[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

"
Felix11081995 a écrit :
Hey magicrectangle!

Maybe a bit off topic from the build discussion, but I wanted to ask you, which League Starter you are going to use for 3.6?

Storm brand will still be alright I suppose, but do you think there is something much better for Witch?

I pretty much always build around a new or reworked skill. I'm probably going to do bane / soulrend occultist. Backup plan if that sucks will be herald of agony.

I don't think that's necessarily going to be better, I just don't like repeating builds.

"
RandallPOE a écrit :
Any thoughts on replacements for Controlled Destruction until you can get the boot enchant or another source of crit, Lightning Pen in a 4l while levelling doesn't seem that attractive. I guess Trap & Mine Damage would do for Lightning Spire.

Faster casting, most likely. At low gear levels you won't have much cast speed on gear or jewels, so faster casting is actually pretty decent.
wouldn't it be better to use eldritch battery + mom because of the es leech instead of the mana leech watchers eye? Because in theory that would be a good addition to the build.
"
Naruto3331 a écrit :
wouldn't it be better to use eldritch battery + mom because of the es leech instead of the mana leech watchers eye? Because in theory that would be a good addition to the build.

The build is pretty tight for points. Eldritch battery will cost you 4 points, and then soul thief another 2 points. I suppose if you change our route over on the left to go past the new ES leech cluster you could spend only 1 point on that, for a total of 5 points. Still a lot.

Then there's the fact that you've still got 2.5k mana that can be lost to hits through MoM, and you need a way to get that back. EB will take care of the cost of casting skills, but it won't recover your big mana pool after hits.

There's a lot of mana recovery options available that don't cost any passive points, so I don't think I'd put an EB / ES leech solution anywhere near the top of my list.
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 7 mars 2019 10:17:21
so the lab crit enchant negate the controlled destruction penality, to trigger EO ?
shouldnt it be enough to just skill the node "light of divinity" ?
Otherwise, do we really need that dmg boost for normal mapping?
i could just sneak in Oos+ inc crit to proc it on bosses
"
Wuhki a écrit :
so the lab crit enchant negate the controlled destruction penality, to trigger EO ?
shouldnt it be enough to just skill the node "light of divinity" ?
Otherwise, do we really need that dmg boost for normal mapping?
i could just sneak in Oos+ inc crit to proc it on bosses

There's also a little crit on trickery, but no I don't think it will be quite enough. Storm brand has 5.5% base crit chance, so with light of divinity + trickery you end up with 2.2% crit chance after controlled destruction.

On a boss fight where you've got 2 brands ticking non-stop, this actually might be enough. In 8 seconds (duration of ele overload) with my cast speed, I get 91 storm brand "tics" off 2 storm brands. That means the chance to re-proc before the existing one has expired is about 87%. (1-(1-0.022)^91)

But while mapping you don't have your brands constantly ticing. On the other hand, you do have more than 2 brands. The while mapping bit is harder to just math out. You'd really just have to test it and see how your ele overload uptime looked.

As to whether you need ele overload while mapping, I suppose you don't once you're at a really high gear level, but it definitely helps a lot at lower gear levels, and especially since storm brand is getting nerfed. Also ele overload scales inpulsa explosions, and it is relatively important to get them large enough that a single pop will detonate the rest of the pack.

I'd definitely encourage you to test it without the boot enchant and see how it feels, as theorycraft can only get you so far.
Any chance were going to get passive tree updates or any updates to changes before the league starts in just under 90min?
"
Embermouth a écrit :
Any chance were going to get passive tree updates or any updates to changes before the league starts in just under 90min?

"
magicrectangle a écrit :

I'll wait for the new / adjusted skill to be in PoB before putting up a new PoB paste, but if you want the skill tree now, it is changed very little:
https://pastebin.com/RmQ4Q9Fs

Here is
"
Embermouth a écrit :

I was hoping that PoB would get the updated skill gem information in time to have an ACCURATE PoB up before league start, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I added a 3.6 section to the OP, with a PoB past in it. That PoB paste has the target skill tree, but its damage numbers are NOT accurate, because PoB does not have the new skill gem info.
"
magicrectangle a écrit :
Storm brand and lightning spire nerfs are both simple numerical adjustments, without a change to underlying mechanics. The build is still fine.

Storm brand lost ~22% base damage, and ~14% damage effectiveness. It stings, but you'll still clear packs with one brand recall with decent gear. You'll lean a bit more on lightning spire for bosses.

The advantages of this build have always been mechanical, rather than numerical. The damage was never breaking the bank compared to what other builds offered. With the mechanics of the build unchanged, it would take a pretty severe numerical nerf to kill it. This nerf is not that severe.

Once PoB has the new passive tree stuff I'll update the guide.

With nerfs that size, I feel like the uber elder fight will be noticeably longer than before, which means a messier fight. It will also require even better gear than before just to be able to output enough damage to make it worth it, no?

I'm a little worried.
Yo, the talent tree from Pob is not updated? any chance you can sort that?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires