[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

"
tufferugli a écrit :
"
nicky2tymes a écrit :
Ah I get you. With 25% reduced heralds, you can run 2 and another 25% - 35% reservation skill. I guess I'll level Arctic armor and another herald in weapon swap, I'm guessing I should keep rolling purity until I'm resistant capped?

yep :)

Awesome. Thanks again for a well made guide, great build, and being so responsive.
You had said you weren't quite sold on Phase Run as your fourth link in the CWDT setup. As an alternative, might I suggest Tempest Shield? Admittedly, it won't do MUCH... but all of what it does do will be helpful. 3% chance to block with shields, which will add a tiny bit of crit multi with Light of Lunaris. Plus, the lightning from the block can be helpful for spreading shock a bit, especially with Beacon of Ruin to help it.
Also, is anyone else having an issue with making ice spear projectiles group tight? I have to literally have my cursor like off screen to make them group up tight like shown in the description. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or a setting I can change to make it to where I can at least have the cursor lower than my buff bar?
Hey great build, thanks for the guide! I'm having a blast with it. Pushing red maps leveling up a bit, been an absolute breeze. I tweaked it a bit for my taste, still working on some links and whatnot but I'm really enjoying it.

My take on the gear, a really solid option for leech is berek's grip. Especially if you're running HoI and HoT like I am. Gives good damage, some life, res and leech. I'm using it until I decide to invest in rolling an elder ring setup.

Not sure what else I can switch / add. I'm using a rare shield instead for the greater flexibility on res and such.
I'm thinking of taking discord in merciless lab for damage and being able to link both heralds, is there any reason I shouldn't that I'm missing?
"
Atros81 a écrit :
You had said you weren't quite sold on Phase Run as your fourth link in the CWDT setup. As an alternative, might I suggest Tempest Shield? Admittedly, it won't do MUCH... but all of what it does do will be helpful. 3% chance to block with shields, which will add a tiny bit of crit multi with Light of Lunaris. Plus, the lightning from the block can be helpful for spreading shock a bit, especially with Beacon of Ruin to help it.

i thought about tempest shields in the early theorycrafting of the build, but then i forgot about it!
could be interesting, are you using it?
last time i used tempest shield it was still a mana reservation buff :D

"
nicky2tymes a écrit :
Also, is anyone else having an issue with making ice spear projectiles group tight? I have to literally have my cursor like off screen to make them group up tight like shown in the description. Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or a setting I can change to make it to where I can at least have the cursor lower than my buff bar?

bad news: you are not doing nothing wrong
good news: you don't need to narrow them so much

now that i've played a lot with the build i generally tend to aim behind the enemy (like you would do for doing single target with tornado shot, but a little bit further).

i really hope that ggg fix the angle/cursor distance relation, because it's a little bit too "wrist intensive" right now.

super nice diagram

"
coaa a écrit :
Hey great build, thanks for the guide! I'm having a blast with it. Pushing red maps leveling up a bit, been an absolute breeze. I tweaked it a bit for my taste, still working on some links and whatnot but I'm really enjoying it.

My take on the gear, a really solid option for leech is berek's grip. Especially if you're running HoI and HoT like I am. Gives good damage, some life, res and leech. I'm using it until I decide to invest in rolling an elder ring setup.

Not sure what else I can switch / add. I'm using a rare shield instead for the greater flexibility on res and such.

glad to hear that you are having fun with the build :)

someone else brought it up berek's grip in another comment and i quickly dismissed it, but after that i thought about it a little more and i have to admit that i could be a nice stepping stone while you are still mapping.
i'll add it in the equipment section.

the build is indeed a tricky to gear up, because you are going to have a lot of slot with unique gear which doesn't offer life or res.
this is especially a problem in betrayal where you need also a fair amount of chaos res to be prepared for It That Fled and Temple incursions.

however, no build guide is to be taken literally: if you can't cover your res on gear feel free to drop purity of ice or arctic armour and to use purity of elements.

also, if you are not interested in bossing you can drop mark of the shaper and/or pandemonius and use more well rounded jewelery, because you don't need that kind of damage if you are more focused on mapping.

"
nicky2tymes a écrit :
I'm thinking of taking discord in merciless lab for damage and being able to link both heralds, is there any reason I shouldn't that I'm missing?

beacon is more clear oriented.
i think that it's the better choice if you are league strarting, because you are going to spend a lot of time mapping before doing your uber lab/serious bossing.

if this is not your first character in the league/you have a good map pool/currency/etc, feel free to take discord.
Just completed Shaper with this build deathless, one portal loss due to crash :(
No lack of damage in this build and im lvl 92, all upgrades will go to Life, res, evasion etc further on

Nice build Guild!
https://imgur.com/a/O5XgYfB
Dernière édition par Mellers127, le 2 janv. 2019 10:56:54
You do make a good point. ATM i'm focusing more on clear and leveling. I will most likely eventually transition to a more boss oriented variant. Personally I don't like mixing ES/Life and will prob drop a few damage nodes and take MoM with a level 3/4 enlighten somewhere.

I recently invested in an elder ring. I was able to get level 12 warlords with a T1 lightning res and another crap stat. I yolo annulled and hit the crap stat. I'll probably just multimod it and add life/more res now.

Great fun build though. Unless they alter WO in the future, i'll most likely league start WO elementalist from now on. WO clears insane on a 4 link and you can easily just 5 and 6l it as you get them and focus on pushing atlas / farming quickly.
"
tufferugli a écrit :
"
Atros81 a écrit :

i thought about tempest shields in the early theorycrafting of the build, but then i forgot about it!
could be interesting, are you using it?
last time i used tempest shield it was still a mana reservation buff :D

I've been running it with Tempest Shield for a bit now, and it's seemed pretty solid. It goes off fairly quickly, and between potency of Will and the Increased Duration it shares with Immortal Call, it lasts for about 24 seconds. The effect of it is still fairly small in the scheme of things, though with Beacon of Ruin, it can still help spread shock around even with low damage. 3% chance to block isn't huge, but considering this build tends to be relatively weak defensively, every little bit helps. It also doesn't have the issue Phase Run has of eating up our frenzy charges, for little benefit, since from what I've seen, the build tends to do a lot of scoot and shoot type gameplay anyway, so there'd generally be a skill being used anyway to knock it into the worthless (for us) melee boost secondary.

Both are weak, though... we'd probably be even better served with something like enfeeble/temp chains/frostbite to taste if we could wrangle another curse into the build from somewhere, though that would likely be an expensive proposition to do it without hurting ourselves to badly... though I could see a case for Windscream/shriek if you can deal with health/res loss elsewhere.
Hi,

I was just wondering the reason behind choosing to run Purity of Ice?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires