[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
Zyke92 a écrit :
Just want to say thank you to the guy who made this build and to the people posting their versions of the build in the comments.

I just beat Uber Elder deathless, first league and first try ever (even deathless)! Super excited about that, was so nervous going into it.

I ended up running with a skin of the loyal and 30% reduced mana on the helm and pushed my herald of agony to somewhere around 2.2 mil dps with hatred (he seriously wrecks), which puts me at very, very low mana, so i had blood magic on cyclone. I also prioritized getting 20% chance to poison on weapon to ensure my DPS is actually up where POB says it is.

I had been running abyssal cries for maps and "fixed" my mana with a conqueror's efficiency jewel, but for Uber Elder i dropped using abyssal cry (didn't have the instant warcry nodes anyway) and went for some more life / damage / survivability instead, with focus on just moving around and cycloning and having just enough mana for temporal shield.

Overall really enjoyable build, i love using a shield thematically and even though blocking isn't 100%, this felt ridiculously tanky and definitely saved me on Uber Elder a few times because of bad positioning. It might not be the fastest build, but it's a good jack of all trades and once you get some levels into the Agony Crawler, it really starts to pump damage.

Overall, i probably overprepared a bit for the fight gear wise, but i managed to make a ton of currency and get a lot of upgrades in the last week!

Pastebin for my POB: https://pastebin.com/6buNicFs (don't mind the unreserved mana, POB can't figure it out :P)...

Congratulations on your first über elder kill! Getting him down on your first attempt ever is a feat!

I'm glad that you've been able to enjoy the build. When I initially planned the build it was with the intention to troll a few of my friends, like who ever had heard of a block based gladiator summoner? (even if hoag maybe can't be put into the regular summoner category). So it's always a pleasure every time I see someone make their first X kill with this build, a build that in the end didn't turn out to be trollish at all :)

"
Slovier a écrit :
For some reason the Pastebin links don't work for me, they just show up as code when I enter the website. Are they broken by any chance?

The pastebin links are all for import into Path of Building, a program which I strongly recommend to install if you don't have it.

There are some regular skill trees in the leveling section, and you can also check out my character BombasticStickLauncher by clicking on my profile.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Hey amazing build!! completed my self made deathless shaper challenge (was my first league so set the bar lower lol). Looking to dive a bit deeper in now and maybe play with EE / generosity / hatred but had some questions.

1: To proc EE would I be ok with an "adds #-# fire/lightning damage to attacks" mod?

2: if the minions hits first for whatever reason, is EE ruined and only increasing the minimal ele damage im doing?

to the OP: thanks again for the build its exactly what I was looking for :)

to any who respond: thanks in advance :)
EE only affects you, it doesn't affect your minion, so it doesn't matter what type of damage your minion does or when it hits the target. For you to proc EE you need to do either fire or lightning damage, which can easily be achieved with the new +fire and +lightning ring crafts. You can also find it on a weapon. The only thing to look out for is that you do no cold damage, so if you use EE you need to have generosity so you aren't affected by Hatred and make sure none of your items have a +cold dmg to attacks roll(also some lab glove enchants do cold damage).

And for any future builds, EE is calculated on every single hit. So you can't use one skill to proc it and then use your main skill after unless you plan to alternate every single attack.
This is one of the few builds over 2000 delve on Poe.ninja.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/FourceEU/Thicc_Blockings

It may just be stronger than the Occultist version with rain of arrows, golden rule for double virulence stacking, and 20k energy shield.
"
hitmantb a écrit :
This is one of the few builds over 2000 delve on Poe.ninja.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/FourceEU/Thicc_Blockings

It may just be stronger than the Occultist version with rain of arrows, golden rule for double virulence stacking, and 20k energy shield.

This build is certainly safer than the occultist version, especially with a surrender/% on block shield, and especially for things like delving with high mob count/survivable damage per hit in a confined area. The only thing the occultist version offers you is better protection from huge telegraphed one-shots.

I have 8500 life, at 82/82 block that gives me an effective lifepool of ~50k with the shield I have on. That's not even accounting for quartz flask/60% evade/40k armor/regen/lgoh.
Dernière édition par Thukker, le 23 févr. 2019 17:35:33
This looks like a pretty interesting build, I might give it a try in 3.6. Apologies if I missed it but is there an approximate budget for the different versions? From what I can see and know the amulet and The Red Nightmare are the main expensive items?
How will the new ring in 3.6 'Circle of Nostalgia' affect this build?
Hi thanks for the guide.

Do you think this is a good league starter? And what is your opinion about Champion (with rain of arrows) HoAg compared to Gladiator?

Thank you !!
"
redmalloc a écrit :
This looks like a pretty interesting build, I might give it a try in 3.6. Apologies if I missed it but is there an approximate budget for the different versions? From what I can see and know the amulet and The Red Nightmare are the main expensive items?

The low budget setup should be doable with around 50c

For the higher budgets you'll find the items in roughly this range.
The Coming Calamity: 1-5ex,
The anvil: 1-2ex,
Victario's Charity: 30c-2ex,
The Red Nightmare: 3-6ex,
Abyssal Jewels: 40c-1ex,
Rings: 100c-2ex
Boots: 50c-5ex
Gloves: 20c-2ex
Helmet: 50c-2ex for enchanted base + 50c-100c for a decent craft.
Weapon: 10c-5ex+ depending on if you can hit your craft.
Belt: 10-50c

So that's roughly 10-20ex for a very good load out. Bear in mind that you'll be able to do shaper & über elder with cheaper items too. The prices I stated here were estimates of what me and couple of friends picked up our final items for in Betrayal.

"
NotLlamasaur a écrit :
How will the new ring in 3.6 'Circle of Nostalgia' affect this build?

When using The Coming Calamity (which I prefer) it won't do anything. The increased buff effect only applies for you, i.e. some extra chance to poison. Not anything I would sacrifice a ring for.

If you are not using The Coming Calamity then it can be quite good as it reduces your mana reservation with a nice amount. So for setups using an elder minion helmet + Kaom's Heart it can be pretty good.

"
awawawawa a écrit :
Hi thanks for the guide.

Do you think this is a good league starter? And what is your opinion about Champion (with rain of arrows) HoAg compared to Gladiator?

Thank you !!

Hi, thanks for checking out my guide. It is a very solid league starter for sure. You won't be pushing any ladders with it, but it'll give you a safe and laid-back character to do all content with.

I haven't tried out any range setups with HoAg personally, yet from what I've observed on various videos it seems like they are hurting a bit more of the crawlers AI. You'll have more mitigation as a gladiator for sure, yet with a range setup you'll be able to avoid more damage by not being in the middle. In the end I think your choice should be if you want to have a character where you jump into the fray, or if you prefer a more old school summoner style where you try to avoid most of the incoming damage.

Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Thanks for the reply. Cant wait to try this for 3.6 !!!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires