[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
Idarroc a écrit :
"
bridgeburner a écrit :
"
Idarroc a écrit :
Update - This is taking longer than expected because last night, on 12/29, my Fiance fell and broke her arm. I have spent the last 12-14 hours in the hospital and hanging out with her, but I will update this crafting section and add more context as soon as possible. I hope to have time today while she is napping, or possibly later tonight (12/30)

Sorry to hear that bro! Hang in there.

I'm good, it is her who is in pain! Good news, its not disjointed, so it will likely not require surgery, but she did have 2 breaks, one in her radius and the other in the ulna. She is in a splint for the next 2-3 days, and then we go to the Ortho to get more X-Rays and a hard cast (hopefully no surgery.)

She is just in a ton of pain, so my time is better spent making her comfortable then meticulously formatting a guide ;)

It does bother me though it is 90% done, with a key part missing.

I will try to work on this today like I said!

Thanks for the patience!

some things need to take priority, this guide should be the last thing on your mind. Take care of yourself and your fiance, then you can continue on your awesome work you've done here so far.
"
clindberg88 a écrit :
I really like the look of this build, but I was wondering about the weapon's veil mod.

The Frost Bomb, will the not trigger equilibrium to the worse?

I should add this to the FAQ!

Yes, Frost Bomb will trigger EE for the worse, that being said, it only triggers on the hit of the explosion, as that is the hit. Also, with EE, effects do not stack, they overwrite, so with 2x Lightning spells "hitting" very fast repeatedly, EE should never be on Frost Bomb for more than .1 second at MOST.

Hope this helps to clarify!
"
IronBodyGamer a écrit :
"
bridgeburner a écrit :
"
IronBodyGamer a écrit :
As someone who is fairly new isn't Zealot's Oath a dead skill point since you have zero regen? Or is there something to this mechanic i am just not understanding?

It makes life regeneration apply to our energy shield instead of hp. We get about 1.4% life regen (converted to es regen) from the tree, and also we use a sulphur flask which gives us 6% life regen (converted to es regen).

So that's 7.4% of our max ES regenerated per second when these are up. For example, if your ES is 8000, that's about 500 es per second.

Cheers for the explanation!! Also any ETA on the how to craft gear part? No rush I already appreciate how fast you've updated this guide. Tremendous work, this helped me down my very first Elder today! :) will attempt shaper then ubers next.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you got your first elder down! You will have to update me when you get Shaper next :D

Also - Thanks to BridgeBurner for adding some context while I was away :) Thanks! Quoted and added to the FAQ!
Dernière édition par Idarroc, le 30 déc. 2018 19:39:00
How is the survavility of this build in endgame?. Im an occultist whispering ice build with 12k ES and a lot of leech with vaal pact. Unkillable. This build is the same maybe more damage but without the leech part and that makes me doubts. This build dies a lot without leech?
"
yissus a écrit :
How is the survavility of this build in endgame?. Im an occultist whispering ice build with 12k ES and a lot of leech with vaal pact. Unkillable. This build is the same maybe more damage but without the leech part and that makes me doubts. This build dies a lot without leech?

Still not even 80 and I did a test run with hydra and it was no issue. Only thing that's ganked me was a roided out syndicate on a t16 map with 200‰ additional elemental damage on monsters. As long as you are killing mobs, have vaal discipline up, or can trigger natural ES recharge you are pretty damn hardy. Im using the new ES on kill flask and it feels very good.
"
bridgeburner a écrit :
"
IronBodyGamer a écrit :
As someone who is fairly new isn't Zealot's Oath a dead skill point since you have zero regen? Or is there something to this mechanic i am just not understanding?

It makes life regeneration apply to our energy shield instead of hp. We get about 1.4% life regen (converted to es regen) from the tree, and also we use a sulphur flask which gives us 6% life regen (converted to es regen).

So that's 7.4% of our max ES regenerated per second when these are up. For example, if your ES is 8000, that's about 500 es per second.

In my opinion, its similar, one could argue for either side. Before the VP changes it was clearly superior, but its a bit more even now.

When you are running in maps and have 30 stacks up, all your regen going, its absolutely bonkers. I have a huge ES pool, and I do not believe I have died once (other than to uber elder once or twice) since I was level 70.

I think it is VERY strong, but regen feels different than leech, and there could be an argument made for either in my opinion!
Pretty sure the new flask enchant (3‰ life regen per second while flask active) should work with Zealots Oath as well.
"
Juts a écrit :
Does having added lightning damage to spells on an abyss jewel break anything with elemental equilibrium? EE is confusing. Vortex does seem to have a hit portion before the Degen so it should trigger EE against cold and lightning?

The short answer is that it can, depending.

The long answer:

EE applies on a hit, when the hit occurs the target is buffed against every elemental damage type of the hit and debuffed for every other damage type. Subsequent hits just replace the buffs/debuffs. Note that a hit is the initial damage from an attack or spell, dots are not considered hits. So the initial damage of Vortex is a hit but all the dot damage is not.

For example, if you have something that gives you added flat cold damage to spells this is what happens:

1. You cast Vortex, vortex hits for cold (plus more cold from your added cold), EE applies +cold/-lightning/-fire.
2. Cast on skill use triggers. Frost bomb does no damage initially (that comes at the end), orb of storms and storm brand cast. Each hit of those does lightning+cold damage and EE applies +cold/+lightning/-fire.
3. Cold dot ticks and applies against buffed resists because you are always doing cold damage. Note that dot damage is not a hit and this does not affect EE.
4. Goto 2.

If you instead had added flat fire damage to spells

1. You cast Vortex, vortex hits for cold+fire, EE applies +cold/-lightning/+fire.
2. Cast on skill use triggers. Frost bomb does no damage initially (that comes at the end), orb of storms and storm brand cast. Each hit of those does lightning+fire damage and EE applies -cold/+lightning/+fire.
3. Cold dot ticks and applies against debuffed resist. Note that dot damage is not a hit and this does not affect EE.
4. Goto 2.

So if your added damage is lightning or fire then it won't totally screw up EE, if it's cold then it will. But with builds like this its best to avoid any added flat damage.
"
rangda a écrit :
"
Juts a écrit :
Does having added lightning damage to spells on an abyss jewel break anything with elemental equilibrium? EE is confusing. Vortex does seem to have a hit portion before the Degen so it should trigger EE against cold and lightning?

The short answer is that it can, depending.

The long answer:

EE applies on a hit, when the hit occurs the target is buffed against every elemental damage type of the hit and debuffed for every other damage type. Subsequent hits just replace the buffs/debuffs. Note that a hit is the initial damage from an attack or spell, dots are not considered hits. So the initial damage of Vortex is a hit but all the dot damage is not.

For example, if you have something that gives you added flat cold damage to spells this is what happens:

1. You cast Vortex, vortex hits for cold (plus more cold from your added cold), EE applies +cold/-lightning/-fire.
2. Cast on skill use triggers. Frost bomb does no damage initially (that comes at the end), orb of storms and storm brand cast. Each hit of those does lightning+cold damage and EE applies +cold/+lightning/-fire.
3. Cold dot ticks and applies against buffed resists because you are always doing cold damage. Note that dot damage is not a hit and this does not affect EE.
4. Goto 2.

If you instead had added flat fire damage to spells

1. You cast Vortex, vortex hits for cold+fire, EE applies +cold/-lightning/+fire.
2. Cast on skill use triggers. Frost bomb does no damage initially (that comes at the end), orb of storms and storm brand cast. Each hit of those does lightning+fire damage and EE applies -cold/+lightning/+fire.
3. Cold dot ticks and applies against debuffed resist. Note that dot damage is not a hit and this does not affect EE.
4. Goto 2.

So if your added damage is lightning or fire then it won't totally screw up EE, if it's cold then it will. But with builds like this its best to avoid any added flat damage.

Thanks dudes, that helps a lot

Well, I'm ready to do some crafting! Got really lucky with this 6L ilvl 76. (Pay no attention to the mods now. Even with bench crafts it was better than tabula)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires