler
extra damage from Shock is NOT included here, so it's actually higher than the result of PoB shown. For example, you can see from the GIF above, Mino died in less than 3 sec, which means I was dealing more than 4M true DPS to Minotaur.

Defensive note
Spoiler
I'm using Abyssus by default, if you're not comfortable with this, there are alternatives mentioned below.
The alternative method does not use Abyssus anymore, but can still have 6 to 7K hp as well (depending on what chest you're using) without losing too much dps.

In general, you face-roll most things in this game with a reasonable budget

Contents I've done:
-All guardians
-Shaper
-T15 Elder
-Uber Elder
-Lvl 83 Mastermind
-4 Legions encounter.

Videos:
Spoiler
Uber Elder: https://youtu.be/YfohfdEt-yg
T16 Regular Farming: https://youtu.be/q7QSsVoEPaE
Minotaur Nuke: https://youtu.be/0TRyCcaHlYM
Face-tanking T16 Eradicator: https://youtu.be/44vJVA8r0Z0

Phoenix without Abyssus:
https://youtu.be/3pR9ukeZzkQ
For demonstration purpose, I used a map with 30% more life and 98% extra cold damage.Still took only 5 sec to kill Phoenix, effectively 3.2M DPS.

My PC sucks, so don't mind the quality and the occasional screen freeze.

And here's an extra Uber Elder video by timrclarke: https://youtu.be/ob_BSfRv2vA

Defensive Mechanics:
Spoiler
Tbh there's not much to say about defensive, it's basically just....being a Juggernaut.

But hey, Immortal Call has received a rework. So there IS actually something new to say about.

With the new IC mechanic, the damage mitigation is huge for Juggernaut, it also mitigates elemental damage and dot damage.
IC can only consume up to 5 endurance charges for now, but this is actually good. With 7 maximum end.charges by default, you can have at least 2 end.charges all the time. This means CWDT+IC has basically no downside for Jugg.
And with the 2 end.charges, you can even consider it them as "8% all ele res" by default, which means less pressure to get res on items.

Plus, we have 7K+ HP.

Offensive Mechanics:
Spoiler
So we're using Voidforge and Avatar of Fire.
Let me explain:
1, Why Voidforge?
Cause it's simply good and associates very well with added physical damage (from Abyssus, for example.
2, Why Avatar of Fire?
Due to Voidforge's "random" element damage, it is hard to benefit from elemental resistance reduction. So we basically convert most of our damage to Fire, and benefit from the huge amount of fire resistance reduction. To do this, Pyre is a must, Call of the Brotherhood is optional (not recommended), and the passive "Winter Spirit" is also optional (also not recommended).
3, What fire res reduction?
With level 1 CWDT, link in Wave of Conviction, and the Combustion Support, these gems alone can lower the enemy 44% fire res. And since we don't have any evade/dodge chance, it's almost guaranteed to trigger.
Also, we can get 15% fire penetration from The Wise Oak (you don't need to balance your res, just make your fire res the highest.)
4, What damage can the ascendancy(juggernaut) itself provide?
First, Undeniable, which gives you tons of accuracy, with the mechanic changes of accuracy in 3.7, basically means "Enemies can't evade your attacks".
Secondly, the AoE provided by Unyielding is also quite impressive, buffing up the damage indirectly.
5, What type of damage do we deal?
We deal pure fire damage, with crits.

Gears and Items I'm using, with explanations:
Spoiler

1, Unique Helmet (Optional)

Estimated cost: 3c

Since we're Jugg, fear not to use this, huge DPS buff. The best enchant you can get is "Cyclone 15% attack speed".
Or, if you think the damage is enough, you don't really need this.
Check the non-Abyssus video above, make your own choice. :)

2, Unique Body Armour

Estimated cost: 1.5 Ex

500 Life, up to 40% fire damage. Why not?

3, Unique Weapon

Estimated cost: less than 1ex (excluding the 6L cost

Well, it's 10 times cheaper than Starforge.

4, Unique Amulet

Estimated cost: around 2 Ex.

The point of using this is to save a lot of passive points. So if you don't have it yet, just allocate Avatar of Fire on your passives tree.

5, Unique Ring

Estimated cost: 1 chaos

This ring, along with Voidforge and Avatar of Fire, provides huge amount of damage.

6, Rare Ring

Estimated cost: ???

Just get any decent ring with added phy damage, ele attack damgage, life and res.

Of course, it's ok to get a curse on hit ring, but a normal rare one can do just well.

7, Rare Gloves

Same as the rare ring, get a good one that you can afford. And it would be nice if the gloves have an empty prefix for the "+1 range" craft.
You can also use physical conversion gloves, here's some detail about it:
Spoiler
You can get Incursion Mod Gloves with 25% phys converted, and craft another 25% phys conversion on it, which will give you 50% phys conversion in total.
Edit: No you can't craft it anymore, think it was a bug fixed.
(or you can just get a Hrimburn with 50% phys to cold)

With 50% phys conversion on the gloves, the damage buff is roughly 15%, which is not bad at all.

I chose not to use it because I really need some extra life and res on my character, and 15% damage buff is not enough. Unless I get a pair of very good gloves with T1 life and res, along with 25%+25% conversion on it.(but we know that's very rare and unrealistic).
Hrimburn is a straight loss for life/res, I will not consider it. If I'm using a unique glove, I'd rather use Oskarm, which gives some damage, some life, and free Assassin's Mark. (and this is 15% damage buff as well)

However, if you're not using Abyssus, this is absolutely a viable choice. You can get some thicc life/res on your helm, and simply use a Hrimburn to make up the dps loss.

Or if you'd prefer more AoE, a pair of 25% conversion incursion gloves with a "+1 range" on it should be a decent choice.

Note: Phys to Cold has the highest damage output (due to Hatred's more cold damage), the second one is Phys to Fire and the last is Phys to Lightning.

8, Rare Boots

Estimated cost: 20+ chaos

The only important thing is to get 30% movement speed, you'll need it. Aspect of the Spider is optional, I crafted this one myself. You can craft the Aspect of Spider on any rare item you like.
And don't forget to get enough Dex and Int on your rares.

The best enchant for boots are:
-10% ele penetration if haven't killed recently, for single target boss dps.
-16% attack speed if killed recently, for general mapping.
-2% life/mana rengerated when hit, for general recovery buff.
-8% spell dodge when hit by a spell recently, for general defensive buff.

9, Rare Belt

Estimated cost: 20+ chaos

Something like this, Stygian Vise is recommended.

10, Unique Jewel 1

Estimated cost: 10-15 chaos

Put this jewel in the socket above the notable passive "Juggernaut". It provides 70% crit multiplier. It's optional, but strongly recommended.

11, Unique Jewel 2

Estimated cost: 3-4 Ex

What we need is the crit chance with Hatred. It's optional, but strongly recommended.

12, Flasks

These are merely some examples, the flasks' combination is totally up to you. The only expensive one is the Lion's Roar, cost me 60c to buy it.
My personal preference is:
Diamond Flask + Wise Oak + QuickSilver + Blood of the Karui.
The last one will be:

-Lion's Roar for end-game boss
-Silver Flask for general mapping.
Estimated Cost:
Wise Oak: 15-30 chaos
Lion's Roar: 40-60 C
(excluding the normal flasks since you basically craft them yourself)

13, Legion Jewel. This might be a special one, in case you want to use the exact same setup as mine, find a Legion jewel called "Lethal Pride", with 10614 under Kaom.
Check the "Passives" below for more information.
Keep in mind, you'll need at least one "5% chance to deal double damage" on your Legion Jewel for double effect of Shock.

14, Jewels
Estimated cost per jewel: 10-40 chaos

I'll just list the stats you need on the jewels:
-Life
-Critical strike multiplier (Global, or other types of Crit multiplier.
-Attack speed.
-Res (if you need)

Here's an overall view of my gears:
Spoiler

Alternative Items:
Spoiler
1, Rare Helmet

Estimated cost: 2+ Ex

This is just an example, imagine the helm enchant being "Cyclone 15% attack speed". The way you do it is go buy a helm with Cyclone enchant, and craft it with Pristine+Scorched fossils.
Stats you'll need is as much life you can get, and the -9% fire resistance.

2, Unique body armour (recommended)

Estimated cost: Around 1 Ex (with good roll, excluding 6L cost)

This is also just an example, all the rolls matters except for mana, ES and rarity.
But the most important one is 78% max res.
It can provide lots of damage with a decent roll. And this plus the helm I mentioned above is what you can do to make up with the damage loss for not using Abyssus.

3, Other unique body armour

Estimated cost: not worth mentioning.

-Carcass Jack for even more AoE radius, the colors can be a little bit tricky tho(the AoE effect is now up to 50%).
-Belly of the beast for lots of life, and the increased life flask effect also makes Blood of Karui even better.

4, BIG maim Life chest

Sorry but I do not have a link for it, but it's basically a rare life chest with "socketed gems are supported by level 1 maim" on it. If possible, an Elder chest with "Attacks have #% crit chance" would be very nice.
Check this video from ZiggyD Gaming, he explained how to make it:
https://youtu.be/pNffIekoz78

Gems & Explanations:
Spoiler
Body Armour 3R2B1G:
6L: Vaal Cyclone - Fortify- Elemental Damage with Attacks - Combustion -
Infused Channelling - Melee Physical Damage / Pulverise

If 5L:
Vaal Cyclone - Fortify - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Combustion - Infused Channelling

Explanation:
Spoiler
- A normal Cyclone can do just well, I use Vaal Cyclone for the lazy one button clear.
- Fortify is in a very good spot, although it does not provide the most damage, it can be very comfortable to use, and since you don't need to "leap slam" to keep up the fortify buff, it buffs your dps indirectly.
- Combustion provides fire damage and lots of fire res reduction.
- Infused Channelling is the most busted gem here. The damage buff itself and the "Infusion" buff it provides gives you roughly 52% more damage, AND it gives you 8% phy damage reduction for free.
- Use Pulverise instead of Melee Physical damage if you want more AoE.

4L, 2R2B:
Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 1) - Wave of Conviction (under level 7)
- Increased Duration (max lvl & quality) - Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble (lvl 5)

Explanation:
Spoiler
You use lvl 1 CWDT to trigger the Wave of Conviction for easy -25% fire res.
But why Inc.Duration?
-Inc.Duration can let the Wave exist a longer time, thus increasing the length and AoE of the Wave.
-"Increased AoE" however does not increase the AoE of the Wave, it increases the travelling speed of the Wave.
-Use Assassin's Mark for more damage, and Enfeeble for survivability.

3L, 3R:
Cast when Damage Taken(Max lvl) - Immortal Call (Max lvl & quality) - Increased Duration(Max lvl & quality)

Explanation:
Spoiler
Immortal call's basic duration is 1 sec, but every end.charge consumed only increases the duration by 20%, that means 100% increased duration buffed by end.charges.
So the Increased Duration Support plays a very important role here, as well as the quality of Immortal Call which gives you 20% inc duration as well.

Auras/Mana reservation skills:
-Hatred
Good damage buff, especially with the Watcher's eye.
-Blood and sand
Use blood form for more damage, and sand form for more AoE.
-Flesh and Stone (optional)
You gain no extra damage from the blood form, but you can have an extremely good defensive buff with the sand form that provides nearby blind and less damage taken from far away.
-Herald of Ash (optional)
Damage is not ideal for single target, but can help with the clearing (and you have a chance to showcase your herald MTX)
-Herald of Purity (optional)
Good damage buff.
Aspect of the Spider (optional)
My personal favorite. Hinders the enemies, and gives you roughly 13-14% more damage since we only have "covered in ash" as another "damage taken increased" modifier.

Other skills:
-Blood Rage
Good damage buff. Keep it up all the time.
-Leap Slam
A good travel skill, you can also use other ones like Dash or Frostblink.
-Vaal Ancestral Warchief.
Why not Ancestral Protector? Because the Vaal Warchief can jump and move itself, suits better with the Cyclone playstyle.

Bandits & Pantheons:
Spoiler
I recommend Kill all. You can swap to Alira if you want.
I use Lunaris for general mapping, and Solaris for bossing (and maps with crit mods).

Passives:
Spoiler
This is the general passive tree for lvl 95 (Help Alira):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAEBAD38cg-UbxRN3CMB5wd1WfMYkRuq_EvzjRv67nr3MrXy02826DWSj2D-jwUt3DKXCCXfxtgS4XfjwKbwxPoYwQdOKkMxOlLAAWZU2XwB3IIHJy_h7_PddueMz18_qSfFU9w9rQnvDoZgFCB07byf2L3AGodqOFNjF76nhNl2rA48IVUUcXKp2sGTDzrhR34t0lhjqZT46_4KkGzPfha7GjjqGAU8qW4uU5hvpBn3ucEEu-0Gxnlokc4ttFFjkFVIeIjt5c9vO6Lq135oZeRRvTb0g0z_eA3HGVBHZU2sqvZIkn2fPq2NpldN431zYVJ67_JFIq9Yr4Tv

This is the passive tree for the alternative Loreweave, also lvl 95 (Alira):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAEBAFnz_EsYkfcytfLAAY9gBS13404qhmCYb3fl4e92518_qSfFU7yfxxl07b6nR36TDxa7LdLqGM9-LlO77QbG97kttJBVSHiI7W87137kUfSD-hifPsbYTeOXCCFg8kVlTRRNwBoHdRuq7nqRztNvNZL-j307wKbBB0MxOlJyATD4vTbls_PdjM_cPe8OFCD2SDhTYxd2rA48FHHawVhjqZT-CgU8QKAB3PONhO862KZXfXPBBNwyaGVhUqyqggeSfeXPEuGi6ngNrQl5aFBHhNlM__jrJy8aOFFjkGypbnKpOuF67yFV2Xw26PDEh2rYvT38Iq9Yr9wj

This is the passive tree I'm using myself due to the Legion Jewel's special interactions with the passives, lvl 95, Kill ALL.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.0/AAAABAEBAAHnWfP8SxiR9zK18sABj2AFLXfjPfyGYJhvggfh73bnXz-pJ8VTvJ826HTtvqdHfpMPFrst0oTZz34uU7vtBsb3uS20kFVIeIjtbzvXfuRR9IMS4foYnz7G2E3jlwghYPJFpBkUTcAaB3Ubqhv67nqRztNvNZL-j307wKbBB0MxOlJyAVFj5bPz3YzP3D3wxBQg2L04U2MXdqwOPBRx2sFYY6mUv9VEnlO7BTyE7_ONJd9672FSfXPBBNwypleSffZIrKplTeXPUEei6scZeA1oZb02TP95aCcvqW7qGBo4kGz46zrhcqkhVdl8h2rvDq0JAdxOKiKvWK_cIw==

Btw, the Legion jewel I'm using is

By putting this in the socket near Golem's Blood, it provides extra stats on my passives.
In my case: this specific Legion jewel provides:
40% fire res
20% melee damage
10% fortify effect
10% crit damage reduced when hit
5% chance double damage
60 strength

Ascendancies:
Spoiler
You'll need:

Undeniable for 100% hit chance
Unflinching for end.charges
Unyielding for THICC AoE

The last one is up to you. I'd prefer Unstoppable for movement speed and immunity to slows.

Map mods limitations:
Spoiler
The only one that you 100% can't run is "Elemental damage reflex".

As for other map mods:

90% to avoid ele ailment. You can't destroy the corpse that efficient anymore (Pyre's effect).

Cannot regen life/mana. Cannot regen mana can be painful sometimes, you'll have to manage your mana.Or you can just get a "-7 mana cost" on your ring to counter this.

Map curse won't matter since you'll take "curse immunity" flasks. Temporal Chains won't matter if you're using the ascendancy "Unstoppable".

You can still potentially get one shot with extreme damage mods, especially some of the Legion mobs. (You should be careful of these kinds of mods in general.)

[Trivia]
-Path of Building (my current character).
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/wm8ug80t
Voidforge is not properly calculated by PoB (it won't recognize "random element"). So you'll have to edit it yourself.
Add these mods to your Voidforge:
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage

Legion Jewels are still unavailable, so I've added a jewel myself with all the stats on it.

-My Ninja link:
-My character link:
-Reddit post linked to this guide:

-Some minor leveling tips (passive route):
Dernière édition par diabloyd, le 17 juil. 2019 10:48:57
Dernier bump le 26 avr. 2020 05:13:02
Google thought I'd like it... I do!

I'm still trying to make dw slayer but you gave me a decent idea with the unique jewel.
ign PhysicalActivity
Wrong posting
Dernière édition par Minihobbe, le 19 juin 2019 07:52:52
Thats exactly what im looking for thank you great work!

Just one question and an request :)

Could you upload a complete t16 map without using the 40% increased physical damage taken helmet?
If it could still clear legion monoliths in a reasonable time... it would be my thing :D
"
Enterich a écrit :
Thats exactly what im looking for thank you great work!

Just one question and an request :)

Could you upload a complete t16 map without using the 40% increased physical damage taken helmet?
If it could still clear legion monoliths in a reasonable time... it would be my thing :D

I got you.

Check the "Videos" now :)

Why Rat's Nest? well I just grabbed anything I had in my stash to make this video xD

Had to swap off my Spider boots tho, not enough stats :S

I was even lucky enough to encounter a Legion boss in the map

(didn't realize it in the first place xD)
Dernière édition par diabloyd, le 19 juin 2019 11:47:31
Okay , im going to change over to your build :)

thats my actual , for the build useable , gear: (luckily the gloves had a small physical roll and 50% increased critical chance against shocked enemys, i think this is pretty nice for the build? Also the belt is rerollable to damage with elemental attacks)

I have 4 1/2 ex in currency. and another ~1 ex for my old RF gear.

So i could buy a xophs heart and a voidforge but only 5 linking it (maybe 6l when im lucky )

Could It work to get the build working with that budget and "only" 5linked voidforge? T15-T16 maps/shaper is possible?
Dernière édition par Enterich, le 19 juin 2019 13:20:16
Hey cool, I've been trying to decide on a Cyclone build for a couple of days but I wanted something tankier than Slayer because I've seen how nutty 5-way Legion encounters can go. I really wanted to take advantage of self-casting Immortal Call or Molten Shell, and this'll modify nicely into the former.

Plus I made this belt while playing around with fossils on a whim and I need a build to use it on, lol.

Ignore the buyout listed, I just put it in my sale tab with a ridiculous price because why not kek

What are your thoughts on Devoto's instead of Abyssus?
"
Enterich a écrit :
Okay , im going to change over to your build :)

thats my actual , for the build useable , gear: (luckily the gloves had a small physical roll and 50% increased critical chance against shocked enemys, i think this is pretty nice for the build? Also the belt is rerollable to damage with elemental attacks)

I have 4 1/2 ex in currency. and another ~1 ex for my old RF gear.

So i could buy a xophs heart and a voidforge but only 5 linking it (maybe 6l when im lucky )

Could It work to get the build working with that budget and "only" 5linked voidforge? T15-T16 maps/shaper is possible?

Your gloves are very decent, and god damn I want that belt too xD

But I see you have no attributes on your rares, just make sure to have 113 dexterity and 111 intelligence :)

You'll lose one-third of the damage with a 5 linked voidforge (assuming you're swapping off the Melee Physical Damage support, and keeping the Fortify support) , but yeah, you can still clear up to Uber Elder no problem, the damage is still fine. (maybe you'll need 7~10 sec to take down a guardian)

Edit: My first Uber Elder kill was without the Watcher's Eye, hell I didn't even have the Xoph's Blood xD
Dernière édition par diabloyd, le 19 juin 2019 13:40:49
"
Riusaldregan a écrit :
Hey cool, I've been trying to decide on a Cyclone build for a couple of days but I wanted something tankier than Slayer because I've seen how nutty 5-way Legion encounters can go. I really wanted to take advantage of self-casting Immortal Call or Molten Shell, and this'll modify nicely into the former.

Plus I made this belt while playing around with fossils on a whim and I need a build to use it on, lol.

Ignore the buyout listed, I just put it in my sale tab with a ridiculous price because why not kek

What are your thoughts on Devoto's instead of Abyssus?

Dude this belt is disgusting lol

For clear speed, Devoto's should be the best for any cyclone build.

However, for 5-way Legion specifically, I think you'll need more damage to nuke down the bosses, rather than running faster, thus Abyssus would be better imo.
Another one , i hope its okay to ask some questions :)

You have 50% phys>fire convertion from xophs right?

Why not use the 25 phys > fire from gloves , can go up to 50% with normaly rolled and crafted mod.

*edit* does it even work? Because AoF converts lightning and cold > fire , and pyre cold > fire.

- What nodes would you remove for an lvl 92 jugg?
Dernière édition par Enterich, le 19 juin 2019 14:20:15

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires