[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Is this build the same one showcased in this video?

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQd93XPmGI
"
ElJayGee a écrit :
Is this build the same one showcased in this video?

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQd93XPmGI

Yep, that's my build. I didn't make the video or had any idea it exists until now.

It's a literal copy&paste of generic parts of my guide with a vaal temple video footage. The only thing that bugs me is that he doesn't give me any credit. His previous videos that also showcased builds that weren't his at least had a link to original guides (as an "example" but still).

Well, it doesn't really matter. He's not big/popular youtuber or anything. It seems he stopped doing videos on top of it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 19 mai 2018 08:26:42
Thx DankawSL
This build works.

You answered all my questions in-game with patience, since I am new to this game I asked semi retarted questions and you answered them with great patience.
See you next league.
well done, keep on updating will be using in 3.3
May 30th, 2018 - Incursion League
Passive Tree:
* All trees now pick up Trickery major node.
Spoiler
* The following change is not live yet, but will be as soon as 3.3 online skill tree appears.

Levelling Section:
* Deleted outdated info about Bestiary gem prices
* Elemental Bow levelling no longer mentions Phys -> Cold conversion passive tree nodes. Blast Rain now has 100% conversion.

PoB Link:
* Updated skill trees to include Trickery major node
* Removed Aspect of the Crab
* Removed Grace gem (since we get it from Vaal Grace now)
* Added Vigilant Strike gem

==========================

That's it for now. You might expect bonus optional gem setup. 3 powerful utility vaal skills caught my interest, i'll check them later in game how they feel. To be fair, optional setups got reduced so much that you can fit all of the gems inside your setups.

To be perfectly honest, with all those buffs across multiple skills i expected minor CA buff this patch. Nothing happened. Maybe new corruptions will boost it's power, who knows.

==========================

From other news, i didn't do any real progress on video guide. It's due to combination of Incursion league hype (i aim to reach lvl 100 this league), text guide being complete after the last update and overall laziness. I guess i'll be recording some footage first, then work on script and editing / visuals.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 30 mai 2018 12:50:56
June 1st, 2018
Passive Tree:
* All passive trees updated to 3.3 versions

Levelling Section:
* Added Purity of Elements to Elemental Bow levelling. Very useful if you're starving on resists.
* All passive trees updated to 3.3 versions

Mods dump:
* Now includes vaal implicits! Renamed to reflect the changes.
* Now hidden inside Crafting Section.

PoB link:
* Fixed the PoB link, previous one didn't include all changes from previous update. Now everything is how it should be.

==============

Seriously, those vaal implicits are huge. The chest mods are absolutely nuts for CA. Gloves are great as well, since lab enchant is close to useless. Maximum %HP and +1 frenzy is a great bonus to have. Bows can also roll 3 good mods, but that would mean losing potential 6% MS from maraketh bow... Oh well, corrupting is gonna be fun. Time to hit the jackpot.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 1 juin 2018 14:54:20
Little update about the Incursion league.

Overall the league is great as you might've experienced already. Lots of new skills, updates, buffs and all that. The incursions themselves can be really challenging and are very rewarding on top of it - perfect mix if you ask me.

BUT

This league is not very good for this build. For some reason GGG decided to give incursion monsters massive chaos resistance. We're talking about 35%. I've been struggling to kill packs of monsters inside incursion when speedrunning through normal mobs on the same map - without any mods buffing monsters tankiness. Killing Architects without weapon swap is close to impossible, but that's fine considering their high health.

I understand that GGG probably wanted to limit ED+Contagions's clearing ability and single target on top of it (new Vaal Blight is seriously good), but it caused collateral damage. To be fair, it most likely didn't change anything at all for those skills anyway.

Raider version got hurt a lot by this. It's still playable but honestly, until you hit end game it's better to completely ignore incursions. Trickster should have enough damage to not be affected that much. He might struggle defensively but with on-kill effect he's gonna be fine.

As for me, i died few hours ago at ~#200 on the IHC ladder. Lvl 93, 40% xp. Got absolutely destroyed by a massive blue pack of incursion monsters (they look like Kitava Zealots). It was inside very easy 8 mod map, but i guess pack size + LMP (so i couldn't manually dodge their attacks) made a lot of holes in my body.

Gonna reroll again, still want that lvl 100 on CA. Got my old gear so i should reach lvl 90 quickly.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 7 juin 2018 20:12:14
Do you think this build is playable on SSF HC? Aside from the chest piece all your gear is rare, which its why i thought it could be done. Ofc the MF think can be kinda ignored. I have the ultimate dream of killing uber elder on SSF HC, how would you recommend this build for this purpose? Thank you very much for your guide, its really really good!

Btw we can get spell dodge on boots for this build, should help alot
"
dirauter a écrit :
Do you think this build is playable on SSF HC? Aside from the chest piece all your gear is rare, which its why i thought it could be done. Ofc the MF think can be kinda ignored. I have the ultimate dream of killing uber elder on SSF HC, how would you recommend this build for this purpose? Thank you very much for your guide, its really really good!

Is it playable? Yes. Do i recommend it? Nope.

While majority of the gear is going to be very easy to acquire, end game gear is going to be absolute pain to get. Starting from:

* 6-link Bow
* 6-link Staff
* 6 or 8 exalts for crafting
* At least 1 Empower lvl 3 for ED setup
* Up to 5 good jewels
* 40% CA damage enchantment
* Level 8 masters for crafting

That's... a lot. These items are trivial to get in a trade league. In SSF it's going to be a very, very long marathon.

Raider version is going to be really underwhelming for majority of the time. Trickster should be fine since he's better on a budget but i don't know how he's going to perform against end game bosses. He has less speed and defence after all.

If you want to kill end game bosses in SSF HC, you should probably play something else. Unless you want to spend a month or two playing this build. On top of it, Uber Elder is still very risky and it's likely that you would die without practice.

"
Aidzi a écrit :

Btw we can get spell dodge on boots for this build, should help alot

That mod is ridiculous. There's no reason to ever use Atziri's step with this prefix available. Definitely worth using it if you can.
Dernière édition par DankawSL, le 14 juin 2018 19:58:09

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires