Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

"
"
Do_odle a écrit :
Honestly,

These braindead slugs get a league that's more than a kill league and they go fucking ape shit, complaining because it isn't specifically a kill league.

It's mighty ridiculous.

Bestiary was a fine league that had great room for growth, even as a tutorial element itself, but it just wasn't casual enough, it wasn't stream-lined enough for people to really appreciate the crafting, and for some reason people didn't appreciate having harder mobs or slowing down the pace even though I as fairly certain that was a popular opinion, THAT THE GAME WAS TOO FAST AND MOBS DIDN'T HIT YOU ANYMORE?

The crafting is the big pay off though, so since that was so staggering it makes sense as to why it wasn't so popular..

I get that. I get it. But the concept is still strong, it's just sad to see that it's going.

I know most people don't think so, but they also don't think, so...

No it was an awful league.

Not sure why YOU I_NO would say such a thing being awful about Bestiary when you actually having full set of 40 done Challenges for Bestiary. You are even having Bestiary Supporter Pack. And YOU are the one calling it awful?

Baahhh.
Something I've always wondered,

When you say that you're not keeping around the main mechanics of a league, do you also not keep around the skill gems and uniques that were introduced during that league?

The skills and many of the uniques had nothing to do the theme, they were just GGG expanding the choices for builds and such.

Thanks!

Bestiary in it´s current functionality does make the game way to easy, thanks for not including it like that!
Lonewolf
Good. I got over capturing things really quite quickly.

Never even completed most of the challenges this league.

X
"
Kundarin a écrit :
"
"
Do_odle a écrit :
Honestly,

These braindead slugs get a league that's more than a kill league and they go fucking ape shit, complaining because it isn't specifically a kill league.

It's mighty ridiculous.

Bestiary was a fine league that had great room for growth, even as a tutorial element itself, but it just wasn't casual enough, it wasn't stream-lined enough for people to really appreciate the crafting, and for some reason people didn't appreciate having harder mobs or slowing down the pace even though I as fairly certain that was a popular opinion, THAT THE GAME WAS TOO FAST AND MOBS DIDN'T HIT YOU ANYMORE?

The crafting is the big pay off though, so since that was so staggering it makes sense as to why it wasn't so popular..

I get that. I get it. But the concept is still strong, it's just sad to see that it's going.

I know most people don't think so, but they also don't think, so...

No it was an awful league.

Not sure why YOU I_NO would say such a thing being awful about Bestiary when you actually having full set of 40 done Challenges for Bestiary. You are even having Bestiary Supporter Pack. And YOU are the one calling it awful?

Baahhh.

So because I like to do 40/40 in every league it means I automatically like the league? I chose to buy the supporter pack because the harpy pack looked cool NOT because I liked the league.

Same for the 40/40 I like the totem in my hideout it doesn't mean I LIKED IT it was shit garbage end of story.

It was AWFUL.

What's wrong with some of you? Just because she/he chose to do 40/40 doesn't mean they liked it in the first place what makes you think that? I question that so hard LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Dernière édition par Coconutdoggy, le 11 mai 2018 00:53:09
"
AndromedaDelux a écrit :
My biggest problem with bestiary wasn't the crafting, wasn't the nets, wasn't even the UI.

My biggest problem with bestiary was how ungodly brick wall some of the mods from mobs could be. You could be level 70, minding your own business, mapping and etc, and all of a sudden BOOM you're fighting a red beast harder than shaper, Elder, and all the guardians fighting you at the same time at once....

WITH ONE BEAST!!!!!!

And some mods would literally make beasts immortal, so if you weren't running a build that was this epic boss killer with 2 million dps you couldn't do anything. And if you tried to run the damn things would chase you across the entire map because even with a haste flask they'd outrun you.

^ Whoever balanced the power on beasts is out of touch. Not everyone should be forced to run single target uber boss killers just to progress through maps without feeling like they have to dumpster a map because a modded beast is out of control.

And before you say, "JUST GO AROUND" <-----In some of these instances the beast literally blocks your passage through caves etc.

The unique items where pretty cool and the crafting system was good. But my god....you didn't have to make beasts immortal just because some people on reddit were complaining about how the beasts didn't survive long enough to be netted....thats just bad...

hahaha this made me laugh so hard. i remember dumping 3 un-modded white maps in a row one day for this reason. and i'm like...these maps should be easy peasy....but not lol. first time the mob followed me all the way back to the start of the zone from 3/4 of the way through. next two times i just quit the maps when i realised the same was happening.

i wonder how many first time players had this experience? lol...too funny when an un-modded entry level map can't be completed coz there's some crazy OP random mob in there that is a gazillion times tougher and smarter than the end mob.

League was shit, end of story.

Some concepts are cool as a 3 month-league, others are only good as a core game mechanic (Prophecy).

Some are as good that they fit in both ways. And others are simply not good for neither of those cases.

I think they made a smart choice not trying to force it into the core game when it's clearly garbage.
Dernière édition par algosito, le 11 mai 2018 02:01:13
I feel very disappointed by this league. I didn't have great expectations to begin with, but I figured that it would be a goofy, albeit entertaining spin on something like Pokemon or something. But like most leagues I've played, it just seemed like Standard with a small percentage of a slightly new gimmick (at least in my experience). I quickly lost interest, even after forcing myself to play more. Clunky and confusing. I feel like I missed out on these "OP" end-game rewards, which only adds to the disappointment.

I fucking love this game, but the more I try these leagues, and the more I play I feel like I'm really experiencing continuous rounds of diminishing returns, and I hate to even admit that.

I feel like I'd rather just play Standard now with all my amassed gear, but I'm pigeon-holed into trying a new league because the rewards are so "OP". Maybe I'm just a shitty player, or a big whiner, but sometimes I feel like I'm in a bad relationship and I should seek counseling.
Well, if there is anything that I learned from this league is that there are garbage people on the forums and on reddit. No point in arguing. It's out and a majority of the people who hated it got what they wanted by being assholes.

That's the only thing that left a bad taste for me in this whole experience.

(⌐■_■)
"
Qarl a écrit :
[li]Bestiary is very different to the core game(...)

/Looks at lab, then reads this again
WTF?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires