Can't Fix Game Freeze? Perhaps it's time to remove XP loss on death!

Perhaps "50%" was a bit of an exaggeration after playing more and experiencing more Intervention encounters.

I will say this as a bit of feedback to players and devs about this problem, at least from what I've noticed.

If I have been logged into the game for a bit, (10 mins or more), the problem seems to be much less severe and just some minor lag to almost no lag at times. However, if I have just logged into the game, within just a min or two, the chances for lock-up/freeze, are much higher, almost guaranteed.

I do get the occasional wonky lag spikes during all betrayal encounters occasionally, for example I just did a research where it felt like the game was about to crash. Luckily i was farming a low level t7 spider forest, so i didn't die. (This time)

The problem has improved after the many updates, but not gone away. I still feel that it is a shame that I feel like I need to get an SSD in order to not experience such harsh performance from this game. I will probably end up buying one soon anyways, but,.. for those who can't afford to upgrade this really sucks for them.
"
Hobo_Wilkins a écrit :
If I have been logged into the game for a bit, (10 mins or more), the problem seems to be much less severe and just some minor lag to almost no lag at times. However, if I have just logged into the game, within just a min or two, the chances for lock-up/freeze, are much higher, almost guaranteed.

Are you not playing with the launch option "--noasync"? This should reduce the lags during the first seconds (or minutes), cause it loads all assets while "loading instances" (although the loading is then a bit longer) and not while fighting in the instances.
"
Pizzarugi a écrit :
I don't expect GGG to be changing the exp loss anytime soon, because of whatever arbitrary reason they used to implement it in the first place.

They just copied it from D2 (which is why it feels antiquated).

Rather than a complete removal, reworking it to a smarter penalty would be better. It's a useful warning while levelling up, but feels like getting hit with a baseball bat when you get close to level 100.

But I'd go with a no-penalty too, as long as you can get the hurting to stop.
Yeah i don't understand what is going on in GGG. Three weeks without a fix and no information either. How can this game-breaking bug that effects thousands of people be allowed to continue like this?

Their software should WORK... the end.

People shouldn't be expected to freaking delete certain folders and change some settings in a bunch of menus and do fresh reinstalls and defrag their harddrives and try noasync or whatever etc. What seems to fix the problem for some, doesn't for many others.

This needs to be fixed on their end, because obviously it worked well in 3.5
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Dernière édition par Paldamus, le 27 mars 2019 07:49:56
Completely ignorant and useless response.

Has nothing to do with an SSD... Learn a little about pc's before you post worthless posts like this.

I have an absolute beast of a PC. Not just ssd's but 2 stripped ssd arrays. About as fast as it gets. Thread ripper. 1070.

I still get the dreaded game locks... 3 deaths yesterday from it.

Its poes old game engine and DX11. Not the SSD lol.

NS

"
Außenseiter a écrit :
Yo just buy SSD.
What are you poor? Don't you have money exile?
2019 top of the line hardware is perfectly acceptable requirement to run 2012 top down diablo clone that looks worse than unmodded Sacred 2 without major issues.
So update your toaster and don't whine.
Personally I do NOT think there is going to be a fix anytime soon. If it was easily fixable it would have already happened.

Poe is pretty bloated these days and I think the issue is texture/optimization related. If that is the case its going to take alot of work... that or go back to DX9 ( don't see that happening ).

Run a minion/totem build... At least that way your assets are still fighting in the backround while your watching the frozen screen for a second or two.

NS

Wanted to also point out that GGG has already tried to fix this by preloading assets. This has not fixed things. If loading and preloading assets are the issue then the only fix is to optimize/fix the assets. by assets I mean textures and particle effects. Fix them so they work well with the old game engine and dx11. So thats a big costly job.
Dernière édition par Nightstone13, le 27 mars 2019 13:34:01
If there was no xp loss on death, people would leeroy bosses and it would kill any self preservation incentive that drives any arpg.

Not gonna happen.
Satsui No Tanden
I dont see exp loss on death as bringing any enjoyment to the game. If you want punishment on death you got hard core, if you dont well tough is all the exp loss is. I fully support its removal and dont think the game would lose anything by doing so.

"
DreadlordMephisto a écrit :
If there was no xp loss on death, people would leeroy bosses and it would kill any self preservation incentive that drives any arpg.

Not gonna happen.

People already do that and if they find it enjoyable why punish them.
Dernière édition par AnimeKitty, le 27 mars 2019 15:35:50
XP loss is a retard thing in any game, and it punishes people for things outta their control, like lag spikes or intervention. You spend 8h of your life running white/yellow maps to get 10% at 90+ and it all goes to hell because bad developers think we all have SSDs.

But, as others said, not gonna happen. White knights and no-life streamers are what GGGCent listen, not common people.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Dernière édition par frostzor27, le 27 mars 2019 16:44:34

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires