[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

nice build, downed shaper with full mf gear in 6~7 minutes deathless and that was with paragon of calamity instead of mastermind of discord because i didnt want to reroll ele reflect maps.

also dropped quite abit of life nodes to get dark arts for the qol.
Dernière édition par fruity_kuala, le 14 mars 2019 08:01:29
vaal rightous fire is killing me too quick, what can i change?
"

you are not using the vaal version of the skill. you have 2 different icons.
Dernière édition par nomercy4you, le 14 mars 2019 11:41:16
"
Illmyrr a écrit :

Are you casting the Vaal version or the normal version? They look different (the Vaal version won't cast once you enter an area with no souls and has a little blood droplet on the tooltip icon) and act very different. Righteous Fire will gradually burn you until you die; Vaal Righteous Fire will immediately knock off 30% of your health and use that to buff your spell damage and do burn damage for a few seconds. You want the latter, not the former.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Budget_player_cadet a écrit :
"
Illmyrr a écrit :

Are you casting the Vaal version or the normal version? They look different (the Vaal version won't cast once you enter an area with no souls and has a little blood droplet on the tooltip icon) and act very different. Righteous Fire will gradually burn you until you die; Vaal Righteous Fire will immediately knock off 30% of your health and use that to buff your spell damage and do burn damage for a few seconds. You want the latter, not the former.

well this explaines a lot :D this is basicly my first real season playing a "real" build and i realize that there is a LOT to learn. thanks guys

probably not my last question ^^
Yeah, that caught me off guard at first too, because back when I started playing, Vaal gems didn't actually have the non-vaal skill attached. So I was leveling Vaal Discipline and Discipline at the same time, and got very confused why I had two separate icons for normal Dsicipline. :D
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
Rings with reduced mana cost of skills are pretty amazing. Once you reduce mana cost of WO to some low value, 2x 7-8 reduction rings, you regen faster than you use mana. Can have 100 mana unreserved, and freely spam the skill, nice QOL. I'd get those over any minor damage rings, just life+res and enjoy 3 auras, not paying for high level enlighten.

Another thing I tried, is linking onslaught to herald of thunder (along with warlords mark + cast on hit). It works alright. Not permanent uptime, but onslaught procs quite often, especiallt vs bosses, where onslaught from jewel might not cut it. Then you can use sulphur flask instead of silver.

Got one of those:

While power charges from overcharged node would be almost wasted, if you get frenzy from amulet, this works very well. Really long duration phase run, and they instantly recharge on packs in between phase run casts. It is massive damage boost to have frenzy charges.

What is important to note, how well this scales with cast speed. It is same deal as with totems, you channel faster (less downtime) and winter orb itself shoots faster. So you sort of double dip from that stat, boots both things. Feels very good to have high cast speed.
Dernière édition par aerial, le 14 mars 2019 12:29:19
"
aerial a écrit :
Rings with reduced mana cost of skills are pretty amazing. Once you reduce mana cost of WO to some low value, 2x 7-8 reduction rings, you regen faster than you use mana. Can have 100 mana unreserved, and freely spam the skill, nice QOL. I'd get those over any minor damage rings, just life+res and enjoy 3 auras, not paying for high level enlighten.

Another thing I tried, is linking onslaught to herald of thunder (along with warlords mark + cast on hit). It works alright. Not permanent uptime, but onslaught procs quite often, especiallt vs bosses, where onslaught from jewel might not cut it. Then you can use sulphur flask instead of silver.

Got one of those:

While power charges from overcharged node would be almost wasted, if you get frenzy from amulet, this works very well. Really long duration phase run, and they instantly recharge on packs in between phase run casts. It is massive damage boost to have frenzy charges.

What is important to note, how well this scales with cast speed. It is same deal as with totems, you channel faster (less downtime) and winter orb itself shoots faster. So you sort of double dip from that stat, boots both things. Feels very good to have high cast speed.

How good are Onslaught/Frenzy Charges in this build, though? Cast time seems to not be the limiting factor. I notice getting Frenzy Charges from Cold Snap occasionally, but I don't notice any significant benefit from it.
Dernière édition par Budget_player_cadet, le 14 mars 2019 13:38:30
"
aerial a écrit :

Got one of those:

Pretty much my experience. (Did mention all of them in the previous posts :))

And yes, to be able to play this build smoothly without feeling clunky, I personally think cast peed 0.12 is the baseline optimal cast speed.

The flow is just totally different with 0.12~0.13 cast speed.
Also you can pretty much get that cast speed with just one jewel and quality of gems. (alot of them give cast speed which is super nice!)
No need to waste all those points to get Dark Art and lock into dual wield too.
Dernière édition par mic01851165, le 14 mars 2019 14:14:45
What do you think about solstice vigil ?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires