Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Confirmed that traps are still a dead and gone playstyle as saboteur doesn't gives it nearly enough to even coming withing a country mile to make them usable.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
After crying internally for a while I'm determined to make max block necro work regardless of the nerf :')
uwu
uhhh
no changes for inquisitor?
"
Dragoon_Diver a écrit :
uhhh

Inquisiter was already arguably the strongest ascendancy. Maybe it was the bar
"
Dragoon_Diver a écrit :
uhhh

Chance to create consecrated ground on hit against rare/unique monsters
REVAMPED HARD
I'm...trying to wrap my head around how Elementalist, touted as one of the worst of ascendancies, is now ....worse than before. When I started playing this game, I was enamored by the lack of direction I had. There were so many options. I actually could try and likely succeed (after some practice) at anything I tried. SO, I felt. At this point...I can actually come to a harrowing conclusion: I should play this ascendancy for it is most optimal. This thought goes a bit in a stranger direction than you might think. In my case, I can actually say "Why would I play Elementalist over Inquisitor?" An answer to this is "Golems." My response? "That's it?" If you can look at an ascendancy and say "I'll do this for minions" or "I'll do golems with elementalist," and never have to rethink your choice, I believe the identity of this game is dead.

At the very least, Witch is rather boring to me, looking at these new papers. Now, I'm not one to surrender, so, I'm sure I can still do whatever I want and be kinda sorta half-decent. I just think it's harder now to do sillier stuff and still have it work? I guess when I play this upcoming league, I'll find out if I'm simply shit at this game.

Can you guys do something about this, though? Why is penetration on an ascendancy seemingly gated behind heralds? Shoot, if you'd gate it behind anything and really want to push this golem thing, why not add penetration on golem types summoned or active? Probably a crappy idea. I dunno about this so far, man. I dunno.
"
Redreaper21 a écrit :

Chance to create consecrated ground on hit against rare/unique monsters
REVAMPED HARD

yes, its so disappointing.
who the fuck cares for life regen except rf-builds ?

in general, a few good reworks, the rests just had no love. not even adjusting the arrangement of the branches like @necromancer. giving opportunities to the players and not forcing them to pick up bs to reach the end of the branch.
Dernière édition par Zirpe, le 26 févr. 2018 20:28:07
I kinda like the Saboteur changes :o

Pyromaniac looks really cool and it's pretty easy to cap the regeneration to the full 40%... I like the fact that now i will blind ennemies before i get hit by an attack and not when i'm already half dead.

They look so good in fact that i don't know if i want to spend 2 points to get the 8% increased damage per trap for my miner or to get the reworked explosive expert perk...

So much change for the inquisitor i don't recognise it anymore kappa!
"
Seyren_Freyr a écrit :
I'm...trying to wrap my head around how Elementalist, touted as one of the worst of ascendancies, is now ....worse than before. When I started playing this game, I was enamored by the lack of direction I had. There were so many options. I actually could try and likely succeed (after some practice) at anything I tried. SO, I felt. At this point...I can actually come to a harrowing conclusion: I should play this ascendancy for it is most optimal. This thought goes a bit in a stranger direction than you might think. In my case, I can actually say "Why would I play Elementalist over Inquisitor?" An answer to this is "Golems." My response? "That's it?" If you can look at an ascendancy and say "I'll do this for minions" or "I'll do golems with elementalist," and never have to rethink your choice, I believe the identity of this game is dead.

At the very least, Witch is rather boring to me, looking at these new papers. Now, I'm not one to surrender, so, I'm sure I can still do whatever I want and be kinda sorta half-decent. I just think it's harder now to do sillier stuff and still have it work? I guess when I play this upcoming league, I'll find out if I'm simply shit at this game.

Can you guys do something about this, though? Why is penetration on an ascendancy seemingly gated behind heralds? Shoot, if you'd gate it behind anything and really want to push this golem thing, why not add penetration on golem types summoned or active? Probably a crappy idea. I dunno about this so far, man. I dunno.

Watch Woolfio on youtube for some interesting 'he did WHAT?!' type builds, I'm sure he'll have plenty to say once the league starts and he plays around.

I do believe Elementalist looks bad now, unless you want to play golems ... but maybe heralds themselves will be re-made so they'll work. Hopefully Herald of Ash will add damage to spells and attacks, as otherwise it really doesn't make sense. Unless heralds get a good buff though, inquisitor's just that much more of an obvious pick :(
Greetings GGG. Love the game in a skid row kind of way. Started it all with the release of Diablo I and continued onward. I came to POE years ago after a google search for a game "similar to Diablo II.' Since then, I've played a league or two and leveled a bunch of characters into mapping but nothing too elite. I then take a break from the game and come back and rinse/repeat . . . often deleting the old characters or starting a new account but never spending a cent on this sweet game. This league I tried a Necro-Summoner and fell in love . . . even buying some stash tabs for Abyss and for 3.2 on a new account (big spender). Nerfing Offerings was a buzz kill. A couple of thoughts at this point. It would be nice to come back to POE after a break and find that my character or class has not been nerf-raped. It would be nice to play an overpowered toon that wasn't a threat to the establishment, then dive into a challenge like the onebros in Dark Souls. I'd give up my vows of celibacy for a complex character that requires a lot of effort and planning but doesn't require me to mash 50 buttons at once during hours of play (and have the character remain that way). Fine, if you have to dumb it down, I wouldn't mind joining a league dedicated to the old, gimp, and broke-assss. I know, I know, I'm not a major contributor so take my comments for what they're worth. Go team white-knight fanboys, but for the butt-hurt ones, you can insert the comments about last night with my 80 year-old mom here ---. She's blind, toothless, and was thoroughly pleased. At any rate, thanks GGG for helping me return to my hobo ways. And like any hobo, I'll stick to the cigarette butts in the trash and spend my money on more important things like Pizza and Brewskiis while gaming . . . or perhaps for security to keep certain butt-hurt fanboys away from the corpse of my Grandma.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires