Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Thank heavens common sense has prevailed.

Good decision GGG. Standard remains an untainted fallback if future leagues also have issues.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
I love POE, but I've gotta be honest: I really disliked Bestiary, and I am glad it will not live on after the league is completed. I stopped playing POE altogether after they added the death nets.
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
"
MrsDeath_ a écrit :
OMFG ARE U KIDDING ME? THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST MECHANICS YOU CAN ADD TO THE CORE GAME AND YOU THROW IT INTO THE TRASHCAN BECAUSE NOOBS COMPLAINED ABOUT IT? PEOPLE DONT USE BESTIARY ARE NOT EVEN YOUR TARGET PLAYERBASE THEY ARE JUST NOOBS WHO CANT PLAY THE GAME!!!

"
vpsnake a écrit :
Generally, GGG just said something like: "We won't include it because of we would need to support it". For example,
"
A variety of reasons fuelled this decision:
* We would have to support the interface and the Menagerie going forward...
* Bestiary is very different to the core game, which means we need to keep all the tutorial elements...
* The crafting results and inputs would need constant balancing and iteration to remain relevant...

It sounds like they don't want to support (Bestiary related) interface, Menagerie, tutorial, items crafting/balancing.

My thoughts are this has nothing to do with noobs or not wanting to support. Decisions like this are made around $, and I think they took a financial hit in sales early on (rocky start, misc problems, unpopularity, popular streamers not helping the situation like that chick tarke cat, etc.). They haven't really thought things through in time and now the cost is too great for them to try and support and even augment the system for future content without the $$ rolling in to fund it.

It's a shame because I really enjoyed this league. It may not have been as rewarding as other leagues - early on - but it was fun and something extra to do that you didn't have to do if you didn't want to do it.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Dernière édition par cgexile, le 9 mai 2018 08:39:34
I will miss the recipes but I will not miss too much the red mobs. Too much RNG. When you encounter an impossible mob with extra life+life regen+massive attack, you run for your life for half of the map.
I am glad to hear this. It was simply just not fun for me.. Slowed down the game too much and I didn't even enjoy the crafting aspect of it. Good call!
Thanks bestiary was too complex and tbh i didn't use it at all... i just used some of the very simple recipes but it was far too complicated to know where to farm and what to farm... if you do something like this in the future you need to have a much better guide and a much easier and transparent way to farm the recipes.
Hahaha love the clickbait title <3 wise choice, love your work and your passion... but this league was a good idea, that turned out pretty shitty :)
I think the only "BAD" part about beasting was the "catching" and "menagerie" parts, the fact that some beast could be used for crafting thas a great idea, the receipe was something cool.

But the fact to have to stop in middle fight to cath was a game blocker for me.
The "zoo" part was also someting not very interesting....

and the pokeballs was not a solution :)

But i liked the "pack" of beasts... if we could fight them again and they could "drop" the aspect or things like that as a frangment tht we could "add" as acrafting on a specific bench... the beast guy cold still serve as a master crafter... we could just like get "bones" of teh beasts to pring him and this could be used as a currency he couls craft aspect, modify prefix/sufix thankg like that with "aspect" fragments, and "bones" as money for higher crafting.

so remove nets, remove "zoo" and have a aspects and a form of master curency and receipe could be "avaliable" after killing the requested beast as a form of mission.

i think creating this league was a fair amount of work. in that case i definetly feel sorry for you guys.

as a subjective player i found bestiary league nothing but a huge pain.

i want to say that i much appreciate it, that u got the balls to dumb your hard work. thanks. i will not forget your sacrifice.

keep going on with new, fresh, and uncommon stuff. just learn that u cant sacrifice the game-flow for it :)
Guys what about aspects crafting and Bestiary bosses armours drops - pls leave drop of them in core game also somehow crafting aspects on the gear... PPL not buy them before and now after this topic prices are astronomic especially for farrul chests... I want get them later somehow...

Pls just put bosses items drops to core game (without bestiary) or even without crafting aspects if you do that...Those armours should be available for everyone... not only for few ppl who have them...

Solution like 5% chance to spawn portal to one of bosses when playing map - then we can drop items from them but without completing/implementing bestiary to core game...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires