[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

What about Mark of Submission Unset Ring for applying Despair? A good Alternativ or wasted Stats?
"
DankawSL a écrit :
"
HarryHaller a écrit :
What bow and itemlvl would u reccomend for self crafting?

Absolutely everything you need to know is in crafting section. Everything, except new delve crafting that i've not attempeted yet. I saw some broken stuff people already crafted with it. This is going to become extremely expensive really quickly.

"
Brian_Botono a écrit :
Spoiler
"
DankawSL a écrit :
Poison doesn't help. Chaos damage increases damage but it's hard to obtain (essences and unique gear pretty much). The only available thing are bow gems.

I'm pretty new to PoE and still learning all the mechanics so forgive me if this is an obvious question, but I see that the level 93 passive tree you link to for this build has 3 points spent on poison damage. Does that poison damage help some even if the core of the build is chaos damage?

FAQ:
Q: What is Caustic Arrow's cloud scaling with?
A: It's a degeneration area that scales off DoT / chaos / projectile / area / global damage increases. It's not a poison and doesn't scale with it.

It's not an attack itself, but the gem has an attack tag allowing it to be scaled with chaos / DoT increases with attack/bow skills. I know it's a bit confusing, but it's exactly what i said. The passive tree is as optimal as it's possible, don't worry.

"
BuchananNeket a écrit :
Thank you for the thorough guide. It's really helpful for a new player like me, but I could use some help with the free gem slots. As a new player I'm really not sure what to pick. Could you please help me with that?

Assuming you already have all other recommended setups, just fill them with CA gems, level them up to 20 and vaal for chance of getting lvl 21 gem.

I usually use these slots Enhance - Portal (2-link or 6-link inside CoH setup) and other 2 are reserved for end game content additional setups.

"
winterselene a écrit :
Hey, just quick question, do you think Herald of Agony is viable? and how would you link it? o,o

"
puckmarin a écrit :
What are people's thoughts about Herald of Agony with this build? Good? Bad? How would you fit it in?

FAQ:
Q: How about scaling Herald of Agony minion?
A: This build does not focus on poison and therefore Herald of Agony isn't going to be very reliable or powerful tool. In case you want to scale it, you would have to use Pathfinder ascendancy with Wither Rain setup. Additionally the setup would require Poison Support gem instead of Increased Duration.

^ I'll probably have to expand this one because there's a question like this on every page now i believe.

It would be nice if youd have some time to run a test with the herald of agony. I am thinking to use, but i am a bit unsure over the nodes and /or items that would fit it the most.
Much appreciated the answer !
I'm almost back to the level i've died at, 2 more days max. I've tested Toxic Rain during levelling and it seems better for the first ~4-5 acts. Afterwards CA seems to take a lead in speed. The CA+Withering Rain combo seems to take down most bosses faster as well. I didn't use Wither Totem with Toxic Rain levelling since the tree is a bit brutal in terms of int/str requirements and links on top of it.

However i dropped Quill Rain in act 1. This bow, combined with the Toxic Rain's DoT stacking mechanic, pushes the damage output through the roof. It's effectively double damage, hard to replace it even in the end game. 1c weapon to faceroll levelling, i'll take that.

Overall Toxic Rain itself is good enough to be possible levelling strategy. This is also going to be "twink" levelling because with quill rain it's definitely fastest way to go rush through content.

With all that talk about Toxic Rain, after i learned how it works (i didn't expect all pods to deal DoT damage!), i've thought about using it on weapon swap. Not like it's necessary to kill bosses and all, but against guardians and stuff it might be good idea. There's lots of potential issues like mana, budget and duration length. So far it seems too much hassle for too little gain if you ask me, but we'll see. Gonna test after i get surplus of currency.

I've also done some minor changes to the guide over past week, gonna wrap it up after i finish fossil crafting that i've been slowly working on.

"
GrrimmbartGroll a écrit :
What about Mark of Submission Unset Ring for applying Despair? A good Alternativ or wasted Stats?

There's no reason to. You should have Frenzy for refreshing the charges anyway. Adding 2 more links is not a big price to pay. Mark of Submission loses you huge chunk of stats, not worth it. Have in mind that CoH also gives 10% stronger curse effect.

If you really want to get rid of the links, use the gloves vaal implicit or fossil explicit "Curses with level 10 Despair on Hit". It will impact the damage you to bosses negatively tho.

"
winterselene a écrit :
Spoiler
It would be nice if youd have some time to run a test with the herald of agony. I am thinking to use, but i am a bit unsure over the nodes and /or items that would fit it the most.
Much appreciated the answer !

That's very low in my priority list atm. Agony Crawler simply doesn't fit well in this build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Can you please pritty pritty please!!! Put up a !FULL!(completly finished)
Skilltree? With the Jewel parts !included!
"
GrrimmbartGroll a écrit :
Can you please pritty pritty please!!! Put up a !FULL!(completly finished)
Skilltree? With the Jewel parts !included!

Right there with you. Not sure how to proceed anymore.
Normal 100 tree

Unnatural Instict 100 tree

Second tree is based on new unique jewel, use it in slot above acrobatics. Seriously efficient, but prices in DHC are quite ridiculous.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the awesome guide Danka!!

For levelling and even for end game before we can afford to craft a bow, which would be the best unique bow and quiver to buy please? I’m about level 70 and finding I’m struggling in delves :(
"
Xierg a écrit :

For levelling and even for end game before we can afford to craft a bow, which would be the best unique bow and quiver to buy please? I’m about level 70 and finding I’m struggling in delves :(

I used the fated unique Silverbough just in a simple 4 link prior to farming Tabula Rasa and after that crafted for the +3 6L bow, quiver I would just recommend a rare penetrating arrow quiver like Danka's recommended rares equipment says.
"
Zarythian a écrit :
"
Xierg a écrit :

I used the fated unique Silverbough just in a simple 4 link prior to farming Tabula Rasa and after that crafted for the +3 6L bow, quiver I would just recommend a rare penetrating arrow quiver like Danka's recommended rares equipment says.

I've been using a Quill Rain since I started maps and love it. Been using it with a witchfire brew and just melts mobs. As for quiver, been using a Skirmish as I have mana regen issues during boss fights with the QR. But any good penetrating arrow quiver will do just fine as well. Myself I'm trying to roll a +1 arrow on an ilvl 83 shaped penetrating quiver, but not having much luck. They are extremely expensive on Xbox. Also, Rigwalds Quiver is good too, but agian, very expensive on Xbox so I've only seen it in action on videos.
Xbox PoE : GT - RabidWombat1791
Hi Danka,

Mind having a look at my gear and suggesting an upgrade path? currency isn't amazing so want to be efficient with the upgrades. At the moment i seem to be slowing down on the damage.

I picked up a shroud of the lightless and wondered if that was a good option.

Thanks,

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires