[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

"
vegeto079 a écrit :

I'll try theorycrafting something later with it, but I'm completely unfamiliar with it. I would think the basic structure of the build would be different since you don't get the free ~50% crit chance from ice spear, and then it'd probably just be a different build entirely. But worth looking into, sure.

Sorry for deratiling this build thread. Would be very curious to see what you can come up with. I have not seen any Soul Rend totem builds.
Hello, someone can help me with my character I feel that I have very little damage and in my POB I do not get even 1/4 of the damage shown in the guide.
"
blaar75 a écrit :
Sorry for deratiling this build thread. Would be very curious to see what you can come up with. I have not seen any Soul Rend totem builds.

No worries man it's not even my thread xD I'm just answering questions since I've been playing the build.

Main reason I think soul rend wouldn't work is that it's a DoT skill and I don't think you can apply more than one instance of it at a time. So multiple totems won't mean multiple instances of the DoT.

"
StevRising a écrit :
Hello, someone can help me with my character I feel that I have very little damage and in my POB I do not get even 1/4 of the damage shown in the guide.

I don't get as much damage as the guide either, I wouldn't worry about it. I was at around 200k dps (2nd stage, all proj) before getting the shield and felt fine on damage.

-Get ele weak on hit gloves, any kind. Once you are comfortable with damage get Enfeeble gloves instead.
-Use an onslaught flask instead of 3rd life flask. Note that the "onslaught on kill" from the abyssal jewel doesn't work because we never kill, our totems do
-Get an abyssal belt if possible, you can drop some life since the extra jewel will give damage

The rest looks fine, just make sure you place totems away from mobs as much as you can so they reach stage 2 more often. I usually place the totems away from each other so mobs get drawn between them.
Dernière édition par vegeto079, le 19 mars 2019 16:23:53
Current gear
gear

I'm pretty sure the scepter is pretty near the best DPS you can get. Only improvement I can think of is Cold-as-chaos being on the base instead of crafting flat lightning. Got ~15% dps increase for 7ex with it.

I also switched out the helm from Malachai's. It was a 25% dps hit to drop the helm, but I made it up by having more life on the helm, having an Abyssal socket on the helm, relieving a socket on the tree for Pierce, having -% cold res on the helm, and the enchant (base was 1ex). I got stupidly lucky with fossils, only tried one. Sanctified-Frigid-Pristine-Hollow. Got almost a perfect result, just missing some res, but was able to make up for that in the jewel.

I would say that enchant is definitely better than I originally thought it'd be. It reduces the stage-1 time of the ice spear, letting them hit nearer enemies, and in effect increasing proj speed by having them get to stage 2 (fast proj) faster. I think it's much better than the 1-additional-proj enchant.

In all by switching helms I lost about 10% DPS, gained 5% life and the enchant. It was hard to make it not more of a DPS decrease though, the helm gives a ton of DPS!

My only improvements I can see at this point are getting a better ring (no great ones available yet) and improving all the jewels to 4mods, and maybe a 2mod Watcher's Eye.
Dernière édition par vegeto079, le 21 mars 2019 13:11:29
i've been running leap slam with curse on hit > projectile weakness which gives you your pierce and knockback on hit... not sure whether its a better option but seems to be working out so far.. but then im not even hitting yellow maps as yet.. just an idea for anyone short on funds for jewels etc.
Reading through all the posts for this build there seems very mixed feelings. How much investment do you have to do to be able to clear red tier maps or even do guardians/Shaper ?

What sort of pathing did people do from level 1 to 70 ?

I'm kinda debating between this and Ancestral warchief..
"
b3nque a écrit :
Reading through all the posts for this build there seems very mixed feelings. How much investment do you have to do to be able to clear red tier maps or even do guardians/Shaper ?

What sort of pathing did people do from level 1 to 70 ?

I'm kinda debating between this and Ancestral warchief..

Investment for red maps?

I bought the shield for 34c and im clearing red maps with ease.
I six linked the chest on my own.
"
hotdigetty a écrit :
i've been running leap slam with curse on hit > projectile weakness.

Proj weakness isn't a bad idea, but you should have enfeeble or ele weak on hit on your gloves, which would override that

"
b3nque a écrit :

This build is easy to get wrong. I posted several things showing how to get the build going, and can help your char if you have any issues.

5-link mantle: 30c
shield: 35c
rings: 4c
all other equipment: 5-10c

So red maps probably with 79c tops, which is pretty low.
You could do yellow and lower on a 4-link and no shield, so about 10c.

"
b3nque a écrit :
What sort of pathing did people do from level 1 to 70 ?.

Do whatever floats your boat. Basically you first want to get to Ancestral Bond, then use either Glacial Cascade or Freezing Pulse or some other totem, until you have Soul Mantle.
Dernière édition par vegeto079, le 21 mars 2019 13:09:57
I have around 3 ex to spend and i don't quite know what my next upgrade should be, maybe save some more and get a 6 linked Soul Mantle?

Spoiler
"
rawarck a écrit :
I have around 3 ex to spend and i don't quite know what my next upgrade should be, maybe save some more and get a 6 linked Soul Mantle?

Spoiler

-20% Self-Flagellation jewel -> 22% dps
-Elemental weakness on hit gloves -> 18% dps
-onslaught flask instead of 2 qs -> 11% dps
-switch Inc Crit Dmg for Controlled Destruction -> 10% dps
-level 20 Ice Spear -> 6% dps
-20% quality GMP -> 5% dps
-30% rain of splinters jewel -> 3% dps

Your current damage is 169k. These changes get you to 286k.

imo I'd get Pandemonious before 6-link. It would bring your evade chance from 22% to 61%.

--On another note, I just killed uber elder! ^^ I died twice, first time ran out of potions (should've just logged), second time was bad play. Was a relatively easy kill.
Dernière édition par vegeto079, le 22 mars 2019 01:15:32

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires