Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Down with the stat sticks!

All hail TencentGGG!

Dernière édition par NikaidoxD, le 4 déc. 2018 02:25:45
Hm... that's a big nerf for the Stat stick builds, i'm not sure if i like ot or not, but i really like to be able to use a shield without feeling punished for it.

This change was really needed! Thanks for that!
"

We found that with this change it was important to make skillbinds specific to your weapon set. You can now have an entirely different set of skills bound to your main set of weapons and your second set of weapons.

Everyone will play windripper:)) same dmg as bf or ds but u clear 2 screen with 120 quant as bonus:)
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
instead of just nerfing godawful dps of BV? lets kill melee (again).

Thats what happens when you let alorithms balance game...
"
book_shelf a écrit :
"
Erzk3tzer a écrit :
was highly motivated, to play again this league, after reading, what you did there again, will safe me alot time, kthxbye

ty c u, soon plis, within week, ok ty

not really just made a 2 league break, pretty easy for me to say bye :)
ffs GGG....

Seriously?

Those stat stick numbers are far too imbalanced. 40% element, 30% chaos and 25% as dmg of random element? should be 20%, 15% and 10% respectively. And the statstick meta would kill itself.

I literally never used statsticks and I only play melee. Its really pointless to be honest, melees are sooo gimped compared to any ranged or spellcasting playstyle in this game it is absurd.

Instead of buffing melee in terms of revamping old skills (seriously, does anyone use Lightning Strike or Elemental Hit and such anymore?).

These skills need a dire rebalance as they are made practically irrelevant by all the upcoming content changes in past couple of patches and pretty much obsolete by the use of new, overpowered, 10x effects per 1 skill skills.

Also, boost the fucking melee gems a bit would you?

You understand melee late game is practically useless without a good 400pdps (at least) weapon. And even then it will struggle due to other things compared to spellcasters and rangers who have shitload of more multiplyer dmg options and can utilize range to their advantage.

Melee gems and skills need a buff so melee can actually do some damage and improve its clearspeed without it needing to spend a 100+ ex on a decend physical weapon.

You can literally do endgame content with lvl 5 bow but try that shit with a lvl <20 under melee weapon. Good luck.

Statsticks are retarded and I don't even know why you allowed them in the first place. Dual wielding needs a buff, and melee dmg gems also need a buff.

As it is its much easier to stack damage on spellcasters as their BASE DMG from spells usually outdmg your melee weapons (again... unless you buy a mirror worthy one).... which makes no fucking sense.

Bladefall for instance. Deals (44-380) to (65-570) Physical Damage

WHAT? Like...what the fuck. Not only can you boost the living shit out of it with support gems, its base damage is comparable to most 2h endgame weapons. With an inbound AOE and increased crit modifier... what the fuck? Stat stick on this wont be imba ha?

Who the fuck is in charge of balancing this game exactly and why do they need extensive researches to find out what your playerbase is literally saying to you for years now.

Playing this game with a melee character kind of feels like going to a marathon but shooting yourself in both your legs first.

I am not saying its impossible, I am saying your math and numbers and options are much more suited toward ranged and spell abilities who mostly have inbound aoe of some sort while melee skills and abilities are usually single targets that require a melee splash to even make it semi viable and even then.... splash is kind of retarded as its really low aoe.... plus melee classes have hard time pumping out aoe because its in templar witch area mainly and rarely can you invest in it if not going out of your way.

Seriously... what the fuck? Gimp the base values of fucking spells and reduce the crit nodes on the tree so fucking rangers and spellcasters cant go around 1 shoting entire fucking rooms while you struggle to even get to the mob, hit it, then to the next and repeat.

Your game design is flawed.

In all RPG's the theme is next. Spellcasters should be imba, but not able to get insane defenses up(cloth). Rangers are the best of both world,decent damage, range capability and decent defenses (leather) and then you got melee... who got no range, no spells but if he comes up and close... he decimates both ranger and spellcaster unless they skilled enough.

In your game melee can go fuck himself because a ranger with Point Blank will outpreform him in DMG close up 80% of the time.

Also why the fuck you buffing energy shield?

What the fuck?

Its already EASY AS IT IS to make a char with 10k energy shield without any serious investment.... what the fuck? gheez I came for betrayal but it seems I won't be staying for long after I get my 2 week kick out of it....

Finally.. uniques are getting a rework.

You do realize what a stupid design feature is to make UNIQUE ITEMS vendor trash?

At least give us a fucking recepie... Full armor set of indentified uniques = blessing orb... full set of unindentified uniques... divine orb or something?

And also, you realize you made about 90% of uniques even more useless with insane shaper and elder mods?

These mods should seriously be nerfed as fuck. Any player with access to endgame items like those can outperform any other type of build or whatever no matter how well put simply because the mods and possible comibnations of mods are beyond this world.

I just tested something I have a blade vortex character that deals around 40k dps per sec with 1 bv stack. around 450k with 10 stacks. If I put a semi decent stat stick (30% phys added as fire and lightning) and 20% as dmg of random element... I am at 95k per 1 stack and 950k for 10 stacks...

1 fucking item ouperforms my whole fucking build setup. It gives more damage then my whole gear and setup combined basically.

This is terrible game design and needs to be nerfed as fuck. But you ain't gonna do that. You didn't nerf spellcasters or rangers in past 5 years I have been playing. Why expect it now?

Meanwhile melee can go fuck himself. Great game design really, superb.
"
insilopeh a écrit :
"
Tainted_Fate a écrit :
its ok to nerf stat sticks
but what about buffing melee? seriously, buff RT, buff brutality support, buff melee damage nodes, buff cyclone. melee builds need some love.

Melee is still super strong...albeit melee relies on a few select skills that are super strong....

Most encounters heavily favours ranged though, so you could argue that melee had an inherit disadvantage there.

Anything with molten strike will still be god tier facetanking.

Cyclone never recovered from the 50% less dam nerf on the first hit making it a bit bluh on singletarget. Oh well this brings it in line with all other melee skills except for molten strike.

cyclone is still crap,molten strike got a nerf on helm enchant so you won't face roll anything like you did before.Also gl beating end game stuff with medicore builds like you coud done before,now you gotta invest a lot boi,like a freaking lot.
Not sure why everyone is freaking over stat sticks. It's been known for awhile now that a nerf was coming for them. Also why does it even matter. Unless I am reading it wrong you can still use them. They just both have to work for the skill. So what's the issue. It is a nerf but not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.
"
rahven32 a écrit :
Not sure why everyone is freaking over stat sticks. It's been known for awhile now that a nerf was coming for them. Also why does it even matter. Unless I am reading it wrong you can still use them. They just both have to work for the skill. So what's the issue. It is a nerf but not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.

You're inexperienced.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bex_GGG a écrit :
But what about Self-Casting?
In the last few days the community has been very keen for news for casters who don't rely on totems or triggers, which is often referred to as self-casting.

Self-casting has not been a specific focus of the set of balance changes for 3.5.0, and we don't want to try rush in further big changes without extensive testing.

Betrayal does include some changes for various things associated with self-casting. We have designed the new cold skills to be aimed at self-casters, for example.

I'm reading this as:

"We're aware of the issue and will be focusing on it properly at some point. Here's some of the results of our preliminary efforts to that effect."

Thank youu~
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires