[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

nice and interesting guide, thank you
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216
Where do you generate your frenzy's from in singeltarget? I see you press blood rage but thats ''on kill'' and you gain some in the shaper fight?
I did something very similar to this but with Ascendant Assassin/Raider. You save quite a few points not having to path over to the claw nodes and I don't mind buying accuracy gear but its personal preference.

The build works great and has carried my mechanically ungifted self through several uber-elder kills. The only things I really have to add to this that Loreweave is a nice chest piece (who knew) and that avian twins talismans like

can really help if you aren't confident in your shaper ball dodging. As long as you hit something once during the barrage you wont die to it.

Biggest struggle I have is the elder portal intermission phases because keeping up with adds as actually name lock melee while still dodging is rough. Any tips you have in that regard are appreciated. Anyways, super good build, fun to boss with, would recommend.
"
Aim_Deep a écrit :
Enjoyable read. Think I'll give it a shot since I found a seeker in SSFHC.

What do you think about glad instead of champion since I dont have haemos?? I read your comments of alt races but if you have no choice you have no choice. Would go glad or champ sans haemos?
Hmmm...well someone responded to the reddit post reminding me that the Red Storm node near blood magic is only a 3 point pickup! This stops you from having to run the chance to bleed gem which would really suck. I think in your shoes I would just take the hit to clear speed and run it as a champ, and pick up the Red Storm cluster. If you really don't like the clear speed because of stragglers, drop blood magic and pick up Herald of Ash (and Hatred while you're at it), and just have a bit less life and a bit more damage.

"
acadi127 a écrit :
Looks like a fun build! Well done.

Also wanted to post that I think I sold you that Glyph Loop ring though my memory is terrible so maybe I didn't. If I did I'm glad it was being used!
LOL, your name seems familiar but my memory is like a goldfish with alzheimer's. Definitely putting it to good use though!

"
Janus171 a écrit :
Hi,

thanks for sharing this, it's a really good looking build.

What would you consider other useful ascendancies? I saw about 50% of your damage depends on flask uptime (which is normal), so I was wondering if Pathfinder or maybe a Scion variant (PF-Ass?) could be worth a shot? Or is there something extremely important in Champion that I am missing, except the Fortify?
I pretty much agree with what other people have said. The can't miss is so valuable when you're critting because of how crit mechanics work, plus the other odds and ends are pretty strong. I try to cover it briefly in my Skill Tree -> Ascendancy section, but some people have brought other options to my attention so I might look deeper into it and revise that area.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
dim.kiriyenko a écrit :
Hello. Needs testing, but they say blood magic and damage on full life is not saved by multistrike or double strike here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/992291/page/1#p8418948
Hmmmm. there is a dev response which links to this thread as its source. The key here is that mark states "in most cases damage is calculated at the start", and the user replies with "In what cases is it not calculated at the start?", and mark replies "Cases where which monsters will be damaged can't be determined at that time.", and his only example is leap slam. However, keep in mind this was posted in July 2012, a full 9 months before multstrike was even added to the game. I would argue that multstrike is precisely one of those exceptions, because when you pay for the skill it doesn't know what the secondary targets after the first are even going to be since it autotargets after completing one attack and checking which targets are now in range. Other evidence I've found suggested it was calculated at the time of damage, but it's probably worth testing. I also kind of doubt I killed minotaur in under 5 seconds on a 5L, but we don't exactly have training dummies to test DPS on sadly.

"
Daruqz a écrit :
Hi I see you take blood magic, and reserve all your mana but I can't see with what gems in pob or in your guide? I can guess its HoA and Hatred but whats the last one?
So blood magic removes your mana and you pay for your skills with life. This means you just don't have mana, and thus can't reserve auras. I can see how it could be mistaken for reserving all your mana, but sadly that is not how it works.

"
srttom a écrit :
No Quality on some Flasks. Unplayable.
LOL, I literally had forgotten I never qualitied my Sin's Rebirth until I was making the guide, since its unquality duration matches quality on everything else. Thaaaanks for pointing that one out xD.
"
Daruqz a écrit :
Where do you generate your frenzy's from in singeltarget? I see you press blood rage but thats ''on kill'' and you gain some in the shaper fight?
So you see that blue vortex like aura around my feet? That's Vaal Cold Snap, which gains 1 frenzy per second if an enemy is in range! It doesn't give you full uptime, but it gives you a full set of frenzies in low numbers each time you activate it.

"
RonBrogundy a écrit :
I did something very similar to this but with Ascendant Assassin/Raider. You save quite a few points not having to path over to the claw nodes and I don't mind buying accuracy gear but its personal preference.

The build works great and has carried my mechanically ungifted self through several uber-elder kills. The only things I really have to add to this that Loreweave is a nice chest piece (who knew) and that avian twins talismans like

can really help if you aren't confident in your shaper ball dodging. As long as you hit something once during the barrage you wont die to it.

Biggest struggle I have is the elder portal intermission phases because keeping up with adds as actually name lock melee while still dodging is rough. Any tips you have in that regard are appreciated. Anyways, super good build, fun to boss with, would recommend.
I didn't think those ascendancies offered enough to be worth it at first glance, especially because now you can get frenzies in bursts against single target with vaal cold snap, but saving the points is a nice perk. Also, I don't dodge the shaper balls, I just facetank them xD. I know I didn't get a shot of me doing it in my vid, but stupid shaper just kept launching them at my golem so I never got a clip of it. I'll try again and if I can get a shot of me facetanking them I'll probably update the gif since it's pretty...baller *cough*.

Yeah...I had that problem in uber elder (I had enough damage that for red elder it didn't matter), and in the end I just ended up NOT swapping out ancestral call xD. I just leave in ancestral call and swap out melee splash for ruthless, and problem solved. Not only does this mean I can triple target mobs which allows me to clear adds, it also means we get bonus range which is helpful for situations where you have to sit in a small space and stuff.
How exactly is it reflect proof? just with instant leech ???? cmon, surely it cannot be that u survive reflect map mods and even double reflect map mods
Dernière édition par DJOLE2002, le 20 juil. 2018 08:01:55
The ascendant assassin base crit is valuable for sure. Raider is more questionable and jugg might be a better as a secondary but with Kaom's roots and Tombfist it's hard to spare links for frenzy generation. Maybe there's a better way but I just blasphemy vuln for bleed chance
"
DJOLE2002 a écrit :
How exactly is it reflect proof? just with instant the leech ???? cmon, surely it cannot be that u survive reflect map mods and even double reflect map mods

It easily outleeches reflect. There’s a vid in original post
"
cyyyylon a écrit :
"
DJOLE2002 a écrit :
How exactly is it reflect proof? just with instant leech ???? cmon, surely it cannot be that u survive reflect map mods and even double reflect map mods

It easily outleeches reflect. There’s a vid in original post

Okay ! thanks for the quick answer :D

cheers
Dernière édition par DJOLE2002, le 20 juil. 2018 08:02:12

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires