[3.7] Storm Brand Elementalist. League Starter, Deathless Uber Elder.

Thank you very much for the in depth overview! I think I'll bookmark this comment to reference as I play. I started up a character using your guide and so far am level 53 and have been really enjoying it. Breezing through content and LST takes care of beefier enemies/bosses no problemo. However as it's not my first character I decided to take a break to farm some currency on a different character so I could get decent items up to and including Inpulsa. Because Inpulsa has been shown incredibly useful for multiple (3-4 at least) of the characters I've chosen to create, I farmed up enough to pick up a 6 link version of it, which of course is currently helping my farming on the other character. Very very excited about using it for this build, as it truly is quite powerful. I'll farm up some more ex so I can get decent items for this one. I also did already get the artifice and put in my flame golem.

[offtopic-ish]

I might use this build as a starter next league, but I haven't decided between that or going with a summoner build yet. Clear speed might be better with this selfcast but I'm not sure which would have an easier time gearing for someone without access to funds/resources already. I haven't played at the very start of a league yet either, so I don't know what that's like apart from hearing about the racing people do. I started playing POE about a week or two into the season, but didn't hit maps on any character until 3-4 weeks in at least. So I'm not sure what that climate looks like.

[/offtopic-ish]
Dernière édition par chaotisphere, le 29 janv. 2019 10:02:59
"
chaotisphere a écrit :
[offtopic-ish]

I might use this build as a starter next league, but I haven't decided between that or going with a summoner build yet. Clear speed might be better with this selfcast but I'm not sure which would have an easier time gearing for someone without access to funds/resources already. I haven't played at the very start of a league yet either, so I don't know what that's like apart from hearing about the racing people do. I started playing POE about a week or two into the season, but didn't hit maps on any character until 3-4 weeks in at least. So I'm not sure what that climate looks like.

[/offtopic-ish]

I designed this build as a league starter, and started Betrayal league with it. In particular the lightning spire trap and the malachai's artifice were chosen to give high boss damage with basically no gear investment.

Leveling was a breeze. I spent my first chaos orb (at level 30ish) on a malachai's artifice. After that I bought basically nothing (other than maps) until I was in red maps. I think this is pretty easily the best league starter I've done. Even better than GC totems or CA occultist (both very good league starters).

That said, I tend not to be the sort of player who repeats builds multiple leagues in a row. So I probably won't be starting 3.6 with it. I generally try to make a build around a new or re-balanced skill.
Switched from selfcast arc to this build and just killed uber elder for the first time! Couldn't be happier!

And now that I reread the guide I realized I 100 % forgot to use lightning spire trap in that fight - didn't really matter.

Majestic hails and massive thanks to magicrectangle, this build rocks!
Congrats Zathow.

The lightning spires aren't that important on uber elder anyway. That fight is mostly about mobility. You're just running around avoiding mechanics while the brands do their work.

Some other bosses lightning spire can make hilariously quick work of though. Shaper it should easily transition him in one set of traps (during beam). Minotaur you get him to dive, move, and then throw them where you were just standing, he surfaces in the traps. One set of traps often kills him. That kind of thing.

But uber elder, aul, hydra, etc are just about the brands and moving about.
@magicrectangle can u give me opinion about using rare shaper ring with "+x Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells" instead of essence worm wrath + watcher mana leech? Lose about 18% dmg. but we can get ~80 flat life + some dmg, res from this ring + 1 free slot gem?
One more question, does "Enemies take 5% increased Damage" from Yoke of Suffering stack with increase damage taken from shock? Same question with aspec of spider and
Cinderswallow Urn
Dernière édition par ngtrungkhanh, le 2 févr. 2019 12:52:06
"
ngtrungkhanh a écrit :
@magicrectangle can u give me opinion about using rare shaper ring with "+x Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells" instead of essence worm wrath + watcher mana leech? Lose about 18% dmg. but we can get ~80 flat life + some dmg, res from this ring + 1 free slot gem?

Yeah it is definitely an option if you don't mind the damage loss. If you can get both life and mana gain on spell hit then it is pretty nice. Particularly nice for delving since it will heal you against invuln mobs.

I don't know about gaining a socket, you wouldn't do an unset ring, you'd do an opal ring (or on a budget, a resist ring).

I don't think it is wrong to do. If your focus is on delving or fast map clears it might be preferable. For T16/bossing I prefer the wrath setup. If you were going for a speed mapping/delving setup it is probably also right to use a +2 shield, or a +1 all +2 support wand.

"
One more question, does "Enemies take 5% increased Damage" from Yoke of Suffering stack with increase damage taken from shock? Same question with aspec of spider and
Cinderswallow Urn

Yes enemies take increased damage effects stack (additively). Shock maxes out at 50% increased damage taken, but you can go past that with other effects, such as cinderswallow and yoke.

I don't think yoke is worth it for us though. It does make enemies take 15% increased damage, but since we have elementalist min shock its big "your elemental damage can shock" mod is wasted.

Don't trust PoB to automatically get this right. PoB doesn't do shock correctly, and as a result anything in the same additive pool with shock will also be wrong. So you calc it by adding them all up and sticking them on a flask as a single more damage modifier. I use my cinderswallow to do it, if you're looking at my PoB.

With this ammy:

I have 788,214 brand DPS, and with yoke it is 784,459 DPS.

That's with 15% (chill, ignite, shock). And obviously the rare is better defensively as well.

The 30% effect of non-damaging ailments is already 6% so the net gain from the yoke is only 9%, which has to compete with the cast speed + spell damage. So it isn't too hard to see why the rare actually manages to edge it out.

If the craft on the amulet were +1 min frenzies it would be even better (798,872 DPS). But that's a spendy craft so tough to throw it into the grinder when gambling talisman corrupts.
"
magicrectangle a écrit :

Yeah it is definitely an option if you don't mind the damage loss. If you can get both life and mana gain on spell hit then it is pretty nice. Particularly nice for delving since it will heal you against invuln mobs.

I don't know about gaining a socket, you wouldn't do an unset ring, you'd do an opal ring (or on a budget, a resist ring).

If the craft on the amulet were +1 min frenzies it would be even better (798,872 DPS). But that's a spendy craft so tough to throw it into the grinder when gambling talisman corrupts.

About gem i mean i get one slot for jewel (instead of watcher). In delve, it's super effective, i can freely move in dark with 70-80 stack debuff. But in map, it's not that effective because mob die too fast. I will try it in ue and compare the difference.
About yoke, i got a jew with chance to poison on hit (it works with spell right? ) so i wonder do it worth with 20% instead of 15%
Yes if you have chance to poison, the chaos component of your spell hits can trigger it.

With my gear that would tip it up to 808,258 DPS, slightly higher than the rare, but again, no life/mana.

Assuming you're going to have 4 ailments, and you don't care about not having any life or mana, it would take a pretty good rare to beat yoke of suffering (1 ex or more).

Here's a search for rares that beat yoke even with 4 ailments:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/lD4J62hV

Here's a search for rares that could be crafted with +1 frenzy (1 ex) to beat yoke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/R9bmBaF7

Here's a search for rares that could be crafted with 30% effect of non-damaging ailments to beat yoke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/4P5vJLf9

That's pre-talisman. If you converted one of those to a talisman that did something useful, so much the better. (You can't convert shaper/elder ammys to talismans)
Just tested with inpulsa + three dragon + herald ice. The explosion chain is amazing
"
ngtrungkhanh a écrit :
Just tested with inpulsa + three dragon + herald ice. The explosion chain is amazing

Yeah that's a sweet combo for a more clearspeed oriented setup.

Are you running cold to fire on your herald of ice? Or a pyre ring?

edit: or something like this instead of pyre:

Solves mana and gets you fire damage onto your HoI at the same time (adds fire damage without a "to x" specified works with heralds).
Dernière édition par magicrectangle, le 7 févr. 2019 03:27:56

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires