Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
tomasd_ a écrit :
How do I keep my spectres alive at low lvl(28+)? I feel like they do no dmg and die instantly.

One important thing to do is you need to occasionally resummon your spectres while you progress through the zones. This is because spectre level is capped by area level (and gem level).

For example, a Flame Sentinel summoned in Solaris Temple is level 27 with 350hp and does about 250dps. If you summon it in Upper Scepter, they will be level 33 with 520hp and 370dps.

You might also find they die sometimes from just general fighting. Unfortunately, spectres are somewhat weak until you finish the second labyrith.

If you feel they're a little underpowered, you can spec into 'Elemental Equilibrium' earlier. So, attacking with Storm Brand will reduce monster fire res by 50%, so the level 33 flame sentinel will now do 555 dps.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
AaronSkyWarder a écrit :
Hey there.

Firstly I want to thank you for this guide. It's well written and looks pretty awesome. I'm definitely going to try it out in upcoming Synthesis league as my league starter.

Are you planning to update this guide after the patch notes will be released? At this point there is only manifesto, but cooldown reduction for Convocation and hit aspect of Summon Phantasm Support seem to be promising. I'm curious if it would be worth it to keep phantasms on even during the boss fights, or if it would be still better to switch to Elemental Focus.

Hi,
Thanks for the support.

I'll definitely be updating the guide before league start, and there will be small updates during the league if there are any interesting developments. For example, trigger craft in betrayal was such a big QoL upgrade, I added it into the guide after playtesting. There are some other small things I want to add for league starter as well.

Convocation CD reduction will improve the clearspeed of this build - run and convocate; you won't need to ever stop. I'm waiting to see what how the numbers will be, but I'm optimistic.

As for the phantasm gem swap, the main issue is the length of the boss fight. If you can kill the boss within 15 seconds, they won't despawn and spectres + phantasms actually have more total dps than spectres alone. Also, if the boss fight has adds, they're also fine. The main problem is at the start of mapping. When we're still levelling gems, a boss fight might go long enough for the phantasms to despawn. Hence, my suggestion of swapping.

However, if the phantasm change is something along the line of refreshing their uptime when they hit rare/unique monsters, there will be no reason to swap them out!

The other notable change is:
"
We've now lowered this curse effect reduction to let damage curses provide more worthwhile bonuses against bosses.

Since this build uses dual curses, I think there'll be a nice increase in damage!

Anyway, I'll update the guide when the patch notes come out!

🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Dernière édition par kayella, le 5 mars 2019 03:27:40
"
omgree a écrit :
Ive tried OPs setup (act 1) and do agree with you it was slow and true masochism.
frost bomb + onslaught - was enough for me
and explosion trap + lesser poison for single target up to Storm Brand.
But the problem is we have almost 0 passives to improve our storm brand - if we do until act 3 lvl 28, we need alot to respec. So im not sure SB is correct way to go.

Also yay, convocation getting buff (less cd)!
This build looks to me faster mapper than SB or any other (except Deadeye max speed). Just run and spam convocation

Also why dont you use Anime guardian 4-link? Is this bad idea?

When I level, I mostly run past everything and only kill something if it's in the way. That could be why I had no problem with fireball. Also, I didn't find SB to be underpowered because I pathed into Arcanist + Explosive Runes. The build only misses the 58% increased damage path that a SB build would start with. However, it may need another look since it seems like GGG will nerf SB's damage.

With the AG, I think in the current game, giving it 4-links takes away from something else that is more important. Before 3.3, AG was important for TV spec necros because you could give it two Dyadus for 200% more damage. Now, the AG only gives modest damage boost.

I did try to work it into the build with fewer supports, but it just died too easily. It certainly doesn't survive in delve.

If you can find a way to work it in, I'd be interested!

"
kayella a écrit :

With the AG, I think in the current game, giving it 4-links takes away from something else that is more important. Before 3.3, AG was important for TV spec necros because you could give it two Dyadus for 200% more damage. Now, the AG only gives modest damage boost.

I did try to work it into the build with fewer supports, but it just died too easily. It certainly doesn't survive in delve.

Thanks for your reply. I played befor 3.3 so as you mantioned it was mandatory or some crazy TV spec dmg. Does GGG fixed it?
I've used for AG: AG - Empower - Minion life - Minion and totem elemental resistance, worked fine for elder/shaper runs, but havent tried in deep delve, so you may right, its not a case to bother with items and resummon it for deep delving.
By the way have you tried Occultist HoA build? W8 for patchnotes im planning to start with this or HoA Occultist, cant decide yet.

Occultist
Pros:
- higher EHP (15-25k Es pool)
- could use at least 3-curse (temp chains, enfeeble, ele-weak), curses get buffed and now better on bosses also huge defence layer in delve (i played Howa tri-curse occultist it could pass through 1k+)
- fast ES start recharge rate so we dont need to care about ES leeach since we dont do dmg enough
- immortal minion (we dont need to care to summon it, also we can use dmg on full life lined to HoA)

Cons:
- only one summon, but with high minion speed and profane bloom may be not a big deal
- prox shields on mobs is a cancer, not sure if bloom affects it but probably need to convocation into it

Necromancer
Pros:
- higher clearspeed, more minions, faster convocation, overall faster than occultist since we use haste and take benefits from offering?
- Convocation buff (less CD) + Invoker (even more less CD if GGG not gonna nerf it)
- offering affects you, so more speed
- can use more IIQ gear than Occultist HoA
- run 2 curse on hit but less area than Rain of arrows CoH setup

Cons:
- lower ehp?

Would love if smn gona compare and make some remarks to it
Dernière édition par omgree, le 5 mars 2019 10:03:23
Is this build viable for HC?

I think 6k is too low for HC, maybe one should use the Tanky + DPS by ff3 version of the build in HC?

Anyway, amazing build.
Dernière édition par CapetaDoMal, le 5 mars 2019 10:49:13
"
kayella a écrit :

Done. I've also fully updated the guide. If you have time have, could you look through it in cas I left something important out.

It looks great! I'll let you know if I come up with any more recommendations.

Convocation 8s-->4s cooldown this patch + 50% inc CDR from Invoker + 20% inc CDR from quality on gem will make speed-clearing even smoother, pretty excited!

Anger got a decent buff -- I'll probably use the Haste + Anger-Gen combo for early maps.

Bone Helmet implicit got nerfed 40%>20%, but you can eventually switch into an enchanted Bone Helmet.
Dernière édition par consecotaleo, le 5 mars 2019 20:19:04
"
omgree a écrit :
AG & Occultist HoA vs Spec Summoner
"
kayella a écrit :

Thanks for your reply. I played befor 3.3 so as you mantioned it was mandatory or some crazy TV spec dmg. Does GGG fixed it?
I've used for AG: AG - Empower - Minion life - Minion and totem elemental resistance, worked fine for elder/shaper runs, but havent tried in deep delve, so you may right, its not a case to bother with items and resummon it for deep delving.
By the way have you tried Occultist HoA build? W8 for patchnotes im planning to start with this or HoA Occultist, cant decide yet.

Occultist
Pros:
- higher EHP (15-25k Es pool)
- could use at least 3-curse (temp chains, enfeeble, ele-weak), curses get buffed and now better on bosses also huge defence layer in delve (i played Howa tri-curse occultist it could pass through 1k+)
- fast ES start recharge rate so we dont need to care about ES leeach since we dont do dmg enough
- immortal minion (we dont need to care to summon it, also we can use dmg on full life lined to HoA)

Cons:
- only one summon, but with high minion speed and profane bloom may be not a big deal
- prox shields on mobs is a cancer, not sure if bloom affects it but probably need to convocation into it

Necromancer
Pros:
- higher clearspeed, more minions, faster convocation, overall faster than occultist since we use haste and take benefits from offering?
- Convocation buff (less CD) + Invoker (even more less CD if GGG not gonna nerf it)
- offering affects you, so more speed
- can use more IIQ gear than Occultist HoA
- run 2 curse on hit but less area than Rain of arrows CoH setup

Cons:
- lower ehp?

Would love if smn gona compare and make some remarks to it

With regards to old TV spec summoners, the spectres only did 1/3 of the total DPS of the build. The old mod for Dyaus was "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". So, the remaining 2/3 of the DPS came from a dual wield AG with two Dyadus. GGG changed Dyadus to 100% ignite damage in 3.3.

This is actually the main reason my build exists. I wanted to find another spectre that would do crazy single target DPS and I wanted to see how far I could push it. The quest led me back to the old Cannibal Fire-Eater that people had mostly forgotten and here we are now, almost pushing 6mil shaper DPS.

The curse buff was actually quite minor, I think. 80% -> 66% is only 14% difference. 'Skittering Runes' passive gives 15% increased effectiveness...

I haven't tried the Occultist HoA, but I know it's a very strong build. I think occultist have better survivability than necromancers, too. Convocation buff is nice, but you will still need to run around to reposition the Agony Crawler.

This build has less survivability, but has much higher clear speed and does a lot of DPS as well. The change to phantasm support means we can keep them even for boss fights. And the combined DPS of 5L spectre + phantasms is higher than 6L spectres alone! Also, convocation on a summoner will be 2.5s!

Dernière édition par kayella, le 6 mars 2019 02:43:46
"
CapetaDoMal a écrit :
Is this build viable for HC?

I think 6k is too low for HC, maybe one should use the Tanky + DPS by ff3 version of the build in HC?

Anyway, amazing build.

I personally play recklessly (I run through the middle of packs), so I can't speak for its survivability when played carefully.

However, I think the main build might be a bit too fragile for HC. The HP pool is a bit low for HC and it lacks layered defences (block/dodge). This was a conscious choice as I was pushing DPS over survivability.

I think it's possible to modify it for HC, as ff3 did.
"
consecotaleo a écrit :
Convocation 8s-->4s cooldown this patch + 50% inc CDR from Invoker + 20% inc CDR from quality on gem will make speed-clearing even smoother, pretty excited!

Anger got a decent buff -- I'll probably use the Haste + Anger-Gen combo for early maps.

Bone Helmet implicit got nerfed 40%>20%, but you can eventually switch into an enchanted Bone Helmet.

I think I'll change the levelling guide to include the onslaught gem trick (throwaway scion starter), and using freezing pulse instead of fireball.

Bone Helmet nerf is pretty minor; this build tops out at 800%+ increased damage, so 780% will be like nothing.

I had a play around with PoB with regards to Anger + Generosity (and taking Leadership notable).

At a low level (around 30), it seems that Anger + Gen gives a similar DPS boost as Haste (without gen) of about 10%. Taking both gives roughly 20% more damage. Of course, the slightly higher numbers in 3.6 will give it a few % advantage.

However, taking both reserves 96% of mana. This results in about 30-35 mana which could be a problem if you need to use Flame Dash more than once. Conqueror's Efficiency increases unreserved mana to 6% and about 55 spare mana.

At higher level, Anger gives diminish returns, as you would expect because it's flat damage. I'm not sure where the crosspoint would be though.

All up, I think it's worth taking if you know what you're doing and are comfortable with the 96% mana reservation, but maybe for new players it's a bit risky?
Dernière édition par kayella, le 6 mars 2019 08:28:50
Hello sir. thanks for u guide , but i have a little stupid question.
in 3.6.0, the passive tree has not changed for this build?
in your build there is a tree link on 3.5.3 .

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires