[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

i ended up not liking the build.
i just couldn't stand how much of a ramp up the damage was. takes a second to place the totems, takes a second for the totems to start attacking, then it takes a second for the damage from natural toxic rain to ramp up. it felt so delayed.

where this was the biggest problem was delve. this build i found sucked so hard for delving. you are overrun with monsters too quickly and there is not enough time for your damage to ramp up from either yourself, mirage archer, or totems. your totems get killed before they can put down some damage.

im sure there were many ways i could have optimized the build a lot more, but i was pretty geared out and not even running super low delves/super high maps yet.

i guess i just will never like the totem playstyle. everytime i try it i always abandon it.

i much more prefer the instant application of damage from caustic arrow. this league anyway.
"
xMustard a écrit :
i ended up not liking the build.
i just couldn't stand how much of a ramp up the damage was. takes a second to place the totems, takes a second for the totems to start attacking, then it takes a second for the damage from natural toxic rain to ramp up. it felt so delayed.

where this was the biggest problem was delve. this build i found sucked so hard for delving. you are overrun with monsters too quickly and there is not enough time for your damage to ramp up from either yourself, mirage archer, or totems. your totems get killed before they can put down some damage.

im sure there were many ways i could have optimized the build a lot more, but i was pretty geared out and not even running super low delves/super high maps yet.

i guess i just will never like the totem playstyle. everytime i try it i always abandon it.

i much more prefer the instant application of damage from caustic arrow. this league anyway.

Just curious, what is the Delve depth that you are playing?

I also don`t like totem builds, but I understood this build is combination of a totem and selt attack toxic rain, so you have more than one source.

I can kill the easly any boss in this game, I did Uber Elder many times as well.

I`m currently in Delve 200+ , I`m going to 300, currently I have no issues, but maybe in Delve high lvls I`ll review the gear setup.

I saw you are playing as a Raider class, did you play as a Pathfinder? I strongly recommend you try Pathfinder.

it was in delve 200s somewhere. i essentially respec'd and geared my caustic arrow trickster to adapt to this build. i had all the gear, crafted my own bow and the works.

the damage seemed okay, but again much more back-loaded. i had a lot more attack speed than this too. upwards of 6.5 for myself, and a little over 4 for the totems if i remember right. being trickster my damage, regen, and sustain was absolutely insane compared to anything ranger style, as well.

i don't have any of the gear left, other than crossover back to my caustic arrow build, as i just decided to focus on CA instead of this. the damage is immediate and responsive, very much unlike toxic rain AND totems, let alone them together.

im not doubting the build can work but specifically compared to the CA version i was running before, it was more expensive, not as effective, much slower clear, and while it did have more damage....again it was back-end damage that needed substantial ramp-up compared to caustic arrows lower but more more immediate application of damage.

i also feel much tankier with CA as im able to use kaom's and such
I`d like to share a video with Full Minotaur Run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO89jkKsHC4

Thanks!
Phoenix Battle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ECf0MkyuaI

Delve #200 for a reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVpH55YflP8

Deathless Uber Elder

https://youtu.be/Zb-y8DJooSo

Farrul's Den

https://youtu.be/SjFnR5eoq94

:)
thx to this build. I like the playstyle.
bosses are going to melt and the map clearspeed is moderate.
"
jlncosta a écrit :
Hi,
As far as I know there is no good way to accurately calculate toxic rain DPS. The again, who cares? It kills Uber Elder quickly, so it should be enough for all current content :)

Well Angry_Rolepayer has in-depth calculations on Toxic Rain DPS in his Toxic Rain Herald of Angony Build (which I am currently playing)

That being said I hate you for this. I want to play this now it looks fun and silly to see all the spores.

I just need to figure out how to change from his build to yours.

You guys use most of the same Passive tree.
And some of the same gear, and gems.

Or do I just level a new character again (I have done this to many times this league) I think I am on my 6th build this league so far?

Dernière édition par xPeleusx, le 29 janv. 2019 09:46:22
im going to give my variation of this build another shot. by all means the numbers suggest it should be at least 3x the damage of my current caustic arrow build which easily easily clears the whole game.

even with just a quill rain this build should do 2x the damage of my current great crafted CA bow etc.

i think i probably just didn't optimize the build enough, so im going to give another go at it. afterall, i think toxic rain is my favourite skill of all
"
xPeleusx a écrit :
"
jlncosta a écrit :
Hi,
As far as I know there is no good way to accurately calculate toxic rain DPS. The again, who cares? It kills Uber Elder quickly, so it should be enough for all current content :)

Well Angry_Rolepayer has in-depth calculations on Toxic Rain DPS in his Toxic Rain Herald of Angony Build (which I am currently playing)

That being said I hate you for this. I want to play this now it looks fun and silly to see all the spores.

I just need to figure out how to change from his build to yours.

You guys use most of the same Passive tree.
And some of the same gear, and gems.

Or do I just level a new character again (I have done this to many times this league) I think I am on my 6th build this league so far?

There is the OP tree. I did a variant using MoM, you can try anyone,you just need to buy the items and gems, adjust tree, and ok.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires