[3.10] Death's Oath CI Occultist (RETIRED)

Hello man.

First of all thank you for the guide and your time.

Im already playing and testing in 3.5 and its pretty amazing, im enjoying a lot.

I did a few changes in your build, checking other builds and with Path of building.
I dont know how can i link my profile or items here, but maybe i gonna try to make another guide with 3.5 and some changes.

I killed Shaper lvl 86 with bad gear and no ES 6L armor, and with better gear and ES 6L prob Uber elder will be easy to farm too.

I have 6k ES and as i said not big dps, btw Shaper is easy kill. Im playing and testing this build in SC becuase gonna try it in HC soon so i think is still improvable.

Its the first time im playing a CI build with ES and really like a lot!

And one question. You link Essence Drain in a Death Oath chest?
Dernière édition par Fluctuoso, le 15 janv. 2019 11:04:42
"
I did a few changes in your build, checking other builds and with Path of building.

If by changes you mean using breath of the council and shield; this build was the same setup last patch before I changed it to grey spire cause it felt better and had more damage.

Uber elder might be a lot more difficult than shaper for this build.

"
You link Essence Drain in a Death Oath chest?

Yes. Same colors.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
Thank you man. Well yeah i already checked it and saw your changes.

I never play a Energy shield build, so i feel like a new player but enjoying a lot and really want to try to push that build and trying to improve (if its possible)

Im using 5 auras (T.Chains - Vitality - Despair - Aspect of the Spider and Discipline) with 106 mana only looks still good. What do you think about Vitality with the extra regen? My watcher's eye i think also buffed it.

Usually i play hc so i like use inmortal call setup (im not sure if its works with this kind of build), also chaos golem for more def.

My only problem atm is the Energy shield, still have almost 7k and looks like low, i reached lvl 92 and not sure how can i get like 10k energy shield.

Any tip or this build cant reach a lot of ES? Or how can improve a bit more my gear or setup?

Thank again for your time mate.
Dernière édition par Fluctuoso, le 15 janv. 2019 17:04:44
"
I never play a Energy shield build, so i feel like a new player but enjoying a lot and really want to try to push that build and trying to improve (if its possible)

Yeah I get that. That's the main reason why I made this character, cause I wanted to play a CI build.

"
Im using 5 auras (T.Chains - Vitality - Despair - Aspect of the Spider and Discipline) with 106 mana only looks still good. What do you think about Vitality with the extra regen? My watcher's eye i think also buffed it.

I don't like vitality with occultist. The ES recharge she has is so good, a few seconds out of damage and you're full hp anyway. And with the ES regen from Vile Bastion, you have insane regen during mapping anyway. So the only place you'd notice the vitality regen is during bosses, where I wouldn't say its that useful. Atleast I've never had any issues. But your watcher's eye might make it worth it in your setup.

106 Mana might be a bit low to cast ED, if you're going for that.

"
Usually i play hc so i like use inmortal call setup (im not sure if its works with this kind of build), also chaos golem for more def.

Ye cdwt works fine, I used it previously, but now I don't have sockets for it. Same thing with golem, don't have sockets.

"
My only problem atm is the Energy shield, still have almost 7k and looks like low, i reached lvl 92 and not sure how can i get like 10k energy shield.

Any tip or this build cant reach a lot of ES? Or how can improve a bit more my gear or setup?

You should be able to get 200 ES boots no problem. If not, try sin trek/Doryani's Delusion. Same thing with shield, get a 350+ one. And the main thing that'll help is a Clarity watcher's eye with bonus ES mod. But you'll probably have to lose vitality for it.

Thank you for you answers mate.

You are right using ED with that mana its problematic, maybe using clarity instead vitality with the ED 6l.

Im using 2 DO armors, one without links for mapps and the other 6L for ED (still without colours :( ).

I bought a few items for more ES like you said, but whats your feel about the burning damage? I swapped my bleed flask for inmune burning, idk if its normal but for me usually is a problem and solved with that flask.

The Clarity watcher's cost around 60ex, need to farm a bit more haha. I tried yesterday Uber Elder and stopped when i checked that my dmg mobs was really low (like 5-10 for kill 1 Octopus) so maybe more damage and with the ES Chest could be better.

Btw how important is the Chalice Over Flask? I cant understand the use at all, always use the 4 flask first and them Chalice but not sure if im doing well or not.

Do you have btw any tip for Uber Elder? Maybe using Kaom Roots could stop the floor dmg? Because im able with my dps for kill Uber Elder, the only problem is the adds and the floor damage, maybe if i can ignore that damage somehow could be easy kill or using contagion with adds maybe idk.

Almost forgot it. I prefer use multiple totems instead faster casting. I think 3 totems wither works really better, since they can tank and apply more wither. I have a 98 Caustic Arrow Raider and doing all bosses all maps pretty easy, with chaos damage over time aswell and multiple totems for example against uber elder helps a lot i think.
Than you again for your time!
Dernière édition par Fluctuoso, le 16 janv. 2019 13:39:02
"
I bought a few items for more ES like you said, but whats your feel about the burning damage? I swapped my bleed flask for inmune burning, idk if its normal but for me usually is a problem and solved with that flask.

Burning ground/Monster's ignite on hit is annoying but I haven't felt the need to get a ignite immune flask for normal mapping because vile bastion's es regen on kill. For bosss/no regen + ignite you do want to a run an ignite immune flask.

"
I tried yesterday Uber Elder and stopped when i checked that my dmg mobs was really low (like 5-10 for kill 1 Octopus)

I think I mentioned somewhere in the guide, but Elder/Uber elder is annoying because the null portals have chaos res, the bosses themselves are not hard.

"
Btw how important is the Chalice Over Flask? I cant understand the use at all, always use the 4 flask first and them Chalice but not sure if im doing well or not.

The chalice is just to sustain flask charges for mapping, and something I added cause I already had all suffixes for flask I wanted (Staunching, Warding, Heat). You can easily swap it out for a sulphur flask of dousing. How you use it is, press all flasks at once. How it works is, during the chalice's duration the rest of your flasks get a lot of charges, but the chalice doesn't. When run out of charges for the chalice, assuming you're keeping perma 5 flask uptime, you have a small down time (like one pack) where you don't have chalice up. The pack then fills it up and you spam away.

"
Do you have btw any tip for Uber Elder? Maybe using Kaom Roots could stop the floor dmg? Because im able with my dps for kill Uber Elder, the only problem is the adds and the floor damage, maybe if i can ignore that damage somehow could be easy kill or using contagion with adds maybe idk.

Kaom's roots would just remove the slow, that won't help with any damage reducion, not sure what you mean by floor damage. I think you would need ED for sure for Uber elder, so you have sufficient damage for the portals.

"
I prefer use multiple totems

Same. If withering presence hadn't come out, I would've used that support gem for sure.

Dernière édition par cent664, le 16 janv. 2019 13:57:52
Is temporal chains a better curse aura to use over enfeebled? I'm also having trouble getting gear to max my resists out, should I run a purity of elements till I can get better gear that fixes it? Are there resist nodes I should be taking?
"
Is temporal chains a better curse aura to use over enfeebled? I'm also having trouble getting gear to max my resists out, should I run a purity of elements till I can get better gear that fixes it? Are there resist nodes I should be taking?

I'm not sure but temp chains is good for defence and offence (more skill effect duration) so I picked it, and I haven't had problem with survivability so I kept it.

You can take any nearby passives or auras temporarily till you can get better gear.

Hey mate.

Thanks again for your answer and explained the chacile use and everything man, you rock and love this build every day a bit more.

Yesterday i was testing some stuff trying to improve maybe a bit more the build.
Actually im using with a few differents passive trees (mana) and Ascendary, gonna explain you and hope see whats your opinion about this changes, i really like it.

Since Void Beacon and Withering Pressence (Ascendary talents) give cold res and +chaos res for you (both useless) i change to Malediction and Profane Bloom.

The next problem was using another curse, but since i was using Vitality wasnt hard problem for swapping it.

My next problem was with the Watchers Clarity jewel. I cant buy atm the 60 ex Watchers (Clarity + Discipline) so i was using only discipline jewel and i think Clarity ES is more important than faster recharge.

Soo, i bought the jewel but my next problem was Clairty aura, im using 3 curses + discipline + aspect of spider so no more mana, i was all night yesterday wasting stuff changing some passives trying to get enough mana, i though about use Aspect of Spider vs bosses only and disable temporal chains since im not sure if affect Shaper/UberElder.

Now, i bought a enlighten lvl4, sacrificed faster casting and using on my weapon clarity + disci + enlighten, and with 4 mana nodes already can use all auras and curses + spiders.

Have 82 mana but my Watchers give me Clarity ES + Mana regen so is not a problem regen mana. The only problem like you said will be with Essence Drain, but still dont have the good colours on my 6L DO.

The mana nodes with Watchers give you also more ES so feel more useful. I did all UberElder Guardians pretty easy yesterday (only eradicator give me problems but killed) and still the only problem is UberElder.

Delve with this build is amazing (im in Delve 300) now i have +8k ES +3 curses and no problems if i spam Blight or w/e.

Im not using the flask nodes, i really like a lot these talents but need to sacrifice sme talents so that was my choice, next 3 levels will get again.

My next step is change one ring for another one similar with streng, and i can have ome more passive talent.

Sorry for big text but i really like a lot this build and wanna try to improve it if its possible, check my character and let me known your thoughs.

Flame dash without faster casting feels a bit sad, but is not a hard problem to be honest, same about flask nodes.

I let my pastebind here: https://pastebin.com/Mx5LxYic
One last thing, i bought 23%Q support gems for Death's Oak. You think lvl 21 is better than 23%Q?
Thanks for your time mate!
Dernière édition par Fluctuoso, le 19 janv. 2019 17:49:33
"
Since Void Beacon and Withering Pressence (Ascendary talents) give cold res and +chaos res for you (both useless) i change to Malediction and Profane Bloom.

But those nodes give a lot of damage.

"
i though about use Aspect of Spider vs bosses only and disable temporal chains since im not sure if affect Shaper/UberElder.

They do, but 80% less curse effectiveness.

"
The only problem like you said will be with Essence Drain, but still dont have the good colours on my 6L DO.

You should sell the 6L DO and 6L your unlinked DO. Coloring a DO to 5 off colors without the jewel method will be expensive.

"
UberElder

ED should help.

"
One last thing, i bought 23%Q support gems for Death's Oak. You think lvl 21 is better than 23%Q?
Thanks for your time mate!

You can test these in Pob. 21 is better.

"
https://pastebin.com/Mx5LxYic

If you're sure about going for the triple curse setup, then Heretic's Veil would be better than Eber's. You can drop the mana reservation nodes near Zealot's Oath, all the mana nodes you've taken and the Enlighten 4, if you use Heretic's Veil and use a lower level clarity. You don't need a high level clarity, use the lowest level clarity you are comfy with.

Dropping Enlighten will let you use faster casting with Flame dash.

Pob - https://pastebin.com/qk9hhXRe

Dernière édition par cent664, le 19 janv. 2019 19:34:13

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires