Can't Fix Game Freeze? Perhaps it's time to remove XP loss on death!

The title says it all.

I'm running a level 97 character in Standard because I did not enjoy the new league, and map drops were abysmal at the start of the league(now much better).

Losing 10% Exp on a level 97 character is a pretty big deal, it's lots of time loss. It makes it incredibly frustrating when you lose the Exp due to no fault of your own.

At the current time 3/23/2019 I have about a 50% chance of surving an intervention encounter in low-mid tier maps. The chance is almost 0 in red maps.

The game just completely locks up. I can't even hit escape to leave the game.

If you guys are not going to take proper measures to fix this for players who don't have an SSD, then perhaps it's time to remove Exp loss on death. I would also recommend putting up a disclaimer for people on the website and in game for people who are attempting to create a Hardcore character, stating the game is very likely to freeze and cause loss of character if you don't have an SDD.

This is NOT a troll post, every word in this post is seriously how I feel about this problem, this is not a minor problem, if you can't fix the game, do SOMETHING.
Dernier bump le 27 mars 2019 16:44:22
Ce fil de discussion a été automatiquement archivé. Les réponses ont été désactivées.
I 100% agree, that being said..
This won't happen because, the white knights, top 1%, and streamers whine and cry "Oh the game would be too easy then". They say this from a selfish point of view due to them being personally inconvenienced by changes that never affected them in the first place. GGG only ever listens to the top 1% and the proof of this is.. FOR EXAMPLE.

Map drops - Just the other night Cutedog was whining about map drops and wrote a tweet to Bex, within moments she responded and sent the appropriate e-mail to double check. Then, maybe an hour or so later she got back to him to tell him "working as intended". If I, or any other casual player would have spoke up about "Map drops broke" there would have been no response. All this because Cutedog is a popular POE streamer and what he says mentally affects a large portion of the player base. When he spoke about it reddit started whining about it.

Soulrend Cat MTX - YES, I think it's awesome there is no denying that however, If Tarke was not a long time POE streamer AND the host of baeclast this would NOT have happened. plain and simple.

I could make other examples but my point is, that unknown people within this toxic community have no chance of getting their ideas noticed. Under that premise removing XP loss from betrayal encounters will never happen because the upper 1% do not like that idea. So you will continue to lose XP and Jun will not be handled properly.

I even suggested that betrayal be handled like incursion in that, you would encounter jun 3 times in a map and she would open a small (similar in size to a vaal side area) layout that would contain the encounter. This would allow people who know the encounter will lag, freeze, and kill them to avoid it until they address the issue fully. Guess what, no one actually commented on that suggest AND I made it before the league even launched. Why didn't anyone say anything about it? That is easy, because according to this community I am of the lower player class, a nobody in the world of POE who doesn't have enough "experience" to suggest courses of action, even if said course of action would be SUPER easy to implement. So my words fall on deaf ears just like yours does.

The white knights will eventually say.. Blah blah.. free game.. blah blah.. whatever. There is a social class in this community and guess what.. We are peasant who pay our royal overlords for entertainment (amazon prime COUGH) or (NEW MTX, STASH SALE BOYS!!)

Yet "free game" so.. TL;DR let me answer this for you honestly since GGG will never do it...

GGG- We are not removing EXP loss, buy a new computer/get an SSD or move on,
We have a new league to maintain and fix and don't have time for something that ultimately boils down to "your problem". The loss of your single support is irrelevant to how much money we are actually making off other people so, losing you is meaningless... yada yada... exile con... blah blah.. still a free game... blah blah.. no one is forcing you to play....... BLAH!

Totally agree, i already gave up upon leveling since at a higher level the punishment for something i have no control is just going to become a headache.

Even logging out won't help because as soon as i start walking through the map intervention starts and now i have to choose 10% exp OR all the currency i could gain from that map, and if i don't die they will be waiting for me and will tp to me wherever i go as long as those portals are up.

I actually had hope that 3.6.2 would fix it, but i guess we'll have to wait a bit more. Since i don't care about the death count, not losing exp for syndicate deaths would be a nice provisional measure.

Totally agree, i already gave up upon leveling since at a higher level the punishment for something i have no control is just going to become a headache.

Even logging out won't help because as soon as i start walking through the map intervention starts and now i have to choose 10% exp OR all the currency i could gain from that map, and if i don't die they will be waiting for me and will tp to me wherever i go as long as those portals are up.

I actually had hope that 3.6.2 would fix it, but i guess we'll have to wait a bit more. Since i don't care about the death count, not losing exp for syndicate deaths would be a nice provisional measure.

Hey, I'm right there with ya buddy. The freezes are a bit insane.. I don't really even have a "bad" computer. My frame rate during intervention varies, sometimes I don't get anything but some stutter but, most of the time it's frozen (a slide show that shows a green portal and then in the next frame (resurrect from checkpoint). My issue is that my PC is 3 years old and not equipped with an SSD.

I should not be made to make upgrades to my PC (I can't afford right now) to play a game I have not only given monetary funds to for support but, was not warned that HDD load times would make this league unplayable.

Ultimately GGG just doesn't give a shit, nor do the people here who own beast PCs and have SSDs. In fact they laugh and scoff and point fingers like middle aged meat heads with a size complex. (I've seen it more than once) Just spend some time reading the forums here you'll see.

This community is as toxic as hell on satan's birthday. Honestly, the 1% can go fuck themselves (Oh no I said a bad word on a forum who's game is rated "M" for mature but they don't condone "naughty" language) OOOOH THE HUMANITY!!!

INB4 the 1% report me and "post was removed blah blah our code of conduct"
Like, shove your code of conduct up your asses right now! You expect me to be "nice" and "polite" when your game is unplayable because of a forced mechanic?

What do you expect? Decorum? FROM A GAME WITH A SERIOUSLY TOXIC COMMUNITY?
Come on this isn't Narnia, the land of make believe..
Dernière édition par daegda, le 23 mars 2019 22:39:36
Yo just buy SSD.
What are you poor? Don't you have money exile?
2019 top of the line hardware is perfectly acceptable requirement to run 2012 top down diablo clone that looks worse than unmodded Sacred 2 without major issues.
So update your toaster and don't whine.
Totally upgraded Ex-Toaster Owner here.

EXP penalty sucks in any given context. If out of bad Gameplay or shit RNG or just random bad luck.
It feels like an extra kick in the balls when you fail something else (like lab/Delve etc).

Remove that stupid mechanic.
That's why, when you make a build, plan for level 90 being the final goal with the remaining 10 as extra perks.

I don't expect GGG to be changing the exp loss anytime soon, because of whatever arbitrary reason they used to implement it in the first place.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Hobo_Wilkins a écrit :
The title says it all.

I'm running a level 97 character in Standard because I did not enjoy the new league, and map drops were abysmal at the start of the league(now much better).

Losing 10% Exp on a level 97 character is a pretty big deal, it's lots of time loss. It makes it incredibly frustrating when you lose the Exp due to no fault of your own.

At the current time 3/23/2019 I have about a 50% chance of surving an intervention encounter in low-mid tier maps. The chance is almost 0 in red maps.

The game just completely locks up. I can't even hit escape to leave the game.

If you guys are not going to take proper measures to fix this for players who don't have an SSD, then perhaps it's time to remove Exp loss on death. I would also recommend putting up a disclaimer for people on the website and in game for people who are attempting to create a Hardcore character, stating the game is very likely to freeze and cause loss of character if you don't have an SDD.

This is NOT a troll post, every word in this post is seriously how I feel about this problem, this is not a minor problem, if you can't fix the game, do SOMETHING.

I was here to make a thread about this, but saw yours so I'll post a shortened version here.

Loading into the Syndicate Laboratory right now, along with the encounters you mentioned ALL freeze my screen for enough time to kill me.

I can't play a game like this anymore. Going to continue with my current character for this league and try to avoid the syndicate, but if/when it gets to a point where I'm in my 90s and can't level, I'm done.

My game also DCs from trying to load into Oriath with the 20+ people who are super shiny with cosmetics. Yes, the micro-transactions are crashing my game; sometimes I have to try 4-5 times just to log in. I know GGG wants people who look fancy to be able to show off, but my bloody computer can't handle it.

This was going to probably be my last league anyway, but this unfortunately seals the deal....

/endrant
Already made a Thread bout it but no one cared lol, hopefully this one gets more attention.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2469668
Dernière édition par Millar, le 24 mars 2019 17:24:05

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires